Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Blood Angels Army - WiP

Go down 
+7
smokezombie
folketsfiende
mrtn
DeafNala
5pointer
qboid
Pirexian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011 - 13:49

Lovely, get cracking!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011 - 13:53

CONGRATS on all the new toys! cheers
Have FUN with all the assembly, basing, painting, & stuff! clown
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011 - 11:16

Sorry about the delays... here's what I have done so far:
2 Assault squads, 1 Death company, 2 Sanguinary priest and Mephiston...

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 88391060

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 87493254

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 22885922

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 72845316

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 15519642

And here's my magnetized Predator Smile

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Pred1u

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Pred2q

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Rhino1

I don't know what to paint first.. probably the troops.. I don't know yet..
Any how, I still have about 10 tactical marines to put together (they came with the battleforce box) but since I have enough chainswords left over, I'm thinking to just build them as a third assault squad without jump packs.. :O!

What do you guys say about the non-jump pack assault marines?
they would go on the rhino/drop pod.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011 - 17:32

Looks like you're going to be OH-SO-BUSY for awhile...have FUN with the Beasty! What a Face
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011 - 9:45

Pirexian wrote:
Sorry about the delays... here's what I have done so far.
And a mighty force it will be! Looks promising - your skills will make it look great.

Pirexian wrote:
What do you guys say about the non-jump pack assault marines?
they would go on the rhino/drop pod.
I wouldn't be picky, but in a tournament people would probably get confused. Personally, I'm pretty WYSIWYG, since I like my units to look right.
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011 - 11:07

Well, the non-jumpack assault marines would be assault marines.. I mean.. I have the chainswords and pistols to build them, I'm just lacking legs... which I can take from the Tactical Marines Razz
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Dec 2011 - 0:09

A very small update:

So I really liked the way the tones of red ended up on the drop pod. And I want my troops and whole army to share that same finish. That's why I'll have to change the painting procedure a bit.
For my AoBR stuff I base coated everything on a light grey, then I went for a coat of blood red, then a wash of devlan mud, then blood red again and some blazing orange for thin highlights..

I'm planning on changing that, I coated the whole assault squads and sanguinary priest with the same red spray paint I used on the drop pod, again this is a glossy finish, to tone down that glossy finish I washed everything with a thick coat of badab black wash, after that I'll work the red up with thin layers of blood red, creating a subtle blend of colour (or at least that's my goal)

Here's the pictures, base coated with the gloss spray paint and washed with badab black.. you can see the difference in colour in the areas that have no wash on.

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault00

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault01

I'll update as soon as I have all the yellow helmets, weapons, and base colours painted.
see ya.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Dec 2011 - 8:46

Seems like an effective painting method you've got! Looking forward to more pics of the progress!
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 3:53

I've been kind of busy and haven't been able to make much advances, but here's what I've got so far... painted the helmets with some tau scept ochre, then a devlan mud wash, and then ochre again with some line edge highlightning, also I'm starting to work on some of the details...

Yellow helmets without highlights..
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault02

And some highlights done on the helmets.. also note how in this image you can already see the red armour of one of the assault marines already been made the way it's supposed to be. (the third one on the first row from left to right, that's just missing the orange edge highlights)
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault03

I'll update as soon as possible.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 8:40

Highlighted helmets look good. It's quite a high contrast scheme, but I think it'll work well!
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 0:09

wow... I this took me a lot of time... My progress has been quite slow lately.. anyhow.. here's what I've got:

I made the rockets for Both assault squads:
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault04

And the Gems as well:
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault08

As you can see here, I painted the kneepads, (haven't painted the squad icon yet, only the base colour) I'm done with the power armour (reds) and done with the chain sword, pistols and some of the details, only the Purity seals and some other white and bleched bone details are left, as well as the bases.
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault05
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault06

Also I applied some Decals, I totally failed at appling the left shoulder pad decals (blood angel icon) but I was able to get the right shoulder pads done at least... I'm having a bit of trouble with the damn decals... xO...
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault07

Highglights on the armor, weapons, helmets are all done now... only some bone, paper and purity seals are left... so these are My 1st and 2nd company assault blood angel squads =)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 0:33

Considering the fact that I'm not a big fan of Space Marines in general, I think the Fly Guys are PRETTY COOL LOOKING. VERY NICE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012 - 19:30

Finally after a long wait, here's some progress: 20 assault marines... x_x...
But this time I at least took nicer pictures. I'm Still waiting on the Meltaguns... so yeah.. you'll see four armless dudes around xO...

Hope you likle 'em!

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault13

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault12

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault10

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault11

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault14

A close-up of some of the details.
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Assault15

And that's all for now folks... Commig up next a Sanguinary Guard WIP, I already have it assabled and primed black... I'll post pictures once I'm around 50 or 75% done :p
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012 - 19:40

Looking good man!
The whole chapter scheme is really eye catching and the scorch marks and engine effect on the jump packs really sets them off.

Wish i had someone to play 40k with i see these.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012 - 23:04

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing the Assault Squads...completing a unit is always a source of extreme satisfaction & relief. The Lads look GREAT...I love the way you did the exhausts on the jump packs. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 8:58

Continually good stuff! The weathering works very well, and the contrasts are clear but still look natural.
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012 - 15:53

As always, thanks for your comments, they are really encouraging to keep on =)

Now, I haven't been very active lately at the forum, and that goes for painting and finishing models as well xD!
But I have some progress to update at least.. been jumping back and forth between projects and here's what I've got (damn I'm getting tired of fielding unfinished minis):

I started painting my Rhino's interiors, just base calours, no washes, no blends, no highlights yet, needs a lot of work still, since I painted my Drop pod, I've set my standards for that level of painting for my vehicles, I won't be satisfied with any less, but for now I can only show you this Sad
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Rhinoint00
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Rhinoint01

Secondly, I primed the Magnetized Predator with some red spray paint, again same brand I used on my Drop Pod and Assault marines, right now it is VERY glossy, later on I'll get rid of that issue with washes and blends with blood red.
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Pred3

Also, I started painting the sanguinary guard, I bought a couple of tamiya golden tones, gold leaf (medium) and titanium gold (highlights) but I've only done the primer (black spray paint) and some browns as a base for the golden colors, they're still in a very early stage.. but I'll try to follow MWG video tutorials for True Metallic Metal - Gold. This is what I have done so far:
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=406&filename=tamiyagolds
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=38&filename=pirexsangguard00
I've only started with the metalics on this one guy, I mixed a little bit of black to Gold Leaf to darken it a bit, later on I will apply different tones of washes, similar to MWG's tutorials on True Metallic Metals.
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Pirexsangguard01

Now, As I said... I've been jumping from one project to another without finishing any... this is my Death company, been working on some black power armor shading, using some medium greys (with a tiny bit of blue on the mix) and some lighter tones of grey... I still need to apply some heavy black washes to tone them down, since right now it's too light, hopefully it will come out as I'm planning. To tell the truth I really wasn't very careful when I painted the shades, I'm planning on fixing that clumsyness later with washes tough.
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Deathcompany00
Here's the only one with a black wash applied, but I may need to apply a second coat of badab black to blend the tones a bit better and tone down the highlights even more.
Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Deathcompany01

And that's it for now folks, again I'll try to have updates more often than not =)
thanks for your comments!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012 - 16:57

Well you've certainly got a lot of pieces underway; AND they all look very promising. Have FUN painting! thumbsup

If it's any comfort, in my old gaming club, you could only field fully painted & based units. With my Wurttemburgers that was either 40 infantry or 27 cavalry minis per unit. affraid
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012 - 19:15

Cool mins. how did u do the power swords?
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 20:05

A little bit of progress on the Rhino's interiors. I like how is looking so far, but I still have to finish some details on the screens and stuff. (pictures are a bit blury and off-color)

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=820&filename=rhinoint02

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=195&filename=rhinoint05

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=651&filename=rhinoint03

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=192&filename=rhinoint04

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 23:57

LOOKIN' GOOD! The interiors are coming along VERY NICELY...it's details like that that really make a model something special. Keep up the FINE WORK, & keep us updated on your progress. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2012 - 17:55

Rhino's Interiors done!

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=406&filename=rhinoint06

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=816&filename=rhinoint08

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=109&filename=rhinoint09
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2012 - 18:05

WOW! That looks TERRIFIC! That will definitely raise the piece ti a higher level. I love the way you did the display screens. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr 2012 - 12:33

Great job! Myself, I've never bothered to paint interiors - I'm just too lazy...
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr 2012 - 16:39

yeah mate... I sworn to never ever paint interiors again... I did.. until I got this baby:

Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Stormravenunboxing

I guess I can't help it.. this one will be the center piece of the army.. so I'll have to take my sweet time finishing... interiors included... the pain u___u... again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels Army - WiP   Blood Angels Army - WiP - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels Army - WiP
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next