Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Empty
PostSubject: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010 - 5:04

Hi Cianty,

As you have read in my campaign thread (https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/battle-reports-and-fluff-f11/toowoomba-campaign-2010-btb-t3917.htm) the leader for one of our Beastmen Raiders warband died in the very first battle and the centigor took over leadership of the warband. Now the Beastmen Raiders are following the Scion of Chaos objective and if the centigor becomes a daemon prince then will its movement be reduced to 7" or can the centigor daemon prince choose to fly 7" or gallop 8"? I'm happy to let the centigor still gallop 8" when not flying.

Thanks. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010 - 14:46

Absolutely! The powsers of Chaos totally support such awkwardness and I'd love to see a Centigor based Daemon Prince conversion.

I will adjust the wording of the Scion of Chaos objective accordingly so that when becoming a Daemon Prince profile stats are never decreased but only increased.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010 - 14:57

It would seem sensible to keep the 8" movement on the ground but have a slightly slower flying speed. Very Happy
I also love the idea of a Centigor Prince! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010 - 20:38

I have been wondering about the same thing but found it so unlikely that I would win the campaign with my centi as a chieftain, that I decided to start worrying about it if it would happen.

Nonetheless, good to know what would happen just in case BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_smile

As a sidenote: cianty, do you know if any player has ever achieved the Scion of Chaos objective besides the one that has it's deamon prince immortalized on the btb website?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun 2010 - 14:02

Mithras wrote:
I have been wondering about the same thing but found it so unlikely that I would win the campaign with my centi as a chieftain, that I decided to start worrying about it if it would happen.

Nonetheless, good to know what would happen just in case BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_smile

The erratum reads: replace M7 with M8. This is accordance with the Daemon Prince in the bestiary.

Mithras wrote:
As a sidenote: cianty, do you know if any player has ever achieved the Scion of Chaos objective besides the one that has it's deamon prince immortalized on the btb website?

None that I know of. In fact, I know of few gaming groups that actually play/have played the entire objective system from start to finish. Those who do are always very enthusiastic about it but most people just grab the warband rules and ignore all the inter-woven rulings of the objectives, exploration, happenings and scenarios. I guess this is due to the fact that few gaming groups manage to play on a regular basis so they are more interested in something like an "occasional campaign". Considering the number of gaming groups that provided feedback/battle reports I am happy to see various obejctives take the win though.

I take it that you are worried that the Scion objective is too difficult to achieve?
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun 2010 - 17:06

We have recently finished our BTB campaign but the winning warband (undead) had the silent threat as their objective - we actually had two warbands with the scion of chaos objective but the undead were simply stronger.
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun 2010 - 21:29

cianty wrote:
In fact, I know of few gaming groups that actually play/have played the entire objective system from start to finish. Those who do are always very enthusiastic about it but most people just grab the warband rules and ignore all the inter-woven rulings of the objectives, exploration, happenings and scenarios. I guess this is due to the fact that few gaming groups manage to play on a regular basis so they are more interested in something like an "occasional campaign". Considering the number of gaming groups that provided feedback/battle reports I am happy to see various objectives take the win though.

We try to follow all the rules as close as possible which means a lot of looking up of rules in the beginning, even more so coz we have only played basic Mordheim so far (never used mounted rules or wagons for example). But I think it's worth it, everything looks well thought out and put together with care.

In our campaign we have 4 warbands, 2 with the scion objective, 1 silent threat and 1 fortune. And maybe/hopefully we'll have someone else join us next time with battle monks!

cianty wrote:
I take it that you are worried that the Scion objective is too difficult to achieve?

We just started our campaign (played 3 battles each, no artifacts discoverd yet), so it's too early to tell. But just from reading the objectives it looks to me as if the Scion objective is the hardest to complete. That doesn't mean it's TOO difficult because it's also the coolest one by far so it's fine that it's a bit harder than the others.

BTW There is a little table on the top left side of our blog with the current scores (see link in my sig).
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jun 2010 - 12:32

Ah, so that is your blog! Nice! I have recently noted the BTB report on that blog, but I didn't connect it to you. Embarassed

The Objectives are meant to help "tell a story" during a campaign. Therefore it is not absolutely neccessary to have them all balanced - as long as it doesn't result in frustration for any participant, of course. I have heard compaints from people who glanced at the objectives and claimed the effects of the Scion achievements are too strong, because the increased max warband size would be so powerful. On the other hand people are worried that it is too hard to achieve the objective. Just remember that the Scion is THE major story-line of the supplement and it might be the hardest to fullfil but is also probably the most rewarding: If you do manage to get your leader to become a Daemon Prince and stomp your enemies with him, then you it all pays off. We tried to work some "cool moments" into the campaign but they are meant to be memorable and not easily achievable.

If your Scion players are worried about finding the artefacts or just curious, have a look at the article "Pathways to Prophecy" which can be found in the Articles section of the BTB website. It provides hints and tips on finding the fabled artefacts so it may be of help to any Scion and Protectorate player.
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 18:11

cianty wrote:
Ah, so that is your blog! Nice! I have recently noted the BTB report on that blog, but I didn't connect it to you. Embarassed

Actually it is Splendor (who also posts on this forum) who made the blog and does most postings BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_smile

cianty wrote:

The Objectives are meant to help "tell a story" during a campaign. Therefore it is not absolutely neccessary to have them all balanced - as long as it doesn't result in frustration for any participant, of course. I have heard compaints from people who glanced at the objectives and claimed the effects of the Scion achievements are too strong, because the increased max warband size would be so powerful. On the other hand people are worried that it is too hard to achieve the objective. Just remember that the Scion is THE major story-line of the supplement and it might be the hardest to fullfil but is also probably the most rewarding: If you do manage to get your leader to become a Daemon Prince and stomp your enemies with him, then you it all pays off. We tried to work some "cool moments" into the campaign but they are meant to be memorable and not easily achievable.

Don't worry, I agree with you. The objective system is a cool idea and if they are not completely balanced... so what? Stil would be cool to have a Deamon Prince and have it immortalized on the btb website!

cianty wrote:
If your Scion players are worried about finding the artefacts or just curious, have a look at the article "Pathways to Prophecy" which can be found in the Articles section of the BTB website. It provides hints and tips on finding the fabled artefacts so it may be of help to any Scion and Protectorate player.

Cool, I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince   BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB - Centigor Hero becoming a deamon prince
Page 1 of 1