Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

When is a hero truely a Hero?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkhorse

Darkhorse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

When is a hero truely a Hero? Empty
PostSubject: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009 - 17:16

Heya all,

After an evocative post title like that, I hope I can live up to it. Razz

I have been lurking a fair bit these last few weeks, not having much to say. Well, now that I have finally got 2 Mordheim league games under my belt (for the record a 2 turn win vs Kislevites and an utter thrashing vs Skaven where I lost a mutant hero and got my other mutant crippled) I have had something come up that I hope I can get an answer to.

At what timing does a henchman become a hero? What I mean exactly is according to the Post Battle Sequence, in step 2 Exp is allocated and I presume Advance Rolls are made. Then in step 3, Exploration rolls are made. Can a henchman that has rolled TLGT and become a hero roll a dice for exploration after the same game or can only models who have started the game as heroes explore after that same game? I guess the same question applies to searching for rare items too.

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers
DH
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009 - 17:21

Experience is resolved before exploration. If a henchmen gets promoted through Lad's Got Talent then he may explore as a hero in the upcoming exploration phase (assuming he wasn't taken out of action in the preceeding game).
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009 - 17:32

catferret got it right, those are the official rules

our group does it the other way around though

it can be counter intuitive to have a hero first roll for injuries, then advances, and then NOT explore

vs. EXPLORATION -> INJURIES -> ADVANCES

that's the most intuitive order
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009 - 12:20

@Asp

I think that the current order is more intuitive. After all, it is the battle that injures a henchman / hero and it is also the battle that gives the henchman / hero experience so it seems natural to me that both of these should be done BEFORE exploration (as per official rules).

INJURIES -> EXPERIENCE/ADVANCES -> EXPLORATION

This is the most intuitive order to me. Everyone thinks differently though and I'm not wanting to pick a fight. I was just curious by your comments because my mind obviously works a different way to yours. When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_smile

Anyway, I haven't helped with answering the OP (sorry!) but thankfully catferret has done it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009 - 17:43

i dont really do fluff. i do pure design. from such a perspective, what i suggested is best because it minimizes the amount of bookkeeping vs. the official rules

the thing is, you can rationalize anything from a fluff perspective. using your own example, we can simply reverse the premises:

- some advances are academic skills that make you a better explorer

- the experiences from these advantages is gained from exploration, not the battle
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 12:02

Fair enough. My mind is still struggling with that but it doesn't matter. When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Darkhorse

Darkhorse

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 16:23

Thanks for the responses. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is a hero truely a Hero?   When is a hero truely a Hero? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When is a hero truely a Hero?
Page 1 of 1