Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Perhaps a silly question

Go down 
+7
JAFisher44
Eliazar
Trulsa
xarly22
cianty
hero
Mouse
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mouse
Warrior
Warrior
Mouse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Perhaps a silly question Empty
PostSubject: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2009 - 5:47

I was going over the rule book and I noticed that your henchman need to all be outfitted in the same manner. I started painting my warband (The Possessed) but there are models provided that have different weapon options, such as two hand weapons, spear, and a two-handed weapon. Can they not all be in the same warband?
Back to top Go down
http://war-hammers.webs.com
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2009 - 5:54

Each one just becomes it's own henchman group. It's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2009 - 9:04

Or you accept now that you won't be able to play strict WYSIWYG throught a campaign and ignore it.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2009 - 11:51

cianty wrote:
Or you accept now that you won't be able to play strict WYSIWYG throught a campaign and ignore it.

i think that this is the better idea, becuase there are a lot of warbands that need to change their warriors equipment during the campaigns, and you would change your minis as you need.
My warbands normaly have the minis with the start equipment in the campaign, and later i dont change the minis if i change their weapons.
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2009 - 12:04

We use adhesive (hope that is the right word for it, I just googled it) to attach the right weapons during the campaign. That way you can always change weapons as you like Smile
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2009 - 12:08

Trulsa wrote:
We use adhesive (hope that is the right word for it, I just googled it) to attach the right weapons during the campaign. That way you can always change weapons as you like Smile

this is a better idea, here in Spain we have the "blue tac", and is perfect for that, but i think that is dificult to change weapons with adhesive in the minis hands, also, is perfect for put weapons and equipment in the backs, belts, etc
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2009 - 13:28

You can also magnetize the different weapon options and various gear Smile
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 1:47

Indeed, I want to get my warbands magnetized.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Warrior
Warrior
Mouse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 17:37

I hate going through and magnetizing my mini's, it is an arduous process. No solve my ponder, I just E-bay'd some more Brethren.
Back to top Go down
http://war-hammers.webs.com
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 20:04

Mouse, not all of your henchmen need to be outfitted the same. Only henchmen in the same henchmen group need to be outfitted the same. If you have 5 henchmen models, all armed differently, and you want them to be WYSIWYG just put them in 5 different henchmen groups. They will all advance separately, and later you can switch around their gear to better fit their advances.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 7:07

To expand a bit on what JAFisher44 said:

You can put henchmen of the same type (i.e. brethren are a type of henchmen, darksouls are a different type of henchmen) in a "henchmen group." This is optional, but if you do decide to do it, then all of the henchmen that are in the same "henchmen group" have to be carrying the same equipment. You also only roll once on the Henchmen advancement table for them, and apply the result to all members of the group.

However, a warband can contain many "henchmen groups." Yours could contain a brethren group and a beastman group, for instance. Yours could also contain two separate brethren "henchmen groups," one group equipped with spears and one group equipped with hand weapons.

You also have the option of not putting your henchmen into groups, and tracking each one individually.

Hopefully that helps to clarify the difference between a "henchmen group" and the whole warband, as far as the wording in the rulebook goes.
Back to top Go down
Ghod
Hero
Hero
Ghod

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 1:52

See I've got a system...

Use a holepunch to get some small plasticard disks,
Incorporate them into the base,
Then use a numbering system to link the model in with the roster sheet

Roman numerals work best with mordheim...

Now I can use whatever models I want, but its easy to find out what rules and equipment they have.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 23:57

What-you-see-is-what-you-get: Personally, I go for the school of 'weapons don't matter too much.' If you can tell which ones are the marksmen, which ones are the heroes, and which are the henchmen/meat-shields, you're pretty much set in the group I play with.

The classic example of where 'WYSIWYG' is important is the ol' Halfling/Ogre proxy: you can't use a Halfling model to represent your Ogre Bodyguard. They look very different, and not everyone who'd charge a halfling would be as eager to charge an Ogre, hence the danger of misleading your opponent.

When in doubt, your opponent is allowed to ask 'are all those henchmen armed with spears?" and you should give an honest answer which are and which aren't.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 3:55

For me, I just make a lot of models.
As someone advances and I change equipment I just paint up a new model. I build him with as much of the same model type as possible,
and try to paint him in the same colors as before.
So...I end up with a lot of models for a warband, but that's OK,
because the next campaign I play with that warband I have lots of options to start with.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 7:28

When it comes to weapons, I'm actually kind of a stickler for WYSIWYG. My general call is, it should be what it looks like unless it's some weapon not covered by the rules. Then as long as it's a decent proxy that's good enough. But it seems to me that weapons are easy enough to model onto a guy, just sling it over his back and you're good to go. I don't want to give the impression that I'm overly tough, though - a bow can be any bow, a pistol can be any pistol, a handgun can be any type of rifle, etc.

If/when I change a model's weapons, I'll do a swap to represent the new weapons. Likewise for major changes to a figure, such as having an appendage amputated or gaining a mutation, I always do them on my own figures and prefer it if other people do as well. If your magister went to the shadow lord and now has a great claw, then my dwarf noble would probably know by looking at the guy. Extra arms too; I once was fighting a beastman warband, only to find out after charging the chieftan that he had 5 arms or some such nonsense. Those are the kinds of things that (I think) should be evident on the model.

As far as armor and miscellaneous equipment - armor is too tough/extensive in the remodelling department and small stuff can easily be assumed to be carried somewhere on the model's person, so I don't really bother with them unless at the outset of if they offer a really cool modelling opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps a silly question   Perhaps a silly question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perhaps a silly question
Page 1 of 1