Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Question: Third arm

Go down 
+3
BalrogTheBuff
mweaver
Silon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Silon
Youngblood
Youngblood
Silon

Trading Reputation : 0

Question: Third arm Empty
PostSubject: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 2:34

If i have a hero with the third arm mutation, can i equip him with two shields and have 5+ armour save?
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 5:15

On p. 58 of the pdf rule book it says:

EXTRA ARM: the mutant may use any single-handed weapon in the extra arm, giving him +1 attack when fighting in hand-to-hand combat. Alternatively, he may carry a shield or a buckler in the extra arm. If a Possessed chooses to do this, he gains an extra attack but still cannot carry a weapon.

So, it does not give you the option to carry two shields. You could always discuss this question with your group and see if they are OK with the idea as a house rule.

Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 7:26

I would totally allow it.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 8:53

Can you use a Sword+Spear+Shield with the extra Arm?

or a 2H Weapon and a Sword/Spear?
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 13:51

Spears were altered in a rules update to require two hands to use, but it did specify that you could use a spear/shield combination as an exception. So, as per the description above, the mutant could use a spear/shield combination in his main hands and sword in the third hand with the rules as written.

But spear/ 2HW would not work after the rules update, since both weapons require two hands. But 2HW + sword would work with the rules as written.

Basically, any legal combination for the two "normal" arms + a shield or buckler or single-handed weapon in the mutant arm is a legal combination.

The weird thing is that the official description is weird in regard to the extra shield. Personally, I agree with Balrog that house ruling two shields to work for a double shield bonus would be something I would agree to if I was playing in your campaign.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 16:06

I would allow the double shields. If I did the 5+ for sheilds then I would allow the 2nd sheild to only add +1 so bot would be a 4+.

I can see the concern that 2 warbands could take forever fighting, but crits really make armor a lot less effective.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 16:51

As for the 2 shields I would play it the way Rudeboy suggests otherwise the house rule becomes unbalanced.

If someone wanted the 2 shields I would applaud in secret because it means 1 less attack from that model. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Silon
Youngblood
Youngblood
Silon

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011 - 19:37

Ok, thx for answering.
Back to top Go down
frogprince
Youngblood
Youngblood
frogprince

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 13:05

forget shields, amour, ect. +2A FTW!!!

remember the quality of quantity. then again, i do play skaven.......
Back to top Go down
http://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question: Third arm   Question: Third arm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question: Third arm
Page 1 of 1