Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Vampire pirates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
noigrim
Knight
Knight
noigrim

Trading Reputation : 0

Vampire pirates Empty
PostSubject: Vampire pirates   Vampire pirates Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2021 - 2:24

Made some rules for them.

zombie pirates

Vampire pirates Evgeniya-egorova-cst-vampire-capitan
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Vampire pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire pirates   Vampire pirates Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2021 - 13:36

Nice work, & very nicely presented! The Vampire Coast was a really cool corner of the Warhammer world, so it's always good to see something being done with it. Some things to correct or clarify in your list:

-The 'Habituation' special rule doesn't make total sense here, since it talks about von Carsteins. Presumably the rule applies to the Necromancer, so it's worth including, but needs rewriting for this warband.
- Most entries lack a "Weapons/Armour" category. Does this mean Zombies can take weapons? This is worth clearing up, since usually Zombies can't take weapons; if you mean they can in this list, you should point it out.
- For the swivel gun, I'd include the option of firing grapeshot using the Mordheim blunderbuss rules, in case anyone doesn't have a flamer template. Not everyone does, & GW go hot & cold on making them, so it's maybe worth putting in as a note.
- "Weapons Locker" shouldn't have an apostrophe in it. Sorry, it's a small thing, but also fairly easy to correct, especially when the rest is so well presented!

I'm also concerned by the price of First Mate, & the lack of experience for Wightmates. The First Mate costs about the same as a human champion, has an equivalent stat-line, & gets all the vampire special rules, which makes them seem a cheap option to me. This might be off-set by the quality of the henchmen, but it's definitely something I'd keep an eye on.
As for the Wightmates, I worry that not letting them gain any experience will make them rather boring hero slots, & limit the fun of the warband in play. Basically, they become henchmen who lend an exploration slot, rather than characters that can develop. & in the Warhammer fluff (or lore, if you prefer), wights could redevelop the skills they'd had as living warriors (mighty human warriors could return as powerful wights, like Krell), so letting the Wightmates gain experience makes in-universe sense. That's included in the Tomb Guardian list too.

Overall though, this is a pretty damn good warband list!
Back to top Go down
noigrim
Knight
Knight
noigrim

Vampire pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire pirates   Vampire pirates Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2022 - 11:22

Revised version I've included most of the changes you proposed, no XP canges though, they're dead after all!

Zombie Pirates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire pirates   Vampire pirates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire pirates
Page 1 of 1