Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hello from Bretonnia

Go down 
+2
Codsticker
Jon Lackpenny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jon Lackpenny
Warrior
Warrior
Jon Lackpenny

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Hello from Bretonnia Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:54

Hello,
I've been doing Mordheim on and off since it came out. I've got Witch Hunters, Undead, Chaos, and Bretonnians. I also have enough random orc & gobbo models to run them in Mordheim. I am planning on painting up a new Bretonnian warband (details on that later) and some regular Empire mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 16:32

Welcome Jon Lackpenny!
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:34

Welcome Jon! I look forward to hearing more about your new Bretonnians.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 18:55

Hi, Jon Lackpenny! WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet At Times Cool & Inspirational Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be a LONG & MERRY affair. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Jon Lackpenny
Warrior
Warrior
Jon Lackpenny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 19:23

Thanks. I was reading his boring blogge back when he was (I think) just trying to paint enough orks, skaven, and houses to run a solitaire game.

Years ago I converted a Bretonnian warband using the rules in Town Cryer. I sawed the heads off metal men at arms command figures and grafted knightly heads onto them. Thus I had knights who were affordable but still looked like knights, being equipped, as they were, with light armor, sword & shield. Except for the leader who also had a helmet. I then scoured the line for unarmored archers for a henchmen group, and converted "squires" with sword and buckler. They were, in fact, a priest, a student, and a woman named Walpurgis, with sword and buckler: 28mm lead versions of the three figures from Europe's oldest fighting treatise, a sword & buckler manual from c. 1280 AD. I still have that warband but I am thinking of doing something different now.

A group of 10 or so "Bretonnian Refugees". They will be drawn exclusively from ye olde metal, modelled WYSIWIG, and presumably use the rules for Middenheimers. Extra strong heroes makes a reasonable Bretonnian proxy, and I like the idea of getting back to just the rules that came in the core box, and just the models that my FLGS could have provided circa 2000 AD.

My collection of scratch-built ruins, and GW Empire buildings is doing pretty good. Years ago I made a chaos warband, The Cult in Yellow, entirely from old archive models. Now there is no archive service so I have my work cut out for me...

Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2018 - 3:50

Jon Lackpenny wrote:

My collection of scratch-built ruins, and GW Empire buildings is doing pretty good.
I'd love to see some pictures. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jon Lackpenny
Warrior
Warrior
Jon Lackpenny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2018 - 4:07

I'll see what I can do about pics. I'm all thumbs at the computer. The ruins-roster stands at 4 burnt half-timber houses, 4 tiny rubble piles, Dreadstone Blight, 4 of those small plastic 40k corner ruins that everyone has, a chapel of Sigmar with an outlying shed, graves, and churchyard fence.

My Bretonnian village consisting of a Battlemasters tower and 2 pre-painted resin houses by Pegasus Hobbies, and several PH stone fences, more or less completes my collection of fantasy architecture. Although, I did sculpt a round cottage and make a sock-mold of it so I can churn out plaster of Paris cottages at will. So I have a few round cottages as well. None of that fits the Mordheim theme well however. The squat stone Battlemasters tower, and the stone fences, are all that I would normally draft into Mordhiem. Someday I will do a Mousillion MH campaign with them. Since Mousillion was destroyed by a plague and not a comet, the buildings there are just empty, not trashed...

I have a big piece of AoS ruin that I need to paint up as well, and a half-finished half-timber ruin sitting around. Not a terrible collection but in this game, you never have enough ruined renaissance-looking buildings!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jan 2018 - 18:51

Welcome to the forum!

Back to top Go down
Jon Lackpenny
Warrior
Warrior
Jon Lackpenny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jan 2018 - 19:29

Thanks! I've always meant to subscribe. The content on here is great.
Back to top Go down
Warden
Hero
Hero
Warden

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018 - 2:09

Greetings Sir Lackpenny, it appears I have followed in your footsteps! Looking forward to seeing more of your work as always.
Back to top Go down
Jon Lackpenny
Warrior
Warrior
Jon Lackpenny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018 - 16:37

Well well well. We meet again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bretonnia   Hello from Bretonnia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bretonnia
Page 1 of 1