Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Bretonnia curse and pistols?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Bretonnia curse and pistols? Empty
PostSubject: Bretonnia curse and pistols?   Bretonnia curse and pistols? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 21:45

I just read the question regarding pistols and Bretonnians in close combat.

I wonder, since we didnt really get a clear answer, is the curse in effect or not? Sort of a yes or no answer would be most welcome.

The discussion is up, again, since its not shooting per se, ie. in the shooting phase but the combat are in the close combat/hand to hand phase.

So, once again, curse or not? Smile
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnia curse and pistols?   Bretonnia curse and pistols? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 21:48

I would rule curse.

Why?

A pistol is a pistol which shoots. The range of shooting does not matter in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnia curse and pistols?   Bretonnia curse and pistols? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 22:51

Quote :
I just read the question regarding pistols and Bretonnians in close combat.

What question? Where?
Back to top Go down
Boyos
Hero
Hero
Boyos

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnia curse and pistols?   Bretonnia curse and pistols? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012 - 1:43

apparently the bretonnnia knights. have a curse. if they roll under there leadership at the start of the game all pistols used in the game directed to anyone only work on a 4+ roll. all non pistol missile weapons work on a 4+ against the brets. So basically they pray to the lady of the lake and she protects them against ranged attacks since its a ranged attack and not used in close combat like a knight would do with honor.

I would say yes the pistols don't work in close combat. just the same in a ranged attack its dirty fighting. If I remember right pistols don't work because there a wepon capable of mass destruction, and theirs no honor in that.
Back to top Go down
Mephysto
Veteran
Veteran
Mephysto

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnia curse and pistols?   Bretonnia curse and pistols? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012 - 15:08

Another vote for Yes - the Town Cryer states that any model who wishes to fire a blackpowder weapon has to roll a 4+ first. Since pistols are fired in close combat, too, there would be no doubt on my part that the user has to test, regardless of the turn phase.

'Other shooting weapons, such as bows and crossbows,' on the other hand, get the mention that they have to roll in order to shoot (and only if aimed at actual knights), but since these cannot be used in any other phase than the Shooting Phase, the case is clear there, too.

So we have even a (maybe deliberate, in any case consequent) differentiation between weapons that can be used in the Close Combat Phase (which have to roll a 4+ to 'fire' at all, regardless of the circumstances) and weapons that can only be used in the Shooting Phase (4+ to 'shoot' at certain targets) - I would take this as another indicator that the use in close combat is indeed intended to be included in the curse (even if my blackpowder-happy Marienburgers would not like that. At all. Wink).

/Edit: Before this is led ad absurdum, because we all concentrate too much on the different turn phases: Yes, a charging knight would also be shot at by a crossbow pistol, even if not in the Shooting Phase per se, so the shooter would have to test, in my opinion. Since the Town Cryer does not mention turn phases, but methods of using the weapon. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bretonnia curse and pistols?   Bretonnia curse and pistols? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bretonnia curse and pistols?
Page 1 of 1