Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bitxo
Knight
Knight
bitxo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario Empty
PostSubject: Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario   Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2016 - 16:36

The tactician skill allows the attacker to start a few inches further and reposition warriors after the defender has deployed, but how exactly, can you completely reposition your warband within your deployment area? The deployement is the only advantage defenders have in a scenario were, in my experience, attackers usually win unless they have really low numbers. It seems having that skill is winning the game before playing it if you are the attacker. Any feedback about it?
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario   Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2016 - 0:49

Haven't had *that* much trouble with it, to be honest. That being said we play with quite a bit of terrain so the defender often doesn't have that much trouble making it so there are a couple of choke-points the attacker has to go through.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario   Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2016 - 5:55

This is not really an answer to your question, but because of how the skill affects some scenarios, how poorly the skill is written in general and the actions of some players who are no longer with our group, we just banned the use of it.  Things have moved on swimmingly since.  

I highly recommend the option.

I noticed this today as well:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t3011-i-am-not-left-handed-either-the-tactician-skill

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8365-tactician-vs-hunch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario   Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactician skill and breakthrough scenario
Page 1 of 1