Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Backstabber skill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Backstabber skill Empty
PostSubject: Backstabber skill   Backstabber skill Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 10:46

Once again, I have a question! Razz

It concerns the Imperial Assasin skill called "Backstabber". I've searched around for the answer, but can't seem to find it, so here goes:

The skill says: "The Assassin may charge an opponent he cannot see (he knows you're there!) as long as the target model is within his charge reach. If he does this, he surprises his opponent and receives a +1 to hit him with all attacks and any rolls on the Serious Injuries chart are at +1."

Does this +1 to hit also apply to the Crossbow Pistol he has?
It says "all attacks", and Crossbow Pistol can be used in CC, so I presume it will, but I just wanted to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Backstabber skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstabber skill   Backstabber skill Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 11:42

Fluffwise, I agree. SHooting someone in the back is just as effective as stabbing them Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Backstabber skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstabber skill   Backstabber skill Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 12:01

Generally yes, it would apply to c.pistol. However with current rules wording (surely there's a mistake) I wouldn't take that skill - +1 to SERIOUS injury rolls means that a warrior who was put OoA by assassin has better chances of avoiding death in post battle sequence (ex. henchmen need 2+ roll to live instead of 3+). I think they meant just "injuries".
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Backstabber skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstabber skill   Backstabber skill Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 12:08

Opheliate wrote:
Fluffwise, I agree. SHooting someone in the back is just as effective as stabbing them Twisted Evil

Indeed Wink

Aya, catachanfrog, the wording is utterly wrong - they mean the Injury chart, else it would make no sense Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Backstabber skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstabber skill   Backstabber skill Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 12:27

Yes, of course, I assumed that was the wording, as I know that is what the rule says Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Backstabber skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstabber skill   Backstabber skill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backstabber skill
Page 1 of 1