Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Restless Dead Liche ideas

Go down 
+4
maxxev
DeafNala
Grimscull
Ork
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ork
Hero
Hero
Ork

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Restless Dead Liche ideas Empty
PostSubject: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014 - 18:15

After a long time of indecisiveness, I have finally settled on creating some life-challenged warriors. The Restless Dead looks to be so much fun and a lot more interesting than the Corebook Undeads.

But I've hit a snag on a model for the Liche, the leader of the warband. It seems everything GW has to offer, are the Tomb Kings, and I'd like something a bit less egyptian-themed. Do any of you skilled folks have any ideas? Some not too tricky conversions with GW stuff or some other sites that offer nice lookin' models?
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014 - 18:35

I'm a big fan of the Otherworld Miniatures. They have the advantge of being rather similar to the GW-stuff AND they have two Liche (also some of the coolest zombies).
http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/shop/product-category/undead/
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014 - 21:40

I would agree with Grimscull on the Otherworld miniatures. They are really splendid figures if a little pricey. I checked what Reaper considers a Liche:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Liche

...again some tempting choices.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ork
Hero
Hero
Ork

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014 - 23:12

Ooh. I do like those Reaper figures. Size-wise, do they match up nicely to GW figures?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014 - 23:46

Ork wrote:
Ooh. I do like those Reaper figures. Size-wise, do they match up nicely to GW figures?

They're pretty close erring toward the slightly taller side. The Otherworld are slightly smaller. Both ranges are acceptable with G.W. although both have extensive enough ranges that you might not have to mix them.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:44

If you look here at the post from september 21st 2013, you can see a Reaper wizard next to some GW humans. He is a little on the tall and skinny side, but nothing spectacular.
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5373p50-there-is-an-army-in-here-somewhere
Back to top Go down
Ork
Hero
Hero
Ork

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014 - 12:10

Taller and thinner is exactly what I'm looking for! I would like the Liche to tower above the other models a bit, especially if I can find one not wielding any weapons. Along with the excellent hunched over Necromancer GW makes, it will accurately portray their relationship nicely! Very Happy Thanks for the links, guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014 - 13:20

Speaking of hunched over Necromancers, check this Guy out:

Restless Dead Liche ideas 14317_G

This is Reapers 14317 Jos Gebblar...pretty cool & reminiscent of G.W's.. Here's a link:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/14317/latest/14317

clown
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014 - 20:33

Just note that reaper's scale is all over the place, it's extremly inconsistant.

I personally have a CMON litch for my Restless dead, but the models is long OOP, so not an option for you. I like the GW Wight king for a Litch though.

Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
Ork
Hero
Hero
Ork

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2014 - 11:56

The Wight King is close, but a bit too Warrior-like for my tastes. The Liche can't use weapons, so it's a bit too armed for what I want. Though I do intend to give him Full-Plate and a Shield eventually. Razz

And that Reaper Necromancer is very cool. Very Mordheim-y with the shovel and other gubbins'.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2014 - 12:28

Our own quidamcorvus has the Necromancer in this War Band toward the bottom of this page:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t7469p250-gallery-by-qc-part-2

...for a height comparison & an fine example of how well he paints up. I've had one kicking around for some time & now he's clamoring for paint.   clown
Back to top Go down
davinewrath
Champion
Champion
davinewrath

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014 - 1:05

I've been using an old GW 'skullface' banshee to represent a liche
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014 - 3:23

Sounds good to moi. That is a cool mini; AND Lichedom isn't a gender specific occupation. Have FUN painting et al the Old Girl!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2014 - 11:48

GW's classic Arkhan the Black will always be my favourite liche.

Restless Dead Liche ideas Img49df47ffb977c

He might look a bit pompous for the Mordheim liche who's practically on the run from his enemies but I still think he looks great in the middle of a warband. When I get a Restless Dead band up and running I'll be using Arkhan. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2014 - 15:25

That is a FANTASTICALLY EVIL creation. GREAT brushwork, base, & color choices cover the Big Three elements of FINE figures. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup

Now if he could be found & you are up to springing for an O.O.P. price, that would be ideal...might be an if or two too many there.   clown
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2014 - 15:52

I should have added that the pictured model isn't mine. I have it but won't be able to give it as pretty a paintjob. I'll do my best, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2014 - 16:19

MasterSpark wrote:
I should have added that the pictured model isn't mine. I have it but won't be able to give it as pretty a paintjob. I'll do my best, though. Smile

Well, we can admire your honesty. I'm sure your efforts will be SPLENDID & uniquely your own.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan 2015 - 22:55

For a Liche I think I'd want to base it off of either GW's new Arkhan (should be able to get it from a bitz store) or the plastic Cairn Wraith. Looking forward to see what you will do. Smile

Theo
Back to top Go down
christian
General
General
christian

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb 2015 - 13:34

I agree with Theorox on the wraith, but personally I would rather see the older wraith model used as boss:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Liche ideas   Restless Dead Liche ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Restless Dead Liche ideas
Page 1 of 1