Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Marienburger Warband

Go down 
+8
Azmodan
Grimscull
floedebolle
Wyrdstone Dave
Von Kurst
SerialMoM
DeafNala
lowenbraugh
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014 - 13:32

The Blunderbuss Wielder looks WONDERFUL...a FINE paint job & choice of colors do their thing. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Cameras only point out flaws after you post the photos...it's part of their charm.   Suspect
Back to top Go down
lowenbraugh
Captain
Captain
lowenbraugh

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014 - 2:25

So a warband with lots of money to spend is not only going to want the best of foods but also the ability to pick up top notch gear.  Up next I have the Cathayan Merchant with his body guard.  The body guard is assembled with the modheim/free company sprues and a head from the greatswords sprues.  I wanted a non-empire looking shield since he needed to have a foreign look about him.  Unfortunately everything I had on me was empire shields so I ended up getting some Werewoolf (a polish company) shields off of ebay.  Not the best of sculpts on the shields but I was just trying to get something without an iron cross or crowned skull on it.  The gemstone on the merchant was my first attempt at paint gemstones.  I gave it a few layers of 'ard coat after it was sealed to give it a nice glossy look.  I used a different color scheme on the merchants skin to give it a paler tint than the rest of the warband. I imagine him not spending much time in the direct sun. I painted the bodyguards helmet/hat to have color tie-in to the merchant. I kind of feel it looks a bit like something a bloodbowl fan would be wearing to support their team, but I think it will work

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Mercha10

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Mercha11

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Mercha12

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Mercha13
Back to top Go down
lowenbraugh
Captain
Captain
lowenbraugh

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2014 - 7:17

A now presenting the final member of the Marienburger Warband I give you the final swordsman.  Of all the Mannan's Blades models that I used in the warband for some reason this guy gave me the most trouble.  Perhaps it was the elaborate fancy pant color scheme or just the overall fanciness of the pants but having to go back over and over again to fix mistakes really slowed up his progress.  To make things worse my brushes have begun to decline rapidly from painting this warband and the two detail brushes I have are ready to be put to rest.  In the end he turned out well, although not as well as I had hoped.  I did accidentally break off the feather on the helmet so he has a bit less flair, but overall I am happy with the quartered color scheme.

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Swords26

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Swords27

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Swords28

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Swords29

And finally a group shot of all of the Mannan's blades swordsmen together:

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Step7a10

Lastly I am going to put some final group shots together but at this point we can say the warband is done!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2014 - 13:47

Too bad about the feather, but the new Swordsman retains the snappy dresser look of his comrades admirably.The FINE brushwork & SPLENDID color choices made the man/mini. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
lowenbraugh
Captain
Captain
lowenbraugh

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 2:33

Deaf, as always thanks for the great feedback!

This warband turned out much larger than I thought it would so getting a good group shot together was tough to manage.  Please enjoy these final shots of the complete Marienburger warband with hired swords in tow.

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Group111

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Group310

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Group410

Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Group510

I hope you have enjoyed the work I have put into this warband.  I wish I could say that I am kicking off the next one, but in 30 days I will be moving and I don't expect to be getting much paint time any time soon except maybe the occasional odds and ends.  I do hope to be getting some games in Mordheim played though so I can at least put my work to good use. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:57

Yes, it would be a shame if this nice warband wouldn't see some use very soon. 23 models, you can really be proud!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:59

There is something about Group Portraits that is more than the sum of the individual miniatures...sort of a group character. Well...the Flashy Fellow have character in abundance. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Jan 2015 - 12:59

Wow, the warband looks amazing, nice groupshot, love the all over marienburg colour scheme!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jan 2015 - 4:33

Great warband thumbsup thumbsup
I like classic Marienburg color schemes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marienburger Warband   Marienburger Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marienburger Warband
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3