Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Yarrr! Pirates!

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Eliazar
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 15:24

AGREED! Not only are they cool minis AND very reasonably priced, they remind me of Colin Dixon's OH-So-Cool Samauris.

I've GOT TO go browsing through you Pirate minis thingy!

ADDENDUM: Eliazar did you see xarly22's new Avatar? What a GREAT little Pirate familiar THAT would be!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 17:57

Ethlorien wrote:
Me, I've always loved Rackham - find they fit in quite well with GW.

Agreed! I have a couple of the ones you've picture AND would kill for the Ogres [JUST name your victim Suspect ]! The Darkness Hunters would make GREAT Witch Hunters.

Not ONLY has Rackham made some INCREDIBLE minis, but they ALSO have catalogs filled with minis painted to JAW DROPPING PERFECTION that ARE worth the price [the catalogs that is] for PURE inspiration!

Last edited by DeafNala on Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 18:00

DeafNala wrote:
ADDENDUM: Eliazar did you see xarly22's new Avatar? What a GREAT little Pirate familiar THAT would be!

Yeah, it's really cool. I also like the powder monkey from the new Empire Gunners, but it's pretty hard to get and I don't feel like buying the whole box to get it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 18:09

Eliazar wrote:
DeafNala wrote:

Yeah, it's really cool. I also like the powder monkey from the new Empire Gunners, but it's pretty hard to get and I don't feel like buying the whole box to get it.

I'll put one in with the Squirrel. DAMN, AM I GOOD or WHAT! Suspect
Back to top Go down
KingSkin
Champion
Champion
KingSkin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 18:16

The first time I saw the Rackham minis I thought someone had dosed my my coffee with something funny. They absolutely blew me away. I went out and bought the Confrontation and Dogs of War books, pretty interesting system but a little poorly translated in places (i.e. it takes a fews goes at reading some passages for the message to stick).
Unfortunately you need to buy the figures to get the cards to work out what abilities each character has got. I managed to talk my regular group into playing only to find that none of us (myself included) were willing to fork out for a bunch of minis without knowing whether or not they'd fit into our army. I think they've started doing army books now but unfortunately that ship has sailed for my group. We're on Blood Bowl again now and no one is really in the mood to splash out on new armies at the moment. Ho hum.

The Gobbo bucanners and ninja are great (I've got a soft spot for Greenskins in general and Gobbos in particular as my BB team are converted Night Goblins).

I think my favourite Rackham miniature of all time is Le Corbeau
I've been meaning to buy him for a while just to paint.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 18:34

As everyone is ignoring my asking for pirate advice anyway, I'll post a great Rackham mini i recently bought as a werewolf:
http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?type=491&ref=UKWFCH04&code_lg=lg_fr&pag=1&num=11

DeafNala wrote:
I'll put one in with the Squirrel. DAMN, AM I GOOD or WHAT!

You really are! I wish I had a bitzbox like that...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 19:31

SORRY ABOUT THAT! Embarassed I JUST love talking about minis.

BACK ON SUBJECT: GW has a few new Pirate minis in the Collectors Range [can be seen on pg. 7 of WD 343]. They include a Sartosan Vampire, a Pirate [Zombie] of Sartosa, & a Pirate Captain of Sartosa. They go for $12, $10, & $12 respectively. The Pirate Captain might be of interest if you are planning a Human Mercenary type Pirate Warband. I think they are a bit PRICEY, but then I tend to be a bit CHEAP Suspect .
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 19:45

Yeah, I've seen the captain, but as you said, they are quite expensive and I am not that fascinated by the captain. Plus, I now got one from Black Scorpion on its way Wink
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 10:22

see how easily pirates make people go all giggly, and I see your going to use the squirrel Razz don't worry your pirates will love you for it

Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 10:28

Duce wrote:
see how easily pirates make people go all giggly, and I see your going to use the squirrel Razz don't worry your pirates will love you for it

Hehe, I'm sure they will, and my foes will flee in terror as soon as they see the mighty squirrel of certain death Wink

On a more general note, there seem to be no other ideas than using Empire militia with peg legs? Oh well, I'll see if I come up with something else...
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 10:32

ohh, add some smal cart style wheels and make one guy having lost his legs gained a small 2 wheel holder style thing,

or make one pirate with no legs strapped ot the back of some poor goblin slave.

Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 10:43

Those are some great ideas! And as I have made my first greenstuff project ever yesterday (cobblestones on a base), I'm confident that nothing's impossible!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 12:16

just another thought!

firstly Nala do you have link for the squirrels from reaper i could see?

and on topic, Elia, make a small pirate boat either holding a monkey or with small wheels with a legless pirate, kind of like a modern day wheelchair but its a pirate boat.

other great ideas could be a hook arm with a length of rope, could rule it in as a blasthook, 5inch range, s3 attack and can be used as hook and rope for climbing purposes.

another idea is a mini cannon arm, could be like dueling pistols in hand to hand

for clothing the poorer ones could wear sacks instead of clothing.

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 14:56

@Duce: I dont have a direct link to the Squirrel, but if you go to www.reapermini.com AND key-in squirrel on their search engine [works darn good Suspect ] you'll probably get the familiar pack it's in AND maybe somemore little nut-eaters I'm unaware of.thumbsup

I just tried it & it worked. Click the On-Line Store & enter squirrel in the search box AND viola!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 15:45

OH MY GOD I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!

i saw the squirrel incase you cant guess.

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 15:55

Sorry for the off topic, Eliazar, BUT... I'll check to see if I have another one; I don't think I do, but I've been wrong before...A LOT! Suspect

The Weasel in the Familiar pack is REALLY cool!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008 - 16:18

DeafNala wrote:
Sorry for the off topic, Eliazar, BUT... I'll check to see if I have another one; I don't think I do, but I've been wrong before...A LOT! Suspect

The Weasel in the Familiar pack is REALLY cool!

I meant i'll prob buy a pack is all Nala hehe not that you have to get me one Razz

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008 - 11:11

Duce wrote:
I meant i'll prob buy a pack is all Nala hehe not that you have to get me one Razz

Actually, that's the way I took your message. Although I can understand with minis as small as the Squirrel why they HAVE to pack several in a blister, I JUST find it REALLY annoying to HAVE to buy a pack containing several minis of which there is ONLY one that I want Suspect . I just figured if I had one , it would save you buying a few extra pieces that would eventually grace the bottom of your circular file.eeexcellent!

Now since Eliazar is off visiting the love of his life, we can go off subject to our heart's content. OH BABY! Suspect thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008 - 11:16

DeafNala wrote:

Now since Eliazar is off visiting the love of his life, we can go off subject to our heart's content. OH BABY! Suspect thumbsup

He found that Carnival of squirrels brothel again huh Very Happy

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008 - 12:04

Duce wrote:
DeafNala wrote:

He found that Carnival of squirrels brothel again huh Very Happy

WELL...I think he's visiting his girl friend or some such thing Embarassed .

But BACK to Squirrel Tales: I once had an AD&D campaign going where a particulary timid group of PCs encounter a group of intelligent Squirrels. I had one of the Squirrel don a robe-like rag & wizard style pointy hat. The Squirrel then start makining Mystical gestures. The PCs routed in all directions in a flurry of heels & elbows. A TRUE Chicken Poop Outfit!Suspect

Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 665330 This Smiley is a nod to the Pirate subject.

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun 28 Sep 2008 - 9:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008 - 12:48

DeafNala wrote:

Caught you! I am always watching what you are doing in my thread!

Ah, and talking about buying a whole pack of familiars, I think it also sucks if you just want to buy a 50 cent (or less) squirrel and pay like 3 euros postage, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008 - 14:35

agree. damn them, i want a pack of just squirrels... make them into a feature in mordheim.

PostSubject: Re: Yarrr! Pirates!   Yarrr! Pirates! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yarrr! Pirates!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2