Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Mike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013 - 21:38

Dwarf Alchemist, using the rules of the witch for my Treasure Hunters. Cobbled this together for the game today and will start rolling to hire him after my first match.

witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 101_2517

Last edited by Mike on Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013 - 22:25

Your Vertically Challenged Alchemist certainly looks the part...the Local Pharmacist from my old home town bears a striking resemblance to him. You did a FINE job with the conversion & brushwork...VERY WELL DONE!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2013 - 8:45

Very nicely done. I'd love to have seen a WIP for this.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2013 - 11:43

Nice work Mike.  thumbsup 
Is the bottle green stuff or a bit?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2013 - 20:16

The main body is from a cannon crew I believe. I got him used and had just stripped him of paint. Right arm was holding some pliers/cutters that I drilled out and cut down a skaven plague monk's staff, then pinned into it. Left arm was holding a hammer that I placed a bottle that I believe was from Bretonnian men-at-arms? The hat is the bell of a dwarf musical instrument filed down with greenstuff for the top. The first try it was much too large so I had to carved off much more of the bell.

I didn't think to take WIP pics but will in the future. I like to do small conversions for our warbands.

edit: The bottle neck may look a little long but I like how it turned out. The staff is joined inside his hand which I cut open the fingers after drilling out the old part. I was really happy how the two ends of the staff joined straight and the fingers closed around the staff well. I wanted to spend more time on the bottle and do a visible liquid effect I have seen but could not find any good tutorial on it.
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2013 - 1:17

Looks very good! Great paintjob too. Glad you didn't go with the current GW trend that says dwarfs don't use wooden stuff. Smile

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013 - 5:59

Thanks for the details. It's a very good conversion. I like the idea of an alchemist, so I might use that in warbands where a witch wouldn't fit well.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun 2013 - 22:28

This is the steam golem (counts as ogre hired sword) I did for my dwarves since my Mordheim ogre is perpetually employed by the Middenheimers. I also wanted it to theme more with my dwarves.

witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 101_2510
witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 101_2511
witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 101_2512

The golem was an old mage knight fig I had from an ebay junk lot. Axes/fists from black orcs, left arm is a dwarf fuel/gunpowder barrel, dwarf symbol on "head" area, and the base is from a troll.

Quick and fun conversion but still waiting too see him earn his upkeep costs. Last campaign I was definitely a shooty warband but want to push the dwarves as melee this time.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun 2013 - 22:59

The Steam Golem is both an EXCELLENT idea & an UBERCOOL model. WELL DONE! thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jun 2013 - 0:52

Fabulous conversion! Very unusual and yet fitting!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
qazbnm
Champion
Champion
qazbnm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jun 2013 - 19:24

Fun conversion! Seems more than an ogre for the dwarfs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28   witch - Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Alchemist? Witch Hired Sword Added Steam Golem 6/28
Page 1 of 1