Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+204
VoN ~ KRiMSoN
caratacos
Beastofburden
Coppermind
Benji
hexenjagar
Trulsa
Dreadgrass
Soulblight
Thumz
Kajiya
Tonka
Plutz
Karskin
Dorkman
sir-ronsalot
scottypotty
Reg06
Targetlock
Crimson Cobra
Frankdrabbytt
Contempt
_JC_
teh orc player
Rawfist Bloodyknuckle
Dahag
blindrage19
L.T.86
Lord 0
Stirlander
CygnusMaximus
Eisenblume
SiliconSicilian
Judo
Eliazar
Cian Shieldbiter
alveiz
BigEasy1022
GreyWolf
Exodite
Heart
hwd
Drongol
sartori
Keylan
Anthonius
crouching lictor
Zarkam
yugnat
pascal the rascal
Splendor
kidbone
toemasss
ChildOfKhorne
VilleVicious
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Figgy
Sybylla
Sven The Mighty
Mortimer
Back-Up Ninja
BurnTehWitch
Horatio
wyldhunt
Plague Docter
SoldierOfFortune
JAFisher44
Girr
Joker2and53
Fungomungus
hannibalisfun
rain9441
Svenn
kerill
perfesser
Jadex
lordofslack
black mantis
Wolfen
Stinkeye
Archnomad
Arathorn
way2blaster
Davespaceman
Dulu
mortosthegodly
Moonknight
embitteredsoul
Polar Star
cjp
Mexican_Ninja
Ancre
Tewfik
ImUrDentist
Goonstah
TarZaN
Rituality
Popmouth
outbreak
Tom O'Bedlam
Jaquemart
Trick3003
walkonearth
tuxedokman
Citizen Sade
extraman92
PorkSocks
Earthcrosser599
Horatius
The_Trans
darthblud
dwarflord17404
heylookitsmatt
squattingmouse
Crowbarr
robertrunner
Hamsterjoe
Dmig
Hans Grüber
Pentagathus
jerk_burger
usagi_tetsu
Goosetipher
Alcaeus
Blackjack13
Captain Yesterday
FrostyLobster
Von Kurst
Death Jester
magokiron
Fallen
Identity
PitFighterTrainer
Randomtask
werekin
Lord Xi
Ram Rock Ed First
Xarx
Chad
RandomRaefe
Drud
Inferny
Hawkeye
Deatheven13
Skavenblight
atzerath
Elmoth
Burlok Blackaxe
Oldcastle
CrazyOrc88
AjaxUSA
Ralron
GMillar
xarly22
VonStreusel
Fishman
catferret
bolerus
Unwanted
Chitriel
Ezekiel
scotty
Barden The Butcher
Random
Duce
witch hunter commander
Skavenslayer
rhuntar
ironbull
Exarch Thomo
thatirwinfella
DeafNala
Asgath
Lord Archaon
Jacky-Boy
Axel
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Pathfinder Dubstyles
lord siwoc
Jänis
Gen.Steiner
Boehm
arch heretic
organboy
zoglug
da green one
Da Bank
Konqueror
cianty
Pfreck
WarbossKurgan
barrskog
JohnYoung
Ashton
Tortiou
Brahm Tazoul
Loki77515
Yorik
Etienne de Beaugard
Hellfoot
Tagnator
Admin Tom
Erkwin
matt
208 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008 - 21:12

First off, thanks for taking the time to post some feedback, Skavenslayer!

Secondly, I am very happy to hear that you enjoy playing the warband! We got a lot of positive comments on the Marauders list and I'm happy to hear all sorts of feedback, be it positive of negative.

Skavenslayer wrote:
I only got one problem with it, the condemned`s skill options is to small. my own got 30 XP, with 4 skills and one stat opgrade (rolling a 1 on toughness) and im running out of options. The skills he got so far is: Resilient, mutation(tencacle), mighty blow and pit fighter. I dont know what to give him next. Hehe allmost forgot, he got Frenzy aswell ;D
From the special list is 5 skills, 2 is leader only, 1 is weapon based. And from strength we got cause fear(allready do) strongman (again weapon based) and the +1 ws on charge (only one left worth taking). Personaly I think he needs one mors skill list, combat or speed.

It seems to me that you rolled an ususally high number of skills for your Condemned (4 skills out of 5 advances!) so that's a somewhat bad situation to base a rules adjustment on. Remember that you can also give him Unstoppable Charge, and Chosen of Chaos might become useful once you roll some stat increases.
We've been using the list for years and it never came up that the Condemned ran out of options so I am reluctant to change that. I will, however, keep your words and worries in mind.

Skavenslayer wrote:

Speacking of that game it was crazy, everbody went ooa but my chieftain, he got mark of onogal

So everyone went out of action except for the Chieftain and the Chieftain still managed to win? You are truly blessed by the Dark Gods, my friend!

Skavenslayer wrote:
Edit: Cool new marauders picture Very Happy

All praise go to Admin Tom for both painting the miniature and producing the icon.

Finally, how is your warband coming along? Any progress made?
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 0:14

Quote :
It seems to me that you rolled an ususally high number of skills for your Condemned (4 skills out of 5 advances!) so that's a somewhat bad situation to base a rules adjustment on. Remember that you can also give him Unstoppable Charge, and Chosen of Chaos might become useful once you roll some stat increases.
We've been using the list for years and it never came up that the Condemned ran out of options so I am reluctant to change that. I will, however, keep your words and worries in mind.

Hehe, yeah I have rolled a lot of skills allready, me point was more that there is 11 more advantages to roll to 90 XP, this will happend to a lot of times i think. If you play long campanges, we dont mostly, but some do.
Unstoppable Charge, thats the +1 ws on charge, right?? not a big fan of it, next skill is gonna be Chosen of Chaos. Then Unstoppable Charge, but i feel a little forced. But hopeing of stats(and not more 1`s). Very Happy
It good to hear you at least think about it. Have you had a Condemed with close to 90 xp ?

Quote :
So everyone went out of action except for the Chieftain and the Chieftain still managed to win? You are truly blessed by the Dark Gods, my friend!

I diddent win, it was really boring at the end and my apponent got a little pissed at it. Very Happy I had the Heart of a Warrior skill (re-roll rout test), giving me the upper hand, he played Socery Socity warband, so his clost combat sucked, but i was not killing anybody, i ended up volentary routing.

Quote :

Well so far it look like this: 14 games & 6 wins. 234 rating, 13 guld and 2 shards.

Chieftain:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 5  3  4 5 3 6 2  8 2+

skills/injuries: Tattoed Body, Mark of Onogal, Heart of the Warrior. and one skill choise be for next game.
Equipment: Sword, Axe, Gromril Armor, Shield, Helmet, Lucky Charm, Pabbit Foot.
xp. 52, 8 kills (out action)

Shaman of Onogal:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 3  3  3 3 1 5 1  8 -

Skills/injuries: -1 M.
Equipment: Stell Whip, Rabbit Foot.
xp: 17

Condemned:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 d6 3 d6d6 1 4 d3 8 -

Skills/injuries: resilient, Tencacle, Mighty Blow, Pit Fighter, Freenzy.
Equipment: Lucky Charm, Rabbit Foot.
xp: 30, 7 kills.

Champion:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 4  3  4 3 1 4 1  7 3+

Skills/injuries: Resilient.
Equipment: Lucky Charm, Rabbit Foot, Ithilmar armor, Shield, Morning Star, Helmat.
xp: 12

Champion:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 4  2  4 3 2 5 2  7 -

Skills/injuries: Strongman, Blinded, Fear.
Equipment: Lucky Charm, Rabbit Foot, Great Axe.
xp: 23, 2 kills.

Marauder LGT:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 5  3  4 4 1 5 2  8 -

Skills/injuries: Great Claw, Resilient, -1 T
Equipment: Rabbit Foot, Hammer.
xp: 20, 3 kills.

1 Dog.
1 Marauder: Axe, Shield, 1 xp.
1 Marauder: 2xAxe, bow, +BS, +S, +A, 11 xp.
1 Marauder: Axe, Shield, Ligh Armor, +Ws, +S, +A, 12 xp.
1 Marauder: Spear, Bow, +BS, +A, 6 xp.

I am in a little re-building fase, lost a lot of henchmen and a few heros in the last few games. but im still having great fun, it still not a easy warband to win with, but i like a challenge.

How du you make the "Name" on the Quote ??

And last thanks for reading my wall of text Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 11:17

Skavenslayer wrote:
It good to hear you at least think about it. Have you had a Condemed with close to 90 xp ?

To be honest, no. We did have 90 XP leaders but not for the Condemned. Looking at the long time aspect of a campaign he probably should have another skill list, that's true.

Skavenslayer wrote:
I diddent win, it was really boring at the end and my apponent got a little pissed at it. Very Happy I had the Heart of a Warrior skill (re-roll rout test), giving me the upper hand, he played Socery Socity warband, so his clost combat sucked, but i was not killing anybody, i ended up volentary routing.

So how why did the leader get the Mark then? He should have been transformed into a Spawn of Chaos instead.

cianty wrote:

What I meant here is did you make any painting progress Smile Sorry, I forgot the relevant word here.

Skavenslayer wrote:
How du you make the "Name" on the Quote ??

[quote="name"]
Back to top Go down
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 12:10

cianity wrote:
To be honest, no. We did have 90 XP leaders but not for the Condemned. Looking at the long time aspect of a campaign he probably should have another skill list, that's true.

Yeah, im just glad you will think about it, personaly i woud give him speed, think it fits him pretty good and maby skills like strike to injure, side a step is gonna be to powerfull.

cianity wrote:
So how why did the leader get the Mark then? He should have been transformed into a Spawn of Chaos instead.

No he allready had the mark, giving him the +T, think he got it around the 10 games or so.
He got the mark the game after i gave him the Tattoed Body, rolling a 8 when needed a 10, so a "waste" of a still, but this is what happend Very Happy

cianity wrote:
What I meant here is did you make any painting progress Sorry, I forgot the relevant word here.

Arh.. so i just spend all night typing my warband, thats ok, i learnd to use the "code" thing. No havend had the time or room to paint, but just got a paintstation, so hoping to get some done this week. this way i can paint and spent time with the girl friend, 2 birds with one stone thing Very Happy

And thanks for the help with the quote think, im still learning this forum/poster stuff.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 12:48

Skavenslayer wrote:
Yeah, im just glad you will think about it, personaly i woud give him speed, think it fits him pretty good and maby skills like strike to injure, side a step is gonna be to powerfull.

My thoughts exactly.

Skavenslayer wrote:
Arh.. so i just spend all night typing my warband, thats ok, i learnd to use the "code" thing.

Erm, yeah... kind of. I might have a look at your warband later but I don't have that much time currently.

Skavenslayer wrote:
No havend had the time or room to paint, but just got a paintstation, so hoping to get some done this week. this way i can paint and spent time with the girl friend, 2 birds with one stone thing Very Happy

Cool. I look forward to seeing some colourful marauders.
Back to top Go down
scotty
Youngblood
Youngblood
scotty

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Reiklander warband for your critique   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 20:59

Hey guys

Got a copy of the rule book a couple days ago and here is the result of my frst attempt at warband making.

Heros

Captain Yorah
Equip - Dagger(free), Sword, Brace of Dueling pistols = 120gc

Champion Torest
Equip - Sword,Buckler Dagger (free) = 50gc

Champion Ranthero
Equip - dagger (free), Dueling Pistol, Mace = 63gc

Youngblood Tonas
Equip - Dagger (free), Spear =25gc

Youngblood Ardtur
Equip - Dagger (free), Spear = 25gc

Henchmen

Marksmen x 5
Equip - Longbow,Mace Dagger (free) = 215gc

Total = 498gc

Just to explain I thought the pistols would add some extra punch both at range and in CC. Plus I thought it would be easier to just but them at the stat rather than wait to see if I could get them at the market.

If anyone has any reiklander tactics/tips please post the here.

Haing not played a game before I cannot tell if this warband is solid enough for a starting warband, any of you old veterans advice would be great.

Any thoughts welcome

Cheers
Scotty
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 21:14

Hi scotty!

Nice list. I think you undestood right from the start how important shooting is, and have maximised that advantage by taking 5 marksmen. I won't argue with that.

There is only one thing that I would remark (it is entirely up to you to decide whether my idea is useful to you personally):

Your warband is good at inflicting pain. The way your list looks, you are able to deal some heavy damage from the distance, and boast some reasonable CC blunt force trauma (pistols).

The question this raises however: is your warband going to be able to keep up with the others in a campaign, i.e. in the long run? Campaigns are basically a race for XP. The ranged killers in your list are, however, henchmen.I have made the experience that it is always good to give your heroes long range weapons (Note: Pistols are not "long range" to me), because it gives them an extra chance to get "easy kills" and thus: XP.

The way you equiped your heroes, they will only get XP in close combat or at short range. This MIGHT be a limiting factor. You MIGHT want to open a second widow of opportunity of landing a killing hit (= getting XP) by also giving them bows.

Just some food for thought.

Other than that, I think you can be confident about your warband. They will definitely make some heads roll.

Let us know when it starts!

PS: I am shocked to see that I reason like a power-gamer. Please don't let rules get in the way of style and fun. I personally never over-optimise my warbands. On the contrary: I sometimes buy equipement according to how my mini is cast, just so that it matches the WYSIWYG rule.

Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 21:27

I agree with Tom, a nice list.

But for my taste, there are too few close-combat "meat-shields". While your archers will remain behind, your Heros (the guys who should be kept alive) will have to engage the enemy as soon as he is closing in.

I like to have some swordsmen for this job, because their lost does not hurt as much as a hero OOA, because for every Hero OOA you lose one dice on the exploration table.

But still, a nice list, and I'm very pleased to see that not all the heros carry hammer+dagger Very Happy

Last edited by Erkwin on Sun 27 Jul 2008 - 21:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 21:29

Listen to Erkwin, Scotty. He's an expert Reikland player, and far more experienced in the ways of humans than I am Very Happy

scotty
Youngblood
Youngblood
scotty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 21:43

Thanks for the quick replys guys, loving the forum already.

Tom I totally agree with you, the equipment I bought for my captain and champions is like that souly because the models I just got off of eBay have them glued on really strongly. Laughing

Erkwin you hve a point so I am thinking of swapping out two of the marksmen for two swordsmen, to soak up more cc oriented bands from targeting my heros. For swordsmen set up what do you suggest? Sword and shield or sword and buckler?

I have also been thinking about the background for this warband. Since at the time of Mordheim there was a few factions vying for the throne my warband is going to be made up of deserters from the Empie army. Kind of a Three Kings theme. It also means I can use the models for the Empire State troops box for my heros (while the henchmen would come from the militia box).

Cheers

Scotty
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 21:54

Sword&dagger is my favourit weapon combo for the swordsmen in the beginning.
It's cheap, effectiv, and also very cool, because it gives them a certain duellist feeling.
If you get the money later on the campaign just switch to two swords.
Here's a picture of my swordmen:
https://servimg.com/view/11539820/73

I don't like shields and bucklers in Mordheim, except if you play with the houserule that shield/buckler plus handweapon gives plus 1 additional armour save.
Back to top Go down
scotty
Youngblood
Youngblood
scotty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008 - 23:24

Very cool models, are they GW models?

I should have a revised list up in the next day or two, plus maybe some pics of the first characters in my warband a bit later on. If my bits come in the post any time soon.

Cheers
Scotty
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008 - 7:31

Nope, the bodies are from Zvezda, a Russian company (very cheap- I bought 20 models for 9.90 €), with GW heads and long swords.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008 - 11:29

and if the problem is this wysiwyg rule... then other models are still for sale -go for the ones wearing massive cloaks - they can hide doublehanded weapons underneath! Wink
Otherwise, I also use quite a bit of armour, but only in later stages, I just love the punch flaggelants pack from early on, so I start of with a bunch of them, safeguarding my withchhunters untill they've gained some more exp. weapons, and armour. - to this day, (7 battles into the campaign) I've only lost one flaggelant, and 2 dogs this way. and my witch hunters are seriously equipped and skilled now. - time for some actual killing.

- Also, in such small numbers... hit and run tactics become dangerous - 2 OoA's before the voluntary rout will cost you more dearly then a skaven player for example.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008 - 12:08

In my opinion a "Heroes only" warband is very risky business. But Matt has gloriously proven that such a warband CAN be very successful against all odds... if combined with a silly amount of luck in the post battle sequence Very Happy

(... and only in 4+ multiplayer games. Of course.)

matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008 - 12:57

Admin Tom wrote:
In my opinion a "Heroes only" warband is very risky business. But Matt has gloriously proven that such a warband CAN be very successful against all odds... if combined with a silly amount of luck in the post battle sequence Very Happy

(... and only in 4+ multiplayer games. Of course.)

But I had Krackatoar.. The mighty scorpion tailed dwarf that was to stupid to think Smile

Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008 - 14:32

the reason Witch Hunter Commander has such a list is because of the models, he didn't note that but he bought a couple of models with these things, and he disliked the Flagellants and zealots Smile
Back to top Go down
Chitriel
Youngblood
Youngblood
Chitriel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Middenheimer Warband list   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008 - 15:59

I’m new to playing Human Mercenaries (Middenheimers) and would like to hear if anyone has any input regarding my preliminary starting setup.

Captain 93
Helmet
Mace
Sword
Bow

Champion 68
Helmet
Mace
Sword
Bow

Champion 68
Helmet
Mace
Sword
Bow

Youngblood 35
Helmet
Sword

Youngblood 35
Helmet
Spear

2 Marksmen 100
Crossbow

2 Swordsmen100
Sword
Buckler

499gc
Back to top Go down
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008 - 18:31

I was thinking about the "problem" with the condemned skills, the thing is he might not need a skills list more, but 1 or 2 more skills in the special list will help, right now there is only 2 he can get.

Maby somthing like a condemned only skill letting him re-roll one stats roll pr. game. And only in-game not post battle.

This will give him a total of 2 stats re-rolls, second being rabbit foot.
I know my own condemned is a bad example and he will get i trouble with skill choises anyway if my bad rolls continue.
Creating rules on my bad luck is just wrong Very Happy but playing to 90 XP on this guy I still se a small problem, happing maby to much.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008 - 18:46

i'd start with replacing the crossbows with long bows (-1 S but no problem with moving/shooting)
and maybe drop a helm here and there so that you can buy one more model or something like that, i don't know what you like.

Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008 - 19:06

I'd second the call for less helmets, Middenheimers scorn them, and another body could prove very useful.

Otherwise nice start!
Back to top Go down
Chitriel
Youngblood
Youngblood
Chitriel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008 - 20:53

Thanks for the input.

The main reason for taking crossbows instead of long bows is because of the other warbands I’ll be fighting. We are going to be 6 warbands in our campaign. Myself of course, Witch Hunters, Dwarf Treasure Hunters, Possessed, Skaven and Orcs. With quite a few Toughness 4 blokes running around all over the place I thought I would go for some high Strength weapons (though moving and shooting is to be preferred).

As for the helmets I might have gone a bit overboard, I’ll see if I can’t tweak it to get an additional member.

Normally I would be opposed to ever using helmets (or black powder weapons for that matter) in a Middenheimer warband because of their theme and all. To avoid that I’m merely using the Middenheimer rules for my Solland/Wissenland warband (Wissenlanders being know as burly mountain folk with a love of hunting I thought that both Reiklander and Middenlander rules could fit. Myself personally preferring Close Combat to Ranged I chose Middenheimers).

Thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008 - 20:57

Ah, then it makes a lot of sense, and there's no problems themewise concerning the helmets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008 - 21:26

though i'd go for another marksmen, maybe with long bow (cheaper), so that you can move and fire (wyrdstone counters) but still have a ranged attack to keep them off

Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2008 - 16:31

Actually they look quite like Reikländers... A lot of long range fire-power, and some meat-shields.
I know it's hard to play Middenheimers effectiv, since they're by far the worst mercenary-warband, but if I'd play them I'd take:

- A lot of hammers. Cheap and effectiv, and even fluffy, and no one can blame you to play a maxed warband, as Middenheimers are quite weak. Btw, a wild Middenheimer Captain with two big warhammers is just very cool Wink

-Few shooters, and only (long)bows. These guys aren't that good at shouting, I'd just give them a bow and a club, so they can approach, give cover-fire for the rest of the warband, and then charge in as well.
Maybe a blunderbuss? Seems an interessting idea.

-The whole warband should try to head for melee.

Just some generall ideas, maybe they help you a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next