Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Shieldmaiden's of Lustria

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Empty
PostSubject: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012 - 0:51

The city had been in a clamor for weeks now over the news of the twin tailed comet; the second coming of Sigmar or some such nonsense. Last night was much like any other over the past week; a drunken orgy. Like any other night her and her sisters were passed along to spend the evening with some vile man and expected to play nice. Orithyia as sick of this dammed city and its vile people. Her spirit was far from broken but a few of her sisters she new had broken and been resolved to there fate but not Orithyia, she had killed the first man she was forced to lie with. They learned a hard lesion from that night binding her arms to the bed so she could not harm another of her owners “friends”. Now another night of feasting awaited her followed by being forced to lie with another man.

Orithyia bathed to get the stench of the old man from the night before off her body, it was humiliating to be forced into such acts. Looking over her shoulder she could see the guards standing behind her with there crossbows.

Finished bathing Orithyia dressed in the garbs provided for her and headed past the guards who gave her plenty of space to walk out the room. She could see the fear in there eyes and the sweet on there brows. She smiled as soon as she had passed them. Entering the hallway she headed to the dinning room to help her sisters clean up the mess from the night before and then prepare it for the next day. Walking the hall the ground shook as if the earth it’s self was revolting against the city its self. The wall’s started to crack and sunder and a beam ahead of her fell blocking the path. Orithyia felt a sharp pain in her left shoulder; spinning she saw two of the guards on the ground and the other two stumbling around. Taking the opportunity to escape Orithyia leapt onto the closest guard and pulled his knife out shoving it up threw his jaw. Wrenching the knife clear she turned to the next guard who was trying to reload his crossbow. Springing to her feet she launched her attack stabbing the guard in the gut and twisting the blade as she pulled it out. She turned to the last two guards, one was knocked senseless already by falling debris and the other was on his knees begging for mercy. Orithyia smiled as she drove the blade threw his eye. She then knelt next to the last guard and slit his throat. Orithyia sprinted down the hall that was in dire condition to the dinning hall to gather her sisters.

Upon entering the dinning hall Orithyia saw a battle underway. Many of her sisters were fighting against there captors. Orithyia leapt onto the back of one of the guards and drove her knife into his chest ridding his body to the ground. She knelt over picking up his sword and turned to put her back to Lyce's back to allow them to protect each other. As Orithyia turned she saw Alce standing over another guard pulling her spear from his back. In the chaos that followed the remaining guards were killed leaving the 3 Amazons standing there along with several other slaves who had fought for there freedom.

A man walked up to Orithyia offering her his hand. Orithyia didn't look at it but meet the man’s stair. "You may go and leave this place, you earned your freedom now be gone." Orithyia turned then to her sisters. "Come we must be on our way before more guards come." The three Amazons headed down another hall towards the main chambers of the house to find there owner and exact there revenge on him.

“Wait!”

Orithyia turned to see a young woman little more then a girl running to keep up with them.

“I want to go with you.”

Orithyia shook her head. “To come with us is to die.”

The girl looked back over her shoulder into the dinning room then turned back. “I will die if I stay with them or worse. I can help you; I know these halls down here and I know where the fat lord sleeps.”

Orithyia looked the girl up and down; in her hand she held a spearhead broken off on about a foot of the shaft left covered in blood to her wrist. The rest of her body was splattered with blood from her fight for freedom. Orithyia nodded, “Get up front and show us where he is and we will talk of you staying with us later.”

Katelyn had been with the Amazons now for over a month serving as a scout. She had learned many of the customs of the Amazons and been accepted as a sister to them and she saw them the same way. After the destruction in Mordheim Orithyia had lead the small band threw the streets where they linked up with a few more bands of Amazons and there numbers swelled. Katelyn was the only outsider but she had proven her worth during the destruction and the time following. Orithyia vouched for her when they meet up with a group lead by Ephesos; the priestess and now leader of the group. Now they were in the wilds west of Mordheim and heading to the coast to escape the Empire’s reach and hope to find passage on a ship that would take them to Lustria.

Entering Bretonnia proved to be a huge achievement to the group as it meant that they were almost home and also away from the vile men of the Empire. After traveling west for months avoiding other parties where they could and other times having to fight there way threw they were out of the Empire and close to home. Many in there party were injured and needed time to heal but they would not stop there march to the sea and home. After entering Bretonnia threw the Axe Bite Pass Katelyn went to a town to get some information on where to go to get a ship.

Entering Bordeleaux Katelyn headed for the port to buy passage to Lustria for her sisters. With her were Lyce and Clete; the three of them attracting much attention for there garb above anything else. Upon reaching the port Katelyn went about asking about ships but got much the same response everywhere she went… they just didn’t have the money to hire a ship and its crew to take them home. The women headed back to there camp outside the city. Katelyn looked over the camp; the last forest had taken its toll on the Amazons. Exhausted the band had been ambushed by a pack of savage beastmen. The Amazons beat them back but not before the damage was done. Dozens of warriors were wounded and now so close to being on a ship and on there way home Katelyn had to tell Ephesos the bad news.

Katelyn approached Ephesos. “No ship will take us all for the amount of gold we have.”

Ephesos looked at Katelyn, “How much more then do we need?”

“At least double maybe triple what we have.” Ephesos looked heartbroken as she looked around the camp. “I did find some good news though; to the north is a land called Mousillon. The land is in chaos and adventurers are going there looking for gold. We should be able to go there too and gather the gold we need to get home.”

Ephesos looked at Katelyn and then at Lyce and Clete standing behind her. Last she looked to the women who she was talking to before that. Turning back to Katelyn she spoke. “Thank you; give us some time to talk about this.” With that Katelyn was dismissed and Ephesos talked with her advisors.

The Amazons had walked north to Mousillon now for weeks. They were searching an abandoned town with Katelyn, Lyce, and Clete scouting incase of danger. Lyce was squatted behind a low wall when she saw movement on the road ahead. Watching Lyce saw it was a knight on horseback, as she watched more men came into view with him. Lyce turned her head giving a bird call. Turning back she got a better look at the knight who sported a tabard of black and yellow. Lyce lifted her club from her waist strap and prepared for battle.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012 - 20:23

This sounds like the beginning of an EPIC TALE...I always liked assertive females. Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012 - 2:02

+1

Nice background for the warband. Do we get current adventures?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012 - 17:01

As it is online we don't play fast (about a game a week, with the first game taking 2 weeks).
Our first game just wraped up so I just have to take the results and translate that into a story and that should be in the next day or so
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 0:11

Ephesos heard the bird call signaling the approach of trouble. She looked to her sisters around her and pointed to Harmothoe. “Get the wounded and our supplies out of here.” She then turned to another group. “Ready your selves for battle, we have to buy our sisters time to escape.” Ephesos pulled he sun gauntlet from her waist band and lead a small party around the large barn to the front of the barn. In front of her she could see a small band heading there way obviously oblivious to her band. Looking back she saw Harmothoe moving many of the wounded and sick out of the barn and into the countryside bringing with them there supplies. Ephesos whistled out her own bird call and pointed to a stand of trees up ahead.

Katelyn heard the whistle from Ephesos and saw her point to the stand of trees. Breaking cover she sprinted across the open ground keeping low; on her flank she could see Clete and Lyce doing the same. To her right she could see that the band had finally seen them moving and they were headed to a tower a few hundred yards down the field from her. Reaching the woods the three sisters readied there weapons and waited for the others to join with them.

The enemy gathered around the base of the tower as men climbed to the top. Well waiting for there remaining sisters to reach the trees a few arrows were loosened towards them with one arrow striking the tree just above Lyce’s head. Lyce ducked back behind the tree hefting her club in one hand and dagger in the other; poked her head out drawing more arrows. Ducking back to avoid being hit she heard the distinct “thud” as the arrows struck the tree. With that she leapt out charging forward with Clete and Katelyn not far behind.

Orithyia saw the scout’s race forward and fallowed not far behind with the others at her side. The archers on the tower lessened more arrows aimed at Ephesos who was shouting an incantation drawing on the magic of the land to grant the warriors strength. Orithyia felt he muscles bulge with new strength with the power of the gods flowing threw her.

Seeing the advance of the Amazons the knight called his Retinue forward and counter charged. Screams of men and women mingled with the beating of hoof and foot on the ground. The two groups collided and chaos followed. The conflict was short and bloody resulting in the Amazons breaking from the battle gathering up there wounded and leaving few wounded of the attackers.

End result was this:
After spending 4 or 5 turns just closing the gap the Amazons moved forward too far catching a charge (I miss judged distance thinking I was slightly out of a mass charge distance) resulting in my 3 Scouts being taken OOA from the charge and my Warrior managing to intercept one of the chargers but not able to wound the enemy.

Hoping for better results with my warriors charging forward after passing my rout check I managed to only take out two of the Knights warband (2 heroes though) but in the there counter attack and on there turn they took out my Warrior and 2 of my heroes leaving me with 3 heroes standing against nearly there full warband.

I routed and as a result I finally got lucky and lost no models and my two heroes managed to roll Leg or Arm injury resulting in missing the next game.
I purchased another warrior and some slings and a bow for my henchmen.

My enemy (Grumbaki) managed to get a full recovery on his Damsel (wizard) and his Sergeant got a chest wound. His Knight (Leader) managed to take out two of my guys so gained an advancement getting +1 Toughness.
He was using MWeaver’s Bretonnian Knights warband found Here
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 0:28

A FINE read...WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 4:59

Thanks for the report. I always think of the girls as more of a shooting warband, at least until the Totem Warriors get good... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012 - 23:14

Game 2

Katelyn slipped up closer to the large house in the clearing. Rumor was that the house belonged to some alchemist who was away. Not wanting to take any risk considering that Molpadia and Orithyia were back at camp healing from there last run in with the knights just a few days prior.
Clete whistled drawing the attention of Katelyn and Lyce; Clete pointed ahead and to the left at two large wolves approaching the house. It appeared that they were not the only ones seeing this as a chance for easy loot. All three women nodded together, this would be no easy loot for ether of these forces. The three scouts broke from the woods running for the door in front of them.

Pantariste came threw the broken down door seeing the three scouts searching the room for anything of value. The door to the left bust open exposing a Norse youth standing in the doorway. Pantariste drew her Sun Gauntlet and club and charged forward shouting a war cry. After a brief skirmish Pantariste clubbed the Norse bringing him to the ground in a heap. Pantariste could see to her left the three scouts engaged in there own skirmish and in front of her she could see another Norse tribesmen charging forward with two axes raised high. Raising her Sun Gauntlet Pantariste rushed forward firing.
Clete jumped forward as another door opened swinging her club at the Norse warrior in the doorway. He ducked as the club hit the door frame where his head had just been. Katelyn and Lyce charged into a heavily armored Norse as he entered in from the courtyard Both women brought there clubs down on him with him able to block some blows with his shield and deflecting another with his sword but a final blow made it threw dropping him to his knees. As he staggered to regain his footing they brought there clubs down on him again leaving him in a bloody heap of steel and flesh on the ground.

“Pantariste will make sure that the building is searched. We just have to keep there path clear.” Ephesos pointed to Alce, “Intercept the wolves if and when they attack.” Alce nodded as she watched the two wolves circle around from the direction they just came from. “Harmothoe come with Sanape and me as we try to bring down that beast and warrior with it. We can bring them down fast then turn to take care of the other flank.”
The women got into position as the Wolfen and a Norse Warrior charged at them, Harmothoe dived in front of the Norse Warrior as he charged forward taking an axe blade in her face. The Wolfen charged forward as well as Sanape rushed forward drawing her Claws of the Old Ones in each hand striking at the giant wolf before it could land a blow. In a flurry of blows she swung causing a it to step back as the two of them faced off against each other.
The two wolves charge at Alce as she braced herself with her spear to take the charge. Lunging forward with her spear her aim was off but it still was able to catch the lead wolf in the jaw knocking it to the ground stunned. The other wolf snapped at her as she brought her buckler down deflecting the blow. As the lead wolf regained its footing Alce lunged her spear forward at the wolf still standing catching its shoulder causing it to back down. The three faced off against each other not wanting to commit to any attack that would expose them to the other. From behind her Alce heard a war cry and glanced back in time to see an axe come towards her. Alce leapt forward at one of the wolves going on the attack allowing her to avoid the blow from the berserker charging at her. Alce’s spear landed a blow on a wolf knocking it senseless and avoided the blow from the Berserker and also from the remaining wolf.
Ephesos charged forward to strike at the Norse warrior that had just taken down Harmothoe firing her Sun Gauntlet missing him along with her club. The Norse warrior swung his bloody axe at Ephesos catching her in the shoulder knocking her to the ground unable to rise back up.
Sanape and the Wolfen leapt towards each other; Sanape swept one Claw forward cutting the Wolfen’s hand off well her other went forward taking the Wolfen under the jaw and protruding from the back of its head. The shear weight of the Wolfen carried forward driving Sanape to the ground under the dead beast.
Sanape pushed the lifeless body from off of her and raised seeing Ephesos on the ground next to Harmothoe’s body. Looking back at Alce and seeing her out numbered she rushed forward driving the Norse warrior away from Ephesos and swept her up and called out for Alce to retreat as she rushed to the woods. Alce seeing Sanape running for the woods leapt over the downed wolf and sprinted after Sanape.

Inside Pantariste fired her Sun Gauntlet into the chest of the Norse warrior charging at her dropping the Norse warrior to the ground. Seeing the Norse warrior on the ground in a pool of his own blood another Norse warrior rushed in. Pantariste heard Sanape shout to retreat outside and knew that if she was making the call that they were over run and if they didn’t retreat now there would be no escape. Pantariste rushed back to the room with the scouts to see the body on the ground and the three scouts about to charge the last warrior in there. “Grab anything of value and run!” The three scouts turned and ran out the door they had come in from as Pantariste fired her Sun Gauntlet at the warrior but missing her mark as she ran threw the doorway and outside as to see the others already heading to the woods.

End result was this:
This game was a “Rumors” game where we heard rumors of an Alchemist.
As game 1 saw two of my heroes not seeing this battle I only had 3 to bring in with me and as I could only afford 1 henchmen last game I was entering the battle with 8 warriors. I lost my leader and a warrior to a Norse “Tribesmen” on turn 3 and 4. I lost my first rout check in the battle causing a loss.
My opponent lost 4 warriors in the battle but never got to take a rout check as I inflicted the last two kills on his turn (as his guys were recovering).
I only lost my new warrior well my opponent lost his Wolfen and one of his Tribesmen. His Jarl also has to miss next game (probably to knock some dents out of his armor). My Priestess came out Hardened so not a bad result.
Advancements saw my Totem Warrior gain +1 wound and my Champion gain +1 Strength (so no need for her to carry the Sun Gauntlet anymore). 4 henchmen gained an advancement but gained no LGT. Gained for one scout +1 Attack well my Warrior gained +1 Initiative as did a scout well the last scout gained Leadership.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012 - 23:55

A FINE NARRATION...you're developing a flair for combat reports. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012 - 1:05

Nice report! Is the Rumour scenario part of the Mousilon campaign?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012 - 17:07

Thank you both for the kind words.

I don't know if it is offically part of Mousilon but I think it worked fine as you never know who is living out in the wilds.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013 - 0:05

Game 3

Amazons Vs. Clan Pestilence

The three scouts slipped threw the gate of the recently abandoned fort. Some minor noble had fled his lands in the wake of the chaos that has started in and around Mousillon. Lyce and Katelyn headed up the ramparts and as Clete went deeper in to the fort and towards what appeared to be the forge. Looking up she could see Katelyn tracking her with her bow at the ready and Lyce looking around for any trouble.
Lyce saw coming in threw the southern gate a small group of Skaven come in. Giving a bird catching Clete’s attention she pointed to the gate. Clete bolted for cover as Katelyn and her self ran along the wall to draw attention away from the others.
Katelyn loosened an arrow at one of the Skaven who spotted them missing but it did the trick, the Skaven along with a thief climbed the battlements to fight Katelyn and Lyce. The rest of the Skaven ran for cover in the center of the fort. Lyce twirled her sling sending a stone at the advancing Skaven well Katelyn let lose another arrow both missing there mark.
Ephesos along with the other warriors entered from the northern gate seeing Clete running for cover. Ephesos pointed in the direction of Clete and the women ran that way. As they ran the Skaven let lose there slings at the Amazons from the cover of the buildings. Alce took a stone to the head falling to the ground. The Amazons turned to start back towards the center of the keep returning fire with there Sun Gauntlets with Clete joining them with her sling. Advancing on the Skaven’s position they weaved avoiding missile fire. As the Amazons approached three of the Skaven leapt from the building to charge at them. One fell knocking himself senseless well another stumbled but got off another shot with his sling. The leader a dreaded Plague Priest wielding a Plague Censer charged forward in a frenzied state at Molpadia knocking her to the ground.
Lampedo seeing some Skaven moving up there flank moved out to intercept them and was over run by the two Skaven.
Ephesos called a charge on the Skaven that charged at them with Clete and Orithyia taking out the two rats that had fallen just moments before well Ephesos her self charged to the aid of Molpadia clubbing the Plague Priest to the ground.
Pantariste and Sanape charged to where Lampedo was taken down to protect there comrade. The Skaven who faced Sanape dove out of the way of her blows well the one that faced Pantariste was not nearly as lucky.

On the battlements Lyce was rushed by the rat and there human lackey with non of the three of them landing a blow. Katelyn rushed to her comrade’s aid knocking the Skaven to the ground who crawled away leaving the human thief alone to face off against the two Amazon warriors. In the chaos that followed only Katelyn remained standing. Katelyn raising her dagger for the killing blow heard bellow the call to retreat so she scooped up Lyce in her arms and ran from the battlements and out the front gate with the remaining Amazons.

Post battle:
This game was a special scenario that was to capture the fort for a base. The warband that won would gain a +1 CP and could upgrade the fort with buildings that cost 100 gold each. I was not keen on winning myself because as a “loser prize” there was a base of operations that I wanted more then the +1 CP but gives me a +1 Roll on rare rolls instead.
I came in with 10 warriors, 5 heroes and 5 henchwomen. I lost no heroes and lost 4 of my henchwomen; of those my 2 warriors were lost (1 new and one experienced).
My opponent lost 4 warriors as well but all his were Heroes. He passed his first rout check (blasted Skaven even with his leader gone).
I lost as I said two warriors well my opponent lost no warriors but he did suffer one hero robbed, another with a chest wound, a broken leg, and one that hates all Amazons.

Advancements saw my Priestess get a new skill (not taking a spell), one Totem Warrior gain +1 strength, and a Champion gain a new skill. No henchmen gained an advancement but all 3 scouts will be eligible for it after next battle.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013 - 0:17

YET ANOTHER COOL REPORT! I do enjoy the adventures of your Amazons...even in defeat they're my kind of Girls. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013 - 0:29

Thanks
Even if I can't seam to stand and fight (must be getting lessons from Brave Sir Robin) I am doing a good job of keeping my heroes in good order and messing every other warband up I face.
Just have to hope that pays off soon.
Back to top Go down
Zargon the Black
Captain
Captain
Zargon the Black

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013 - 1:09

Some really good reports here. How are you playing online? Is it browser based like FUUMBL or something?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013 - 17:24

We use some map/battle report downloadable program and we track movement on that map. We don't have all the 3D mapping but we still have buildings and climb on them so not so bad.
For dice we have a dice server.

Here is the link to the actual campaighn going on... it's not too late to join ether.
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&catid=11&id=131439#131439
Back to top Go down
Zargon the Black
Captain
Captain
Zargon the Black

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013 - 23:32

I had a look. How long do games take usually? Also me being on the other side of the world with timezones might make it a bit hard to get in games... looks like you guys are having a blast though.

Your Amazons seem to be coming along nicely. I have never played them but it must be a nightmare replacing the rare 12 equipment. Is that why you went with " the lure of gold" objective?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013 - 17:38

We are in our 4th game now and we are rolling into our 2nd week of game play.
Games should take a week roughly (Monday to Monday) to play but some times we have things that make starting Monday hard. Like game 3 was a set senario that the GM made and he had a little trouble getting the map out to us so in a few cases the game didn't finish till Tuesday of last week then post game so they could not start there game's till Wednesday. This has lead to a later start this week so in the game I am in should be done today it is not yet but should soon.
Time zones can be a problem but so far it hasn't been too bad. In my case I take my turns before work each day and that's mostly when my turns go so one turn a day works just fine. To speed up dice rolling in H2H I have in the past stated my counter attack targets for the other guys turn so they can roll those dice to speed it up. It has flowed well most the time, it just takes some getting used to.

My objective was mainly fluff as the other three were more knights based, with one of those could be non knights it didn't fit much with me.
The problem with those rare 12 items is the house rules were to make it so I can't buy them later so thats why I'm so heavy with them from the start.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2013 - 0:17

Game 4

Amazons Vs. Bretonnian Knights

Up ahead Katelyn could just make out threw the fog a man in heavy armor moving around the buildings just as the fog started to break apart but it was quickly repaired making it imposable to make out more details.
Clete ran up next to Katelyn. “Did you see them?”
“I saw a knight but nothing more.” Clete nodded her head then turned and waved her hand to Lyce who in turn ran back into the fog behind them.
Katelyn strung her bow as Clete prepared her sling as they both darted forward taking cover behind the building up ahead.

The ambush was set and revenge on the vile knights they fought just a few weeks before would be there’s.

Post Game:
I fought against the traditional Bretonnian Knights who were not the knights I fought before.
Non of my heroes were taken OOA (2nd game in a row) but my new Warrior along with 2 scouts were taken OOA with only one scout surviving (Katelyn was lost).
I can’t remember what happened to my opponent but I think he lost a henchmen and took some beating in the hero department.
In the end the knights ran away (So I won my first game of the campaign) and with exploration I was able to re-buy my lost Scout (added her to the group with Clete who has 2 attacks to not lose out on that advancement threw a bad roll later on) and get two new Warriors.

Advancements: I managed to gain a level for one Totem Warrior and also a Champion. The Totem Warrior gained a 3rd wound (her only advancements so far) and the Champion also gained a wound.

Game 5

Amazons Vs. Dwarven Treasure Hunters

The scenario was to be a special scenario where 3 buildings in the center of the board had 4d6 gc inside (12d6 total). To get the bag of gold you had to reach the center of the building then run off the board with it. Winner would be the warband to get the most bags of gold.
Should have been an easy match for me as I was to face Dwarfs and 3 of my henchwomen have the scout rule (double deployment) making it so I could start 1 warrior outside each of the three objective buildings then just move in, grab, then run. My opponent could not make the match so it turned into a “by” for me where I got full exploration (but non of the above loot) and my leader gained +1 exp and all other heroes gain +1 exp on a 5+ (Only a Totem Warrior passed this test).

Exploration: got triple 3’s so found a Fletcher and there I found 2 Crossbows that I sold.
With the gold I didn’t have to replace any henchwomen so I was able to purchase another 3 Warriors bringing me to 5 total (no exp on any though but there alive).
Advancements: Priestess gained +1 Strength so her Sun Gauntlet is only used now as a can opener and for ranged attacks though I’m thinking of selling it for 20gc to get me that much closer to another warrior next round.

Game 6 is about to start up with the Amazons facing there first rematch againgst the Norse!
Should make more of the battle report for that one. The above just fell so far behind that I just wanted to get something down to post.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2013 - 0:49

HOORAY! Victory for the Babes! This could be the turning point for the Amazons...hopefully. GOOD LUCK in the next game! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan 2013 - 3:12

A 3 wound Totem Warrior early on is pretty good. Congrats on the first win! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2013 - 21:55

Game 6

Amazons Vs. Norse Explorers

Lyce looked ahead as a dozen Norse rushed into buildings. They were here as well to find the slaver they had heard was here who was responsible for bringing them to the Old World. Why the Norse wanted him she didn’t know; all Lyce knew is she wanted to shove her dagger into his eye.
The other Amazons were busy searching other buildings for the Slaver as Lyce moved up to search another building. With in moments Lyce heard ahead the clash of steel on steel. Abandoning all caution Lyce ran forward to see what was happening. Before she could get more then a few feet down the road she heard a cheer go up from the Norse. Lyce stopped in her tracks as she saw paraded out into the open the Norse Jarl holding in his hand a sword that rippled with dark energy and in the other hand the severed head of the slaver. Lyce backed away as did the other Amazons; the battle was lost before it had started.
As they backed away the Norse hauled with them other spoils, most notably women who would feel the wrath of the Norse celebration threw the night.
One brave woman pulled the axe from one of the Marauders belt and slammed it into his scull bringing him to the ground in a bloody heap. She flung the axe at another of the Norse causing him to duck and buying another woman the chance to break free and run to the other woman who had drawn the knife of the fallen Norse warrior. The Norse grinned as they advanced on the women as they stood defiantly against the Norse warriors.
Orithyia gave a battle cry drawing her Claw of the Old Ones and rushed forward drawing the rest of the Amazons forward. The Norse heard the battle cry and knew it well. They saw the Amazons rushing forward to the rescue of there new slaves. Choosing not to fight the Norse grabbed what they could and ran.

Post Game:
The game was a special Scenario where we were hunting for a slaver and who ever found him had to fight him (Mercenary Caption stats) and once dead would gain a magic sword. The Norse found the Mercenary Caption in the first round and took him OOA on round two giving them the sword and victory with no conflict between us. The latter fight in the story is fluff to boost my numbers… and makes sense as in our last conflict the Norse took heavy losses against us (Lost there Werewolf and a few warriors).
For my self Orithyia and my scouts all gained an advance. Orithyia gained +1 Attack (this makes her a Totem Warrior with 2 attacks (4 with Claws of Old Ones) and strength 4 (her previous advancement). My Scouts, my scout (Lyce) gained +1BS and my other two (group) gained +1LD… meaning all scouts have gained +1LD and still no LGT. But I have 5 warriors who advance after next game so I better get one!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2013 - 22:09

Win or lose, it sounds like a GREAT game with an OUTSTANDING narration. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 21:18

Game 7
Amazons Vs. The Lost

Clete, Lyce, and Anaea all looked on as the large band of marauders surrounded the small group of women and children. At the head of the women was a woman in a flowing white gown holding her staff in front of her defiantly. The first of the bandits rushed forward only to be struck down by the woman in white’s staff. With that the rest of the men rushed forward to take advantage of the weaker women.
Lyce prepared her sling as Clete retreated back to gather the rest of the Amazons searching the buildings not far behind.
As the next man reached the White Lady Lyce let lose her missile striking him in the back of the head stunning him and allowing the White Lady to strike him down. Many of the bandits turned to see Lyce standing preparing another shot with Anaea preparing one of her own.
Many bandits broke from the women to rush at Lyce and Anaea well many more stood there ground against the White Lady and her charges.

One of the lead Scavengers went down to Clete’s sling as she returned with the rest of the Amazons not far behind. A few of the bandits picked up bows and returned fire missing wide doing nothing to even slow the Amazons advance. Moments later the two forces crashed together.
Orithyia rushed forward charging towards two warriors who both took the challenge to take the woman on alone, one of the brutes little more then a boy well the other a grizzled veteran with many scars. As Orithyia charged forward she slipped losing the initiative but still able to avoid all but one of the strikes from the larger brute whose strike struck the charm she wore around her neck doing nothing. In a blind rage Orithyia struck out cutting the veteran many times with her white hot glowing blade before removing his head and then following up with knocking the youth to the ground with her club. Leaping over the two still bodies she charged an older man who was still unengaged in the chaos all around standing next to the leader of the brutes. Charging forward she cut the man low as he packed backing away from the wild woman.
Seeing that he was losing men fast to the women and that the wild woman who had just cut down three of his companions and was intent on him the Barron bolted back the way he had come taking the remaining men of his rag tag band with him and the Amazons not far behind.

Ephesos stood over the last of the brutes with a hole threw his head and his pants around his ankles. The women and children who had not been killed huddled away from the strange and wild women. Ephesos turned to a pair of women to come forward.
It was obvious that the women were sisters as they approached in there blood spattered clothes that were different from the other women’s but rather of Bretonnian make and design. The first stepped over a fallen knight who had died just shortly before trying to defend the women from the brutes and looked at the women and children. “Ephesos here” with an indication of her hand “wishes to let you know we mean you no harm. I and my sister along with others have been in your situation but she and our sisters have rescued us. You are welcome to come with us to our camp or stay here; but if you come you may not leave again for we must remain hidden for the sake of those there.”
Many of the women stood to join with the Amazons well some still unsure looked around to see the Amazons spread to leave them a path to depart. Of them a few chose the path and left. Those that chose to stay were helped to leave by the Amazons and headed away from the village and towards the Amazon settlement.
Among the wounded was the woman in white who stood alone to defend the women and children. Her dress was torn and she had a gash on her head that had knocked her unconscious. Ephesos knelt next to her pushing the man’s body off of her that she had just killed moments before and lifted her in her arms to carry her back to camp.

Post Game:

The game was a Breakthrough with me as the defender but fluff wise we are chasing them off.
My opponent this week could not play as is CPU was down but another player stepped in with a one up warband that was made for this game.

My losses:
I lost one of my scouts and a warrior. Not bad over all… I have come to expect the loss of a henchwoman each game at least by now.

Exploration:
I got some gold but more important I got triple 5’s and that meant I found prisoners. Per the Amazon rules (but in this case not my fluff) I sacrificed them for +1d3 (1) exp for my heroes. Priestess took the exp.

What I purchased after words was the Dark Maiden (who was the White Lady before but she was broken and turned from more defensive magic to a more offensive version with the theory of the best defense is a good offence). I also purchased a Great Sword for one of my Champions to test out a theory to give her some easy kills after others do the knock down. As a note Amazons can not have 2 handed weapons but as I can not purchase my unique Amazon weapons past the warband creation and those are the only weapons Amazons have to take out armour and armour got a boost in this setting it was house ruled that I could buy 2 handed weapons and axes.

Advancement:
LGT on one warrior who gained a skill (Strike to Injure) along with all other heroes also gaining levels (Strike to Injure for a Totem Warrior, Sprint for my Champion with Great weapon, +1 WS (5) for my other Champion, and Toughness for my Priestess).
3 other warriors gained advancements giving me +1BS, +1 Strength, and +1 Leadership (giving me now 3 henchwomen with leadership 8 now).
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 22:00

A FINE narrative report as always. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmaiden's of Lustria   Shieldmaiden's of Lustria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shieldmaiden's of Lustria
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next