Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.

Go down 
+13
Ashton
Lord Xi
Mordheimer
Duce
Trulsa
Fallen
Xarx
Axel
DeafNala
Da Bank
Tagnator
matt
Ash
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ash
General
General
Ash

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 22:05

Wow it's been a long time since I've updated. I started school 8 months ago and have had very little time for the hobby. This town square was inspired by stuff I've seen here. It's my first time working with pink foam. I used a pend to scribe/press the brick pattern and did a simple drybrush paintjob. I plan to put it on a base for strength and protection but it will probably be flat with the edges. If I had the time I would love to make like 10 of these to cover the table with small alleyways and streets. The little cove's also make a great entryway to underground sewers on an adjacent tunnel...someday.

Some things I learned about working with pink foam: be careful with excess glue. Some parts had glue that spilled over and made it impossible to scribe details since the glue dries hard as plastic. Keep a sharp knife. A dull knife will tear instead of cut, there are a few spots where this happened since I am too lazy to do this. Thinner width is probably easier to work with. This is all I could get a hold of (3/4") so I had to use it but it was very hard to get a straight cut since I had to flip it to finish the cut from the other side.

Enjoy some pics. It has already been infected by my skaven, The Mystery Men. The "M" design is the little tiny logo off the back of the book. It measures roughly 9" square for the top and 3" high:

Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 TownSquareFront
Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 TownSquareRear
Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 TownSquareAbove

Last edited by Ash on Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 23:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 23:02

TERRIFIC LOOKING PIECE! I LOVE the stone pattern on top...do you think you could do an overhead shot for a better view? VERY WELL DONE! Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 23:27

oops those were supposed to be 3 different pics, not sure what happened...

Fixed!
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010 - 0:41

Very awesome. I love that brick work. Esp the grey bricks coming away from the red brings. Great idea.
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010 - 10:47

Very cool indeed! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010 - 1:58

I started making the next one already, it's got a mosaic of the twin tailed comet. I would love to have at least 4. It would make a great addition to the table to have the 4 lifted squares in the center of a table with alleyways in between.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus
Knight
Knight
Narcissus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 6:04

I love all of your scenery here and on your blog. I've seen some pics of your cobblestone board as a work in progress. Do you have any detailed shots of it now that it is complete?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.   Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ash's Scenery or Things I spend my free time on.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2