Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill

Go down 
+2
Alex
Von Kurst
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Empty
PostSubject: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 22:03

Kaptain BlackSquig wrote:

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Footprints-sand

Footsteps in the sand…forgotten steps behind, uncertain steps forward. The past is but prologue for a future yet to be written. Empires rise and fall amid chaos and war, the past all but forgotten as it is trampled in the stampede towards the future. Yet from the lessons of the past, men hope to build a strong future, lest they repeat the mistakes of their fathers. Yet wars are fought in the present, armies clash and die while their leaders watch in grim fascination. Philosophers say war is born of lust. Lust for treasures, lust for revenge, lust for conquest.

War comes once more to the tranquil waters of the Karibbean…

"Karibbean Sea! Whose waves are years,
Ocean of Time, whose waters of deep woe
Are brackish with the salt of human tears!
Thou shoreless flood, which in thy ebb and flow
Claspest the limits of mortality!"

"And sick of prey, yet howling on for more,
Vomitest thy wrecks on its inhospitable shore;
Treacherous in calm, and terrible in storm,
Who shall put forth on thee,
Karibbean Sea?"

Coast of Karakas, Winter, 1788
The winds howled above the storm-wracked cliffs, the full fury of a Karibbean hurricane blowing in from the east. At sea, a small ship foundered in the waves, doomed as she began to take on water, her captain and crew praying to Mannan for succor. Her mast bent and snapped in the raging water and she started to go down. The screams of the crew were lost amid the howling winds.

Mama Regina stood upon the Cliffside, her clothing discarded, her amorphous belly shaking in the gale force winds, but she paid little attention to this as she was focused on a large wooden chest before her. The timber of the chest was green with decay and its metal clasps and hinges coated in verdigris, as if it had been under water for some time. As Mama sat the chest down upon the rocks, a jingle faintly heard from within. Kneeling before the chest, Mama chanted over an opening in its cover, a slit big enough for a wheel of gold but nothing larger. One by one she drew forth the Pieces of Eight, resounding the name of each one as she let them slip into the chest, joining their brothers within the confines.

The chest began to glow with an inner light, a sickly bluish tint that seeped through holes in the rotted timbers and began to roll across the ground like a bank of fog. Mama threw back her head and howled in ecstasy when the final Piece of Eight was placed within, and she began the incants of a spell. Her voice carried across the waves, above the sound of the crashing waves, above the sound of the fury of the storm, penetrating into the inky depths of the Karibbean. Further her chants carried, moving through the depths with the ease of a shark, sliding among the coral reefs, scattered schools of brightly colored fish, and a shimmering living blanket that darted to and fro. Soon the chants reached their destination, a deep crevasse on the ocean floor, littered with the wrecks of dozens of ships. Ancient vessels, modern vessels, fishing vessels, all lay amid the ruin of one another, their masts tangled and rigging wrapped around one another like a comforting arm.

No life moved within the wrecks, the normal schools of fish and octopi that dwelt in these men made homes refused to make their home here. Perhaps it was the unnatural cold of the water. Perhaps it was the fear that permeated the area. Or perhaps it was the men of the Hannah Boden, lifeless and floating among the ruins of their underwater home. Their bodies had been preserved in the cold ocean water, tattered flesh and missing eyes testimony to some sort of predator, strands of hair floating like a net behind their fleshless skulls. Ruthless pirates, the men of the Hannah Boden had committed atrocities across the breath of the Karibbean but had finally been brought low by a storm; some say a storm summoned by the vengeful spirits of those they had slain.

The body of Bloody Bill, their murderous Captain, still clung to his rotted wheel, his tattered uniform barely recognizable but still holding his limbs together, his left arm still lashed to the wheel by a stout chain. He had gone down with his vessel, rather than face the wrath of angry gods or men, forever chained to this world by the darkness of his own deeds.

The chant moved through the wrecks, winding its way like a river around the bodies suspended in the water, flowing around and through them, calling them back to their bodies from the Gardens of Morr, the power of the Pieces of Eight breaking their bonds and forcing the spark of life once more into their bodies. All at once the eyelids on Bloody Bill snapped open, lifeless sockets turning towards the source of the chanting. And Bloody Bill opened his ruined throat and screamed…

Our Return of Toth Amon campaign has ended. The sunburned, battered combantants have sailed home or left their bones to rot on the sands of Khemri's unforgiving desert. Eyes turn to the West, to fresh challenges and the lure of new treasure.

The Cast of Characters
TJ--Protectorate of Sigmar (Sylvania). Objective: Burn the Witch.
Myth --Cathayan Pirates (Sartosa). Objective: Scourge of the Seas
Bob-- Reiklanders with a Monarch of the Seas Objective.
Chadwicc-- Sartosan Pirates (Sartosa).  Scourge of the Seas Objective
Playtable -- Amazons (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy
Von Kurst-- Lizardmen. Cult of the Celestial Canopy
Smalls--Sea Patrol (Sartosa), Monarch of the Seas.
grtbrt--Pirates, Lure of Fortune.
Zach--
Quote :
I'll be fielding Alyssea's Sirens, a Marienburg warband pursuing "The Lure of Fortune" campaign objective.

The prievious campaign is recorded here--

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5521-pirates-of-the-karibbean#78966

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 0:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 20:05

Week 1--Ye Hot Time in Ye Olde Towne
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA set a new record for heat yesterday, 104 degrees Fahrenheit! And the air conditioner broke down at the store we play at. So we were a hot sticky lot of gamers. Not a pretty sight. but the back room we play in WAS cooler than the main store AND the back alley. Boy howdy!

Port Sigmar

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill PortSigmar

Kaptain BlackSqig wrote:
The mist shrouded island of Port Sigmar conceals a wretched settlement, one that Nordland and the Empire both would just as soon forget about, were it not for the large tobacco industry to be found in the highlands above Port Sigmar. Merchants from all across the Olde World flcok to her marketplaces, goos from across the globe can always be found in Port Sigmar! The settlement is a mish-match of wood and stone structures sprawled across a long stretch of beach. Several ancient gun batteries provide cover for the harbor, the port itself being little more than a number of warehouses and sheds that house workers and tools. Ships are drawn onto the sandbar for repairs as the deep waters surrounding the island do not allow for pilings and proper piers. However, many improvements have been made since the War of Karibbean Dawn, including a second harbor blasted out using Storm Mages and powder, allowing for the Dockside area to be built. The authority in Port Sigmar is often corrupt and a pirate or wanted criminal can often bribe their way onto the island and have their ships repaired, for the right price! Fort Nuln, a sea fortress that sits upon a natural causeway, guards the approach to the eastern half of the island.

Sirrah, Ye Lie!
The haughty elf moved with ease through the vulgar human crowd. The wares on sale were largely inferior but there were some bargains if one was interested in that sort of thing.

Someone nearby spoke insultingly in the human tongue known as Reikspeil. The elf understood but did not let the speaker know that. One of those hairy priests of the man-god Sigmar or perhaps one of their servants, it was hard for the elf to judge, apparently did not recognize the uniform of the Sea Patrol. The fool raised its voice and attempted to lay hands on the elf's body. The elf merely shifted his body aside, but the human blundered about as though struck off balance. The elf applied a bit of a nudge to hasten the oaf. The human collapsed as though struck with a mallet. The elf brushed some invisible dust from his tunic and shrugged. It was nothing.

"The mutant has insulted holy Sigmar!" "The Pointy Ear has killed Brother Robert!" "Kill them!"

The elf was shoved and pummeled by the crowd, though most of them seemed to be simply trying to leave the area. Still another of the hairy ones appeared in the press of the mob. This one waved a dangerous looking hammer menacingly. The elf drew his sword and dagger.

'Shore party! Rally to me!"

Post Battle
TJ wrote:
I win! All my warband made it on the table. 2 acolyes and 1 templar were taken out
Sister Arya and Brother Robert made full recoveries. Sister Brienne had to miss 2 games. I managed to find 3 cargo. Sold all 3. Sister Arya gained +1 wound, no other advances.
Protectorate of Sigmar--2 CP.

The Sea Patrol's leader failed to show up for the fight. The Sea Patrol only found one cargo but elected to open it. Inside was one blunderbuss, which the Sea Patrol cached.
Sea Patrol--1 CP

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Skull%20of%20Klaus%20St%C3%B6rtebeker

Kaptain BlackSqig wrote:
The pirate haven of Torktuga is a wretched place, a festering scab in the middle of a tropic paradise where brethren of all races, nations and religions can meet in drunken fellowship. The ever-shifting population is at the best of times 700 or so lost souls, with new sailors arriving every month to replace the 5-6 that dies every day. Few of these deaths are from natural causes, unless you consider a knife in the back a “natural” cause! Torktuga is little more than a shantytown, a burned out husk of a small Estalian colony that never flourished. Sanitation is non-existent and if you can catch your food, you can eat! There is a grog shop owned by a retired Orc pirate who answers to the name of Mugruk. He isn’t a big believer in credit and he places a great deal of faith in his huge choppa to keep his customers from getting unruly. No permanent sleeping accommodations exist, many of the pirates simply stretching out on the beaches or in the rare, unused cave. No honest ships dock at Torktuga.

The Great Gun
"Did ye see it lad? A great lot of Reiklanders tried to take one of yon harbor guns last night. But them Cathayans, ye ken? Them Easters stopped them Navy lads like they was lubbers! A'course oncet were over, them Easters nicked the gun for themselves. Still they whipped them tars!"

Post Battle
Myth wrote:
Bob won deployment and going first, but by the time he set off the crowd both of our warbands were being shoved to the ground. He took out my Litter Bearer Zing and gave him Horrible Scars. I managed to overcome his warband and seize the Great Gun! I decided not to sell it. I know it would have given me an early boost with 100 GC but I think having a great big cannon on my ship is much cooler!
I lost Foo, a Martial Artist henchman.
Cathayan Pirates--2 CP
Reiklanders--1 CP
The Lizardmen strode out of the jungle into the human shantytown. Almost immediately the spawn-tribe was engulfed in the boisterous crowd of warm-bloods. The tribe was offered fluids, trinkets and baubles. The saurus growled deep in their chests and loosened their weapons. The warm-bloods shied back but still they offered this and that. The priest shook his head to clear it. Warm-bloods pointed. One tugged at the priest's ceremonial helmet. A saurus drew its sword. The warm-blood jumped away from the priest.

"Beware!" the priest heard the trilled warning as a warm-blood body pitched off a nearby warm-blood hut. The crowd muttered and pointed. The priest could not see the body. The crowd pressed around the tribe.

"Climb my brothers!" ordered the priest as he climbed easily up the adobe walls of the hut. As the priest swung over the low parapet to the roof, he beheld a warm-blood struggling with one of his scouts. The priest quickly threw a javelin into another warm-blood, then drew his sword and charged.

From below there was a loud noise like the crack of thunder. The warm-bloods began to scream and shout. Their visit to the warm-bloods was going well.

Post Battle.
The Guardians of the Silent Places had the pirates on the ropes, then a Swashbuckler joined their ranks! 2 skink braves are killed, as is the Great Crest, Chimalma. Xiuhpilli, the Priest. was robbed! The Guardians only find one cargo after the disaster. A new Great Crest is hired and 2 short bows purchased.
Guardians of the Silent Places--1 CP

The Sartosans lost one bosun. They hired the Swashbuckler who saved them.
Sartosan Pirates--2 CP
night, range of vision 12" (Why?  Because I have 7 members, with 3 - 24" and 1 - 12" shooting attacks.  HE has over twice as many (13 I think) warband
members with lots (4 or 5) of 30" ranged Long Bows!)

3rd turn Random event gives the Amazons the Swashbuckler to help them.
Amazons are not too happy about getting help from a MAN.

Amazons get the low land and after stumbling forward a few turns, most
try to climb the center obsicle without much luck. In shooting, I do get at least 3 or 4 hits with a 7 to hit roll in the 1st 2 or 3 turns.

Lykopis, Totem warrior, climbs up (no one else makes it except the
Priestess on the other side of the board). Lykopis gets shot, and stunned. On my turn she rolls over; crawls off the ledge (away from 6 Marienburgers 4"
away); falls 3" and gets taken OOA.

The warbands meet in the narrow pathway between the 2 elevated areas. The Swashbuckler moves to the path and takes a shot, hits and stuns someone.  Marienburgers then charges with 3 and the Swashbuckler goes OOA. I shoot some more and then my champion, Zerynthia, gets charged from around the corner, but she holds out.

The Priestess, Agamede, (up in a house all by herself) shoots with her sunstaff and takes a henchman OOA, later knocks another down (or vice-versa). She gets charged by 2 Swordsmen. The same turn (Marienburger's last before I rout) he charges a henchman into my henchwoman and then his leader into Zerinthia. Priestess Agamede gets stunned, Zerynthia gets stunned, the warrior goes OOA, I have 2 OOA and I leave quick as I can.

Post battle:
Lykopis fell on her leg and broke it, -1 movement.  The Warrior recovers.
I do not pay the hire fee for the Swashbuckler, who attacks a random warrior. The injury is to a hero and she rolls full recovery.
I find 4 Lucky charms.
Pale Moons--1 Campaign Point

Zach opens 1 crate and finds a swivel gun.  I don't know if anyone died.

Alyssea's Sirens (Marienburgers)--2 CP
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 0:02

Week 1—Continued
Down on the Docks

Cap’un Erich Schultz, late of the Westerlands, looked out over the teeming port. The place was a collage of color, ruin and new construction. Erich had a cargo of food, leather and a few extra weapons to dispose of. Torktuga was the place to do it, but lord, could they hurry it along? The lads he had unloading the cargo had just dropped their crates and wandered off toward a grog shop. He hadn’t paid them, but it was damned inconvenient all the same. Erich didn’t like the looks of this.

“Remi, Heinz!” he snapped at his gunners. “Light ye slow matches and man ye guns. Something stinks.”

Remi figured they was in Torktuga. Everything stank, but Schultz had got them this far. Remi did as he was told, mostly. He had hardly got his swivel gun ready when he saw a woman up on roof armed with a bow. From her vantage point she had a clear shot at him. Remi didn’t like this.

KaBoom! Remi fired a barrel of grape at the building. When the smoke cleared the woman was gone. Remi was a bit too busy reloading to notice though. Schultz was yelling. Folks was screaming and these bright beams of light was lancing out the crowd to the nor’east. Light, like, but it could kill ye!

Then these big walking crocodile things rounded a corner to the south. The lizards was pushing toward the docks. Remi fired. Damned things were still coming. Remi decided to load round-shot.

Post Battle
playtble wrote:
Pirate swivel guns beat me! [I made 2 shots in a row against Amazons needing 7s or 8s to hit. Wounded and got OoAs both times. VK]
1 Scout dies, never did get her name. A Warrior becomes L.G.T. and gains a wound. I make Lykopis, the hobbled totem warrior, go to the rest home and hire her twin sister with the same name. Better now than later.

I hire a new Scout warrior. I find 2 more Lucky charms (have all 6 now). The Amazons are broke again.
Rating is now 98 with 6 heroes and 1 henchwoman.

The Guardians of the Silent Places captured the smugglers’ ship after a short bloody fight. None of the Guardians went OoA. [Playtable was not as lucky with smuggler guns as I was.] J Through torture of the captured smugglers, the Guardians learn of even more cargo to confiscate in future battles. The captured cargo yields lots of garlic, food, Toughened Leathers and 3 swords and 3 shields.
The Saurus brave, Chac, is promoted to hero for defeating the smuggler captain.
Guardians of the Silent Places--4CP

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill 589x950_7994_Assassin_s_Creed_2_Concept_Art_2d_illustration_ship_picture_image_digital_art

Earlier that morning.
The fisherman called Garn gazed in alarm at the suddenly agitated waters off his bow. It looked as if the sea was boiling. Dead fish floated all around. Something was rising from the deeps! The seas churned as giant swells broke the steaming waters. Garn scrambled to make sail. He had no intention of witnessing more.

Pressgang! Part I
The Sea Patrol took up positions along the twisted streets with their backs to the harbor. The taverns of Dockside were full of waterfront scum. The Commodore was certain several of them were known pirates. The others could serve the fleets.

“Beat the drum and read the warrant,” ordered the Commodore. He did so like ritual. “Forward lads!”

There was the usual jeering from the foolhardy and scramble to escape from the more aware. Most of the men still on the streets just watched as though the advance of the Navy lads were a curiosity. Then the sky to the northeast began to glow and fire rained down from the sky! As the humans around them panicked, the elves held their line and collected men. The Commodore briefly consulted with his Mage, and then addressed the crew.

“Fear not,” he said loudly over the screams of the panicked humans. “Tis but brief local volcanic activity, nothing to be concerned with. Carry on!”

Post Battle
The Reiklanders collected 2D6 gold from precious stones, which fell from the sky. Voltz the Marksman was promoted for valor under (literal) fire. The bad news was the Reikland Captain becoming mad due to loosing a duel over a disputed recruit. The Captain now suffers from stupidity.
Reiklanders—1CP

The Sea Patrol collected several drunks and gained an extra campaign point for taking a rival OoA.
Sea Patrol—3 CP

It was a glorious night for the Inquisition. Pagan foreigners to smite, lay bouts and vagabonds to show the error of their ways and a wonderful omen of the god, a sky of fire! Granted it was worrying that several of the men fell to their knees blinded by the sight of Sigmar’s magnificence. This warranted a careful purge of the ranks perhaps, to ensure that the Faithful were indeed pure in heart.

Post Battle
Myth wrote:
My second game was against TJ's Protectorate of Sigmar. I seized five of them [drunks] while he got six. The game was going in my favor but I rolled boxcars on my first rout check. Lost Bill, a Martial Artist henchman.

Game 2 vs john
TJ wrote:
I won again, this time in a pressgang with an impressive 11 drunks. I caught 6 [drunks] and sold them to the hangman’s noose. The Cathayans caught 5. Also during turn 3 a volcano blinded 5 of my men while dropping burning rocks on the pagans. The Cathayans took out Brother Eddard, Ser Sandor the crusader and Pyp the archer. I found 3 cargos, sold 2 and opened a crate and found a blunderbuss. I rolled an exploration result that gave me +1 exploration dice next game.
Father Ezekiel +1T
Brother Eddar +1S
Brother Robbert +1A
Sister Arya +1I
Sister Brienne missed the game.
Archer Theon displayed some talent and is now the honorable hero, Theon Greyjoy, with Quickshot.
Pyp the archer got +1BS and hired a new friend named Tyrion.
Ser Sandor gained +1I.
Maiden Jostlyn the crusader gained +1WS .
Found and purhased all my lucky charms.
See them Sartosan Pirates blundered into Cap’un Alyssea's Sirens somewhere in Port Sigmar’s Old Town. Exactly what happened isn’t clear. Them Sartosans just cut loose and the Marienburgers met them steel-to-steel. The alarm was raised and the Watch waded into the scrum. Some say’s Cap’un Alyssea’s blood was up. Some says the Watch Sergeant insulted the lady. Up shot was Alyssea ends up in the Brig and a cabin girl is dead. ‘Tis a sad business all the way around, it is.

Post Battle
Zach wrote:
Her name was Elise (though that didn't fit the model I had L), and some schmuck killed her while a beggar stood 3 feet away, presumably laughing.
Captain Alyssea faces the hangman. Her crew may disband if they cannot mount a successful rescue.
Alyssea's Sirens—1 CP

No information has arrived from the pirates.
Sartosan Pirates—2 CP

“Repent my son!” said Father Ezekiel as he smashed another drunken sot to the ground.

“I believe you killed that one Father,” observed his servant.

“Killed?” asked the good priest as he looked down at the body. The fight had moved on momentarily, which allowed for introspection and devotion. “Yes, I believe you are right. Well, it saves the hangman a burden.”

TJ wrote:
Another pressgang with 12 drunks! Hurray for Bob’s high rolling! I won.
I caught 5 selling them to the hangman and killed 2. Bob caught 4 and killed 1.
During the game a swashbuckler joined the Inquisition against the Reiklanders.

Post Game
I found 4 cargos selling 3 and opening a crate finding and selling booze.

Father Ezekiel gained a mighty 7 exp gaining +1A and a skill I still need to choose
Brother Eddar and Robbert didn’t advance.
Sister Arya gained +1S
Sister Brienne missed her final game.
No henchmen advanced, although I did purchase 2 more archers to my group. Theon Greyjoy is more then happy to have his private retinue to lead along my flanks.

I didn’t continue to pay for the swashbuckler and he attempted to slay Sister Arya, who survived no worse for wear.
Ser Sandor was taken out of action again; surviving once more. Pyp was also struck down; surviving as well.

I gained 2 campaign points each game 1 for playing 1 for winning. I dont think i missed any points and now that i have 6 CP i may now call upon the cleansing flame to "Save" the heretics.

The Reiklanders may have suffered some casualties. The Mad Captain found himself in a Pit Fight. The Captain controlled his madness but was defeated in due course. He returned to his ship without any possessions. The Captain gains +1 Ld due to his trials.
Reiklanders--1 CP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 3:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 0:38

Campaign Points--End of Week One

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Camera_1

TJ--Protectorate of Sigmar (Sylvania). Objective: Burn the Witch--6 CP
Chadwicc-- Sartosan Pirates (Sartosa).  Scourge of the Seas Objective--4 CPs
Myth --Cathayan Pirates (Sartosa). Objective: Scourge of the Seas--3 CPs
Smalls--Sea Patrol (Sartosa), Monarch of the Seas--4 CPs
Bob-- Reiklanders with a Monarch of the Seas Objective--3 CPs
Von Kurst-- Lizardmen (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--5 CPs
Playtable -- Amazons (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--2 CPs
Zach--Alyssea's Sirens (Marienburgers). "The Lure of Fortune"--3 CPs
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 8:21

Sometimes it seems like you are holding up the whole BR and fluff section on your own Very Happy

As usual a great read and some very evocative pictures. Who you manage to get everything done is a mystery Wink

I see that your are using the protectorate, have you used the other Sylvania warbands as well? I'm just wondering if they are somewhat balanced and usable in your experience since they seem like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 8:41

Alex wrote:
Sometimes it seems like you are holding up the whole BR and fluff section on your own Very Happy
Agreed, doing regular Battle Reports is a pretty time-consuming task! Really like reading these though. Gives me all sorts of ideas for future campaigns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jul 2012 - 3:18

Spectre76 wrote:
Alex wrote:
Agreed, doing regular Battle Reports is a pretty time-consuming task! Really like reading these though. Gives me all sorts of ideas for future campaigns.

Thanks (I think). I do get caught up in telling a story about the campaign and I am constantly looking for ways to improve the presentation and content. At present I am pretty limited in what I can do by my old mac, which may not be a bad thing. Smile

I am encouraged by all the new threads describing campaigns like Spectre's, I love reading about how other groups play the game and there's always ideas to steal, I mean borrow...

Edit: In reply to Alex, we have only used the Necrach warband in the past. I don't know how many warbands are associated with LoD, although I have banned the Sorcerous Society and any such warbands from the campaigns we do because of bad experiences with experimental magic heavy warbands.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Exploration Week!   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2012 - 19:22

Week 2--Exploration of the Jungles and Rivers of the Karibbean

Photos by playtable.

The Bridge of Doom, Part I
The Pale Moons contested a crossing of the Snake River by the Reiklanders. The outnumbered women split their forces. Some braved the crocodile infested river, while the others held the bridge. The Rieklanders tried to throw all of their strength across the bridge.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeA1

The Amazon's gamble looks likely to fail...
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeA2

A lone Reiklander Champion survives a fall from the bridge above only to face a croc in the river!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeA3

The men push forward as the Amazons taunt them.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeA4

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeA5

A Pale Moon charges into the Outlanders!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeA7

Post Battle
One Amazon hero was attacked by a crocodile but survived. Teles the First was surprised by a Cold One in the jungle and killed. The Pale Moons spend everthing replacing another hero. The warriors on the boat almost made it off the table edge, but the first rout test was failed.
Pale Moons--1 CP

The Reiklanders also had a hero escape a crocodile's attack. They begin to recuit more warriors.
Reiklanders--2 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Deadly Channel
A Chance Encounter on the Amaxon

The rain poured from the sky in sheets. The Guardians stoicly paddled their boats against the current of the swollen river. Earlier in the day they had recovered some looted treasures from some of the hated Outlanders. The storm had struck as they tried to return to camp.

CARACK! A bright bolt struck the southern boat. The occupants were unharmed but stunned by the blast. The current caught the boat and pushed it into the channel. Before the crew could recover another bolt struck them. One of the skinks was flung from the boat into the torrent. The skink must have been chosen of Tzunki the Lord of the River. He surfaced breifly, then one of the river monsters gathered him into Tzunki's Embrace.

Far from the Guardians, Elven Outlanders desecrate the river with their presence.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill LizardsA1

The southern boat was struck once again! This time the crew watched helplessly as the current drove their craft into Chac's boat. The undamaged boat was holed below the water line. It sank immediately. Everyone survived the sinking of the boat, but two saurus warriors were trapped in the river! The hero Chac was able to pull himself ashore, but the River Monsters came for his spawn-brother.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill LizardsA2

The Elven invaders row peacefully past the wrecks of the Guardians' boats.

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill LizardsA3

Post Battle
The Guardians lost 2 skink braves and a Saurus killed by crocodiles. The Guardians are able to replace the Saurus.
Guardians--1 CP

The Sea Patrol suffered only minor damage to their boats. They make lots of money and hire more warriors. (Hate Elves I does.)
Sea Patrol--2 CP
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Signpost
A Pale Moon champion meets the elusive Coatl. It tries to kill and eat her.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Signpost1

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Signpost2

Agamede, the Serpent Priestess discovers the signpost. Unfortunately a River Troll is also fond of it. The Amazons are totally engaged by the Living Jungle.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Signpost3

The Guardians of the Silent Places contemplate the Pale Moons' fate.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Signpost5
Post Battle
The Pale Moons fled first. None of them died.
Pale Moons--1 CP

The Guardians foolishly thought they could defeat the troll with 2 Saurus heroes and a saurus brave. They were wrong. The troll eats a saurus brave. The Guardians recruit another new saurus brave.
The Guardians--1 CP

Troll say, "Urp!"
Troll wins.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Bridge of Doooom Part II

Our heroes, the embattled Reiklanders, held the bridge over the Snake against the Sea Patrol. The Reiklanders adopted the same tactics as before. The Elves met them on the bridge. Below the crocodiles waited patiently.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeB1

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeB2

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeB3

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeB4

Post Battle
The Sea Patrol was shot out of the fight. They routed as soon as possible. All casualties on both sides fully recovered.
Sea Patrol--1 CP
Reiklanders--2 CP
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jungle Skirmish

The Pale Moons move easily through the sky blue undergrowth toward the Outlander Pirates. (Our only 'water' tabletop always gets used for the non-water scenarios.)
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Skirmish1

chadwicc wrote:
We rolled two Hazards which both effected me. Giant frog I took down no problem, but the troll just wouldn't die. With three guys down, Jim's fully standing warband, and the troll with 2 wounds left, I decided I had to cut my losses and rout.

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Skirmish2

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Skirmish3

Post Battle
chadwicc wrote:
Thanks to the help of the beggar I was able to roll 5555 for exploration and scored 40 gc, turned in cargo for another 60, and opened a crate to find Hardtak, blegh! Three crew were found but I was only able to add 2 to a henchman group that have 2 attacks. Smif, cabin boy, became immune to fear and Cpt Brewbold causes fear for the next game.

Sartosan Pirates--1 CP

Pale Moons--2 CP
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dems My Gubbinz
"Archers loose!" shouted the mad Reiklander Captain.

None of the missiles seemed to strike the bounding horror. The Captain watched in disbelief as the monster frog disappeared into the glooming night with the screaming body of Marksman Voltz clamped in its jaws.

All was pandemonium. One of the men had wandered into a tar pit in the foggy darkness. The fool had barely been rescued at great risk of others when another of the giant amphibians leapt out the night to sieze a warior! Perhaps the monster was the first beast's mate. It was difficult to tell anything in the darkness. Sigmar be praised, the second victim was made of sterner stuff than poor Voltz. The second frog was easily dispatched.

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Huts1

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Huts2

Zach wrote:
Well, my game with Bob started with me wisely moving forward into the jungle with caution, securing some treasure and hearing the screams of our foes in the foggy distance.  However, my brave close combat heroes decided that they would do well in close combat with the lighly armed Reiklanders, and sought glorious battle in the middle of the table.  The first attack to fail was my blunderbuss carrier, who failed to knockdown or wound any of the three people he hit.  Then, Melindhra charged a swordsmen with a total of three attacks, and failed to hit him, and was taken out of action by him in return (though he later stumbled in the dark, and Molly managed to go put him out for an exp.).    Captain Alyssea failed to defeat her target group of henchmen armed with nothing but daggers, and was also embarasingly put out of action.

Post Battle
Luckily for me, all of my heroes and henchmen made full recoveries, which is more than can be said for the poor Reiklanders, may the gods rest their souls.

Rushuuna joined the ranks of my heroes afterwords.
The Marienburgers held the Sacred Gubbin at the end of the game!
Marienburg--2 CP

Reikland--1 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Hunters become the Hunted

The Sea Patrol tracked the rogue skink and his cold ones across the valley floor. Soon the hides of the cold ones would adorn the sides of the Commodore's galley. Suddenly there was a roar followed by a scream from the jungle behind them. The prey had backtracked them!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Coldones1

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Coldones2

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Coldones3

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Coldones4

Post Battle
Myth wrote:
My dice crapped out against the Sea Patrol. Three guys showed up to hunt the Hunters and two henxhmen (both martial artists) died! I did get to press gang one of the elves into being a crewman!
Cathayan Pirates--1 CP

Sea Patrol--2 CP
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Von Kurst on Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 1:30; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Exploration Week!   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2012 - 19:59

Week 2--Continued

The Bridge of Dooooommmm! Part III

The skinks watched the Outlanders advance from the undergrowth. The warm-bloods approached with noise and fury, which drew a River Monster to attack their boats. One Emerald Three rushed forward and made sure that small stones flew over the edge of the cliff to arouse another of the River Monsters. The great beast entered the water and swam toward the struggling warm-blood vessels.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeC1

In the confusion Two Ochre Four and Yaotl the saurus moved to block the warmblood advance.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeC2

The warm-bloods on the bridge reacted with shouts of alarm and sent several arrows to seek One Emerald Three. The brave skink took several light wounds. He crawled back into the jungle and collapsed, unable to fight on.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeC3

One of the warm-blood archers sent an arrow toward the last visible River Monster. The enraged beast launched itself at the boat commanded by Tototl.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeC4

The River Monsters slowed the warmbloods on the river. Well placed arrows wounded several on the bridge, but the warm-bloods pressed on. One warm-blood rushed ahead of his fellows to challenge Yaotl. The saurus met the Outsider with a roar, but his battle cries were cut short by cruel blows from the Outlander's hammer.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeC5

Outlanders defeat the River Monsters and scale the cliffs. The day is lost.

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BridgeC6

Post Battle
All of the Guradians' henchmen survived. Unfortunately both the Skink Priest and Yaotl died! The broken Guardians disband. Woe! [Edit: Or do they? All the henchmen survived and could advance. 2 of the surviving heroes could advance and I had just enough money to re-hire the Totem Warrior. Saddened but with steel in their cold lizard hearts, the Guardians fight on!]

The Protectorate lost one warrior to a crocodile, but the rest of their casualties survived.
The Protectorate--5 CPs
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Lost Temple of the Slann
A Rumble in the Jungle between the Protectorate, the Sartosans, the Cathayans and the Marienburgers

The Protectorate of the Sigmar claimed the Lost Temple. The Sartosans attacked from the west; the Cathayans approached through the jungle to the north and the Marienburgers held the east.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill 4waygame1

The Cathayans are distracted by the shiny Marienburgers.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill 4waygame3

One Sartosan defeats the Protectorate's western flank.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill 4waygame4

Father Ezekeil holds the north!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill 4waygame5

The Jungle took a hand in the battle. The Protectorate suffered a collapsing wall in the temple which buried a warrior for the entire game (our explanation for quicksand). Two swarms of Vampire Bats, a Giant Frog and Swamp Flies bedeviled the attackers.

Post Battle
chadwicc wrote:
Temple of Slann, TJ and I beat up on each other, 3 to 3 on OOA's. Captain Brewbold was knocked down and Raven's Ld wasn't up to encouraging the other mates and I routed. Crow, ship's mate, took and old battle wound and Johns,cabin boy, lost an arm. Nothing spectacular on exploration. Reached my first CP goal.
Sartosan Pirates--1 CP

Myth wrote:
Two losses for me! In the four player game I was mauled by the Marienburgers. Zing, my Litterbearer (youngblood) got multiple wounds! He is immune to fear, full recovery, and (sob) Old Battle Wound! I captured Zach's hero and ransomed her back for a swivel gun!
Cathayan Pirates--1 CP

Zach wrote:
My Hero who died was Rin, who I believe got chopped into bits by some Cathayan with a fancy sword.
Marienburgers--1 CP

Protectorate of Sigmar--2 CP
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012 - 5:55

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverofDoomI001

Campaign Points--End of Week 2

TJ--Protectorate of Sigmar (Sylvania). Objective: Burn the Witch--13 CP
Chadwicc-- Sartosan Pirates (Sartosa).  Scourge of the Seas Objective--6 CPs
Myth --Cathayan Pirates (Sartosa). Objective: Scourge of the Seas--5 CPs
Smalls--Sea Patrol (Sartosa), Monarch of the Seas--9 CPs
Bob-- Reiklanders with a Monarch of the Seas Objective--8 CPs
Von Kurst-- Lizardmen (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--8 CPs
Playtable -- Amazons (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--6 CPs
Zach--Alyssea's Sirens (Marienburgers). "The Lure of Fortune"--8 CPs

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 15:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Back in Torktuga   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012 - 23:31

Week 3--A Sojourn in Torktuga

Despite the best efforts of the Reiklanders and the Sea Patrol all our games this week took place in Torktuga as no Native or Pirate wanted to risk the wrath of the Governor of Port Sigmar and his harbor watch.

Skirmish
The Sky Mother wept a deluge upon the blasphemy that was the warm-blood port. The Guardians thanked Her as they walked the nearly empty paths of the port. The heavy rain covered their entry into the warm-blood’s dens, refreshed their hides and cleansed the filth of the warm-bloods. The day had many blessings.

Then the color of the heaven’s vault changed from the grays and lavender of the Sky Mother’s Eternal Grief to sickly greens, yellows and magentas. The cleansing rain began to sting, then to burn their skins. Tototl screamed in agony and writhed upon the ground. His brothers pulled him to shelter, but the Great Crest had swooned from the pain. As quickly as it had come the cursed storm blew out to sea.

The Guardains continued to advance into the warm-blood lair in search of sacrifices for Tzunki to restore balance to the Great Scales. Suddenly a challenge rang out. Arrows sought them. The air hummed with magic and the power of foreign gods. Chicomecoatl shot his arrows in return.

There was a roar of surprise. A saurus brave who had been jogging down one of the rutted paths suddenly disappeared amid a gout of mud and dust. Chicomecoatl trilled the call of the Broken Wing. Tzunki had turned His face from His children. The day was lost.

Post Battle
The battle began in Heavy Rain followed by a Warp Storm. Then that meddler, Heinrich (Altdorf) Schmidt, stole away one of the saurus braves. Tototl fully recovered and Chac survived against the odds! The saurus brave was discovered bound and gagged but unharmed (I had rolled that he died before I re-read the Secret).
The Guardians—1 CP

The Wastelanders discovered abandoned smuggler’s tunnels, a nice swivel gun and Secret C. Heinrich Schmidt (Secret C) also allowed them to add +2 to searches for rare items after the game. To hire Heirich the Wastelanders must brave Port Sigmar’s Harbor Patrol.
Wastelanders—2 CP
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Another Skirmish
The Sartosan was pleased with himself. No one was crossing this bridge tonight unless he allowed it. No sir! The polished barrel of his swivel gun commanded the bridge and all of its approaches. No one was getting past him, definitely not those thieving Cathayans!

“Pretty bird! Awwk!”

A brightly colored parrot flew past the gunner’s head. It banked and came around from behind him.

“Pretty bird! Awwk!”

This time the parrot grabbed at the plume on the gunner’s hat. The hat slid down over his eyes. The gunner waved his left hand about as he tried to right the hat. The parrot joyously dipped and darted about.

“Ahoy! Awwk!”

The parrot landed on the swivel gun causing the barrel to swing. The gunner was vaguely aware of screams and the clash of arms in the distance, but the parrot had claimed his full attention.

“Pretty bird!”

The parrot was suddenly quiet. The gunner looked wildly about for it until he realized it was going to land on the powder barrel on his left. It was landing on the powder barrel with his slow match in its beak!

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill BirdsEyeView

Post Battle
The Cathayans put up a stiff fight but fled when their warlord fell. One henchman is killed. The Warlord survives against the odds.
Cathayans—1CP

The Sartosans suffered the event Beautiful Plumage. One hero lost an arm to a Cathayan sword. However they gained an extra campaign point for taking a rival OoA.
Sartosan Pirates—3 CP
______________________________________________________________________________________________
The Great Gun II
Chac roared as another warm-blood charged. The saurus brave met the charge with shield and sword. Somewhere behind him One Emerald Five lay barely breathing. Beneath the saurus’ clawed feet the old cobble stones were slick with blood. One human lay still. Another tried to crawl away. Chac heard a hooting cry from the cliff above. Chac stopped worrying about the crawling warm-blood. Two Ochre One landed on the fallen warm-blood’s back. Chac blocked the charging warm-blood’s blade with his shield. A dagger shattered on the thick scales of his hide. Chac beat the warm-blood’s blade aside. The thing screamed and fell away.

Chac braced for the next charge.Instead he heard a shouted order. Chac realized he faced a line of archers. The saurus brought up his shield as the archers loosed.

Post Battle
The Reiklanders were 100+ above the Guardians in warband rating! Arrgh! All of the fallen Guardians recover except for Chac. The Guardians found some worthless shiny things and some funny warm-blood clothes, which were sold. Another saursus warrior is hired to replace the fallen hero. 2 skinks are hired as well.
Guardians—1 CP

The Reiklanders collect the cannon. None of them die.
Reiklanders 2 CP
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Fancy Meetin’ You ‘ERE!
Them Sea Patrol elfs tried to arrest some drunken Wasters down by the old west wall. The Wasters swivel gunner was still sober. Gave those elfs a few barrels of grape. Sorted that.

Post Battle
The Sea Patrol lost a crew elf captured. A Tilean Marksman returns a favor.
Sea Patrol—1 CP

No information was forthcoming from the pirates.
Wastelander Privateers—2 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________________
The Great Gun III
The Amazons approached the Thunder Maker after the pale moon had risen. Fortunately clouds hid the face of Mother Moon. The males floundered about shouting and swearing. The males did not see the Daughters of the Pale Moon until it was too late. The Daughters stole away the Thunder Maker! Mother Moon is proud!

Post Battle
playtable wrote:
The Sartosans had a swivel gun, and they scare me, so I chose to fight at night. I think it was 9" sight range. Weather was clear.
There was a lot of puttering around in front of the big gun, but not much happened because one of my Sunstaffs stunned his swivel gunner twice.

The real fight was in the back where 4 male pirates squared off against 4 of my Amazons. 2 of the Amazon henchwomen climbed a wall into the ruined house, 1 other kept failing the climb, the 4th (L.G.T. Palleria) kept shooting with her bow from below.
An ugly man climbed the stairs outside the house and charged a fair maiden in the window. The 2nd Amazon charged into the fight at the window. A 2nd man charged at the window and got taken OOA by my 2-dagger chick. The 1st guy went OOA sometime around then too.
Ladies win men loose.
Men rout.
Pale Moons--2 CP

Sartosan Pirates--1 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Torktuga!   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012 - 4:22

Torktugan Vignettes, continued

Pressgang! Part IV

Sharktooth was the meanest, badest pirate to sail the Cayman Straits! Aye that he was. Sharktooth was also nearly blind drunk. He'd left the docks at the third watch and he'd been drinking hard ever since. He'd been attempting to return to the ship, the good ship Wassisname, since being ejected from that hell hole behind him. Throw him out for being broke! Why Shark oughta gut them lubbers, aye! If only he could make the turn to recross the street...

"So lad, fancy a trip before the mast?"

Sharktooth growled and tried to focus on a couple of Sartosan rogues, maybe there was four...

"Nay! Unhand that man, ye Sartosan scum! He looks fit to serve the Graf's navy."

Shark spun and nearly collapsed. There was a couple of proper Reikland marines behind him. The evening was getting interesting, but crowded.

"Piss off leatherneck!" the nearest Sartosan thrust his face past Shark's right shoulder as he pulled the pirate away from the marines.

"Did you hear the scum Klaus?" asked the marine as he drew his cutlass.

"Ja, Dieter," replied his mate as he readied a wheel-lock pistol. "Maybe we hang the Sartosan after we kill him."

Post Battle
The Reiklanders captured 2 drunks.
Reiklanders--1 CP

The Sartosans are reported to have captured 6 drunks alive and a couple dead.
Sartosan Pirates--2 CP
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Last Orders
Chicomecoatl looked at the dregs of the strange warm-blood beverage in the soft metal container. It had not been poison, the novice priest was fairly sure of that. But it made his head feel strange. The sounds of the room were louder, too. It was most interesting. Perhaps he would have another.

There was a roar from the floor above. The priest tried to remember which saurus brave had accompanied Tototl on his recognizance of the top floor of this curious place. Whoever it was, the saurus was quite upset. There was a scream. All of the pointy eared warm-bloods at the next table rose up from their wooden stools. There was much disquiet in the night. The priest smashed his tankard into the nearest pointy ears' face. It was most satisfying.

There were lots more elves than there should be. The Lizards took the third floor after a failed attempt to smuggle a knife by both sides. Lame. The Lizards conceded the ground floor since they were out numbered by 6 to 2. Maybe should have tried the totem warrior out on the little elfs. Instead he tried to climb the stairs to leave them. Things go the Lizards way on the second floor and then they don't. And then they really don't.

Post Battle
All the pesky elves get better AND they get rich.
Sea Patrol--2 CP

The new totem warrior, Alt, takes an arm wound and must miss a game. Chicomecoatl, the new leader ends up with a leg injury. -1 M. I sense a trend.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pressgang Part V

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Mohhh_001_by_kash_

The being known on this plane as Paramalfait flexed his hooked claws. Paramalfait heard the call, oh yes him did. Paramalfait heed the call, oh yes him does. The wind it call, Old Hook, he come.

The priest glanced around uneasily. The east wind blew across Torktuga's streets, raising dust and debris. The night seemed even darker. The priest could barely make out the men next to him. Despite the heat of the Karibbean night, the priest almost felt cold. The priest raised his trident and took a defensive stance. He did that much then the horror was upon him. The men near him cried out, but the thing came for him and him alone. The priest thrust his trident into the muddy torso. As the scything claws reached for him the priest heard booming laughter.

Mama Regina's nasty daemon thingy slapped the Wastelander's priest about a bit. Then it ambled off into the darkness. The Wastelanders were happy to see it go. They got back to the business of kicking the Amazons out of the port.

Post Battle
Eventually the Amazons break, but they happen to capture a Wastlander hero (LGT?) whom they sacrifice to Rigg. Two drunks surrendered to the Pale Moons as well.
playtable wrote:
I hired 3 replacement henchwomen so I have 12 members, rated at 173! Of course I spent all my money doing that. 

Every hero now has a Rope & hook now too, very important in wind storms!

The hero with the Sunstaff got attacks and the pistol sun gauntlet gal got ws or bs so I gave her BS and swapped weapons.  Now Sunstaff has BS4 and the Sun Gauntlet (pistol) has 2 attacks.  Yes I know, I only get 2 attacks with the other weapon.

I also swapped the Claw of the Old Ones to the Totem warrior who got Step Aside. The other Totem warrior got WS and strength. My L.G.T. warrior took Streetwise for her 1st skill so I can find Amazon rare items later I can keep after-action rolls from killing my gals, I might be alright in a bit.
Pale Moons--2 CP (1 for the game and 1 for the sacrificed hero.)

Two Amazons and two drunks are captured by the Wastelanders.
Wastelander Privateers--2 CP

The Wastelanders also gain the first Pirate Curse points in the campaign thanks to Paramalfait's visit.
Wastelanders--1 PCP
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Campaign Points--End of Week 3

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill City003

TJ--Protectorate of Sigmar (Sylvania). Objective: Burn the Witch--13 CP
Chadwicc-- Sartosan Pirates (Sartosa).  Scourge of the Seas Objective--12 CPs
Myth --Cathayan Pirates (Sartosa). Objective: Scourge of the Seas--6 CPs
Smalls--Sea Patrol (Sartosa), Monarch of the Seas--12 CPs
Bob-- Reiklanders with a Monarch of the Seas Objective--11 CPs
Von Kurst-- Lizardmen (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--11 CPs
Playtable -- Amazons (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--10 CPs
Zach--Alyssea's Sirens (Marienburgers). "The Lure of Fortune"--8 CPs
grtbrt--Wastelander Privateers (Sartosa), "The Lure of Fortune"--6 CPs/1 PCP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 15:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Exploration Week!   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012 - 0:19

Week 4--Ye Brief Interlude in Torktuga

Ye Great Gunne
"How many does that make now?" asked Scary Sue. Now that the excitement was over she and a few of the girls had gathered on the covered balcony to watch the privateers dismout the cannon. There were around a score of them all slick like field hands as they tried to move the heavy weapon in the rain.

"Counting the one took last week?" squeeked the new girl.

"Weren't it two took last week?" asked Big Bessie.

"Nae, I heard that them native doxies ransomed 'Old Thunder' back to the Karibbean Court," said Queenie.

"Ransom always be easier," allowed Big Bessie.

Post Battle
TJ wrote:
No event, no casualties. We both found 6 treasures. I didn't remember my exploration.
Protectorate of Sigmar--1 CP

grtbrt wrote:
It was day. It was raining -The Sigmarites"heroes" hid all game long and sent their lackeys out to die so they could run away  and go shopping.
Wastelander Privateers--2 CP

"Them Cathys scream fit to be dead," answered Old Mit.

"Aye all the jumpin' about and fancy work makes me bones ache, it does," observed Ancient Earl.

"Them Navy lads held the line," allowed Luke.

"Makes ye wonder at their last meetin'," mused Mit. "When them Navy lost race fer the cannon."

"Revenge!" said Earl. The rest of the Court sipped their pints and nodded sagely.

Post Battle
Myth wrote:
I was mangled by Bob. I let Zang my litter bearer go. Elise, the elven henchman I pressganged who ended up joining my crew, is my new hero.
Cathayan Pirates--1 CP

Reiklanders--3 CP (Rival out of action)
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Of Ye Jungles and Ye Rivers

Ye Hulks
The Protectorate of Sigmar moves to claim another hulk.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle001

Post Battle
TJ wrote:
No casualties on my part, found 8 treasures total after scenario. No events, no rain and I found a marooned elven ranger.

Sea Patrol--1 CP

Protectorate of Sigmar--2 CP
The Pale Moons jogged toward the distant Scaled Ones ruin. The ruin rose above the surrounding grasslands like an island. If the tribe could reach it, perhaps they could make a stand against the pack that herded them. All around in the tall grasses the women could hear their pursuers. Growls and coughing grunts seemed to surround the tribe.

Lycopis had had enough. She spun in place.

"Come and fight!" the Totem Warrior screamed into the surrounding wall of grass.

There was a scream from her right. Lycopis spun toward the sound. She felt movement to her left. Too late she tried to compensate to meet the attack. She saw fangs and hooked claws reaching for her.

Post Battle
playtable wrote:
Daytime. Forgot to check weather. Forgot I could have started 3 warriors on the pyramid due to campaign points. 1st turn 5 out of 12 in my warband were hit by Cold Ones. Lycopis II went OOA

Opponent got ONE Outlander girl up on temple, fired a blunderbuss at 2 girls, did no wounds. The Outlander got hit with a slung rock and was taken OOA. End of turn 4, Amazons win.

I had 2 OOA both recovered just fine. Rolled 3 Fives in exploring, Sword, dagger, rusty pistol, marooned map.
Pale Moons--2 CP

The Sirens--1 CP
Ye Jungle Ambush
Chicomecoatl watched in dismay as Chacatoo sank into the morass. Both his saurus had blundered into the quicksand in the rain. The attack was a shambles. The novice priest was accutely aware of his failure. He should have walked the whole area of the ambush site last night. The rain had caught him unprepared and now a third of his force was slowly drowning!

"Take vines! Pull them out," the priest trilled. "Quickly before the warm-bloods discover we are helpless!"

The bucolic scene just before I roll the Quicksand Hazard. Can you spot all 4 skinks in the photo? I am forever losing them in the jungle terrain.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle002

Post Battle
The Guardians could not sustain the attack. Both sinking saurus are rescued by skinks. Chacatoo is promoted for surviving the quicksand. The Guardians have 6 heroes again!
The Guardians--1 CP

The Marienburg casualties recover.
The Sirens--3 CP (found rowboat during Exploration)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Ye Salvage Operation
"Put yer backs into it lads!"
The Sartosans travel the Black Waters just moments before encountering the Wastelanders.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle003

Post Battle
grtbrt wrote:
Only 2 treaures  and 2 crocs. After my initial swivel gun shot the crocs moved to the attack (1 versus each of us). Mine must have been full as it moved very slowly, whereas the one after the Sartosans raced towards them and bit the boat  almost sinking it. I shot the one versus me while Chad went into HtH vs his (bad mistake ) It killed a hero and a henchman I think .

My swivel gunner hit his raft with his captain on it and OOA'ed a hero -so the Sartosans fled.
Wastelanders--2 CP

Sartosan Pirates--1 CP
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jungle Ambush II

playtable wrote:
Daytime. Raining weather (but we both forgot to ever use it).
Amazons ambush Bob. 3 Hazards. Sabertooth charged Teles II (Totem Warrior) took her OOA, Giant spider attacked one of Bob’s people, he did 2 wounds to it. Stupid me threw a javelin into the HTH combat and took it’s last wound.  It went OOA.
Bob triggered a quick sand pit. 3 of his people were drug into it along with Celtos, (henchwoman) who had charged his bounty hunter the turn before. Celtos went OOA

Scout, Anymone went OOA also but I don’t remember how or when

The Sabertooth drug Teles II off the board before I could to anything to stop it since I was doing the ambush and was spread very thin. I rout, Bob wins.  I get +3 exp from Bob.

Post battle:

Teles II dies with my last Claw of the Old Ones and she also had Enchanted Skins, for all the good it did.

Anymone, a Scout henchwoman died also.  She had 5 exp. – the highest at the time. Scout, Kydome gets Lass’s Got Talent. I roll 3 Threes in exploring, free henchwoman. I open a crate and find Cathayan silks.
Pale Moons--1 CP

Reiklanders--2 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
X Marks Ye Spot
The Protectorate advance as the outnumbered Marienburgers cautiously search the jungle.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle004

TJ wrote:
I found 5 treasures! I found 3 more in the treasure chest. No rain, no events. Swashbuckler died but during my exploration I found a marooned swashbuckler to replace my freshly killed one!

The Marienburgers priestess missed the game due to a bad tarot reading. One veteran swordswoman was killed.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Ye Jungle Skirmish
Ye Sea Patrol dispute with ye Reiklanders on ye sky blue ground. It were dark night see? Squint yer eyes till it be dark. It were like that. Them Sea Patrol tries to sneak up on the Reiklanders, who was camped back in the jungle by this little stream. Well them Reiklanders had some right smart sentries for all their Captain be mad. Them Navy lads deployed in a skirmish line and tried to take the fight to the elfs.

Right in the middle of the Reikland line, a swarm of lizards erupt out of the jungle and start chewing on a lubber!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle005

Them lizards gnawed on that tar but good!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle006

Now the Reiklanders couldn't see, but across the way the elfs was having their own party. A couple of them tangled with this huge snake! The elfs finally cut it up. Then this bunch of blood sucking vampire bats latch on to the elf mage! (The vampire bats are played by a tar pit, since I had misplaced my bat swarm again...)
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle007

The Mad Reikland Captain was sane enough to save the soldier from the lizard swarm. Then the Reikland line advanced.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle008

The elfs eventually hacked all of the bats apart. They waited out of sight to snipe at the advancing humans from the dark.

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle009

Post Battle
The Reiklanders survived an encounter with some pygmy hunters to engage the elfs. The elfs lost two warriors and an Elf Ranger in the fight. The Mage got better.
Sea Patrol--1 CP

Reiklanders--2 CP
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012 - 0:07

WeekendHeim--A Preview of the Lost City

Ye Jungle Skirmish
Chicomecoatl's senses searched the jungle ahead. The warm-bloods were near. Soon they would discover the paving stones of the Path of Excellent Aspiratations, the great ruin of Tlax would be open to plunder. The Guardians must fight here!

Suddenly one of the scouts screamed in agony. Chicomecoatl cursed his error. His warriors had blundered into a pygmy hunting party as they sought to ambush the outlanders.

"Forward quickly!" ordered the novice priest. "We must destroy the small ones before the invaders engage us!"

Chicomecoatl hoped that the small warm-bloods would not delay his warriors long. The ambush depended on exact timing. Even now Quauhtli and Chacatoo should be in sight of the interlopers.

Post Battle
The Guadians fled with two heroes out of action. The very talented skink brave Nelli was killed by the Mad Captain. One Emerald Five was killed by a pygmy. Chacatoo survives against the odds. The skink brave Tochtli is promoted for cutting down a warm-blood hero with just a dagger.
The Guardians of the Silent Places--1 CP

Two veteran marksmen and a swordsman are killed in the bitter fight. Still the Reiklanders discover the Lost City of Tlax.
Reiklanders--2 CP
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ye Breakthrough

Playtable and I dispute territory within the Lost City. Photo record by playtable. We got together at Casa playtable to look at some new terrain that playtable had constructed and a couple of playset or game pieces that he had hopes for.

The day was hot and humid. The Amazons suffered greatly from the heat. The Guardians approached from the west. The Amazons thought to deny the Scaled Ones entry to the rich temple district.

Alt and Hue begin to run the guantlet of Amazon missiles along the southern edge of the battlefield.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle001-1

To the north the Great Crest, Tototl, led a flanking maneuver.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle003-1

The center stalled early.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle004-1

A view of the Pale Moons defenses, south and center. There are more Amazons than Guardians.
[The hill kind of thing with the platforms must be from an Indiana Jones playset.]
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle005-1

Death from above! Quauhtli and One Emerald Four have the drop.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle006-1

Amazon frustration. The tough saurus walk right past the Amazon's ranged defenders.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle007-1

Two Saurus versus four Amazons. (There are really five of them.)
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle008-1

In the north, the missile duel doesn't go the Pale Moon's way.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle009-1

Hue meets Lykopsis. Hue dies.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle010

Alt discovers a hidden warrior.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle011

The northern flank is reinforced from the center.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle012

CHARGE!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle013

Charge!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle014

The Amazons' center holds for awhile.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle015

The northern flank begins to crumble.
[The tower on the left is from an Indiana Jones boardgame.]
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle016

Post Battle
Playtable fled with six warriors out of action. Four of them died, a hero suffered a Hand Injury. Exploration only netted them some minor baubles.
Pale Moons--0 CP

Hue the 14 exp saurus brave is killed by Lykopsis. The Guardians find a spear during exploration.
The Guardians of the Silent Places--1 CP
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Week 4--Campaign Points

TJ--Protectorate of Sigmar (Sylvania). Objective: Burn the Witch--19 CP
Chadwicc-- Sartosan Pirates (Sartosa). Scourge of the Seas Objective--13 CPs
Myth --Cathayan Pirates (Sartosa). Objective: Scourge of the Seas--7 CPs
Smalls--Sea Patrol (Sartosa), Monarch of the Seas--14 CPs
Bob-- Reiklanders with a Monarch of the Seas Objective--20 CPs
Von Kurst-- Lizardmen (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--14 CPs
Playtable -- Amazons (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--13 CPs
Zach--Alyssea's Sirens (Marienburgers). "The Lure of Fortune"--13 CPs
grtbrt--Wastelander Privateers (Sartosa), "The Lure of Fortune"--10 CPs/1 PCP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 15:22; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012 - 1:34

OH BABY...COOL PHOTOS! Further comments with the report & when my brain starts to function again...or not. clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug 2012 - 23:45

Thanks for visiting Deaf.

Week 5--Meanwhile Back at the Port

Work is picking up, which is always hell on gaming.
Distrubing Ye Peace in Torktuga, Ye Pirate Port

Pressgang! Part VI  
We fought at night in Torktuga (pirate port). 9 drunks were encountered, the guardians captured 5 drunks and killed none.  TJ captured 3 andkilled 1.  But the Guadians ended up routing.  A halfling thief stole a lucky charm from the Sigmarites, but failed to make a get away.  One crusader died for the loss of 2
skinks.

Post Battle
The Protectorate found good things. They bought a House in Torktuga. 
The Skinks found some food, Madcap Mushrooms and scrificed a drunk to Tzunki.  One skink is re-cruited after everyone gains +3 exp.
Protectorate--2 CP
Lizardmen--1 CP
______________________________________________________________________________________
Skirmish
playtable wrote:
Pirate port, skirmish, day time Foggy, fog was 16" for most of the game, lots of just moving closer, then visibliltiy went to 12, then 8 then 20.

Wastelanders rolled Assassin for an encounter.  Hero victim was taken OOA. Crowd goes wild for 2 turns. Assassin shot OOA next turn. Amazons went
center, into the Blow Hole, and north.

2 wound Kydomie scouted ahead and started throwing javelins and bow
shots from the 2nd story.  She knocked 1 guy down before she was taken
OOA by return fire. The Wastelanders split 3 ways.  His leader, with 2 dueling
pistols and trick shooter, stood in the Blow Hole's doorway and shot a
few times taking henchwoman, Andromache II OOA.

My Priestess, Agamede, was going for the Blow Hole to escape the crowd and
got hemmed in by her own warriors.  She ended up getting in HTH with a
henchman.  She kept knocking him down but that was about all. The
priest of Mannan charged the 3 wound LGT Palleria, knocked her down
with a water blast spell and then easily took her OOA.

Then I lost 2 more henchwomen OOA from charges and routed 1st chance.

Post battle:
LGT Kydomie died, Wastelanders looted her. Andromache II was captured.

grtbrt wrote:
Andromache II was recruited as a swabbie( what is it about these amazons that make them want to be the property of pirates?? That's 3 now?)
I found a friendly flag in a cargo crate. I gain 1 more CP due to rare items (3 so far)
Amazons--1 CP
Wastelanders--3 CP
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Last Orders
Myth wrote:
One win against Smalls in bar fight. I had my leader miss a game.

Smalls wrote:
Against John in the bar one of my seaguard henchmen died, Alisa Sel. 

Cathayans--2 CP
Sea Patrol--2 CP (Rival out of action)
Breaches of Ye King's Peace in Port Sigmar, Ye Colonial Port
Down on the Docks
Sure and it were a bloody fight from the sound of it.  There were fighting up and down the quay. Aye it were something. Never did see His Excellency's Watch now did we? Yelled meself horse callin for the Watch, didn't I? Don't say nothing to no one, but Ise suspicious of bribes, aye. Them smuggler's ship sailed of during the fight.  Them Mary Annes got one cargo from the docks, the Navy took the rest.  No one got any from off the ship, though the crew were some cut up from crossbow bolts and the like.

Post Battle
Both sides lose a hero. Zach routs.The Marienburgers found a Wyrdstone Pendulum in a looted crate.

Rieklanders--2 CP
Marienburgers--1 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________
Pressgang! Part VII
Reiklanders are attacked by the Assassin event. However they persevere to collect the most drunks by Store Closing.

Post Battle 
Smalls wrote:
My warband rating is 329 now.    I lost against Bob, but no one died.  Got a free henchman afterward, and was able to get three hired swords.
Pressgang! Part VIII
ANOTHER pressgang, TJ's Arabian Merchant finds the Lucky Find.
Things happen, the store closes.
Privateers have the most drunks, win Wastelanders.  Ser Sander, a crusader, is captured.

grtbrt wrote:
Weather was fine -the event was the Lucky Find.
My shooting was horrible (in 2 rounds I rolled 9 2's out of about 14 shots )
Post Battle
Ser Sander recovers to find himself a pirate  enticed by the drink and wanting to escape the "attentions" of the Sigmarite priests
I find a duckfoot pistol in a cargo crate. One of my heroes gains fence from exploration.
Wastelanders--2 CP

The Protectorate esablish a House in Port Sigmar as well as Torktuga.
Protectorate--1 CP
Meanwhile Back in Torktuga
Fancy Meeting YOU 'ere!
Torktuga, day.  Clear weather that turned to rain with a South Wind.
Many of the Cathayans were drunk, which paid off a bit when Mama
Regina's spirit scared both sides' henchmen. Still several Cathayans
ran away as opposed to only one skink.  The skinks forted up on one
side of the street and shot the Cathys until they ran away.  

Post Battle
The Cathayans lost a Tilean Marksman and a Martial Artist.  NO SKINKS DIE!
Both warbands earn Pirate Curse Points.
Cathayans--1 CP/1 PCP
Lizardmen--2 CP/1 PCP
Pressgang! Part IX
(Pressganging is very popular!)
playtable wrote:
Pirate port,  9 drunks, night time 10" vision, clear weather.

Zach's leader charged a drunk on turn 1, he was a normal drunk, took leader OOA.
The crowd goes wild for 1 turn. Lots of amazons fall down. amazons get 2
drunks, Zach gets 5 or 6 but 1 of his dies.  The event Pressgang
happens but the store closes before the Pressgangers can impact the game.

Post battle:
I roll 3-6s and recruit a free Zoat Hired Sword!
So...3 wins, 9 losses = 12 games
including the 1 I retired, I've replaced 4 heroes and 9 henchwomen = 13 replaced.
 Now at 15 cp, 12 members + pygmy hunter, 249 exp., and 0 gc again. :-(
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Week 5--Campaign Points

TJ--Protectorate of Sigmar (Sylvania). Objective: Burn the Witch--22 CP
Chadwicc-- Sartosan Pirates (Sartosa). Scourge of the Seas Objective--13 CPs
Myth --Cathayan Pirates (Sartosa). Objective: Scourge of the Seas--10 CPs/1 PCP
Smalls--Sea Patrol (Sartosa), Monarch of the Seas--16 CPs
Bob-- Reiklanders with a Monarch of the Seas Objective--24 CPs
Von Kurst-- Lizardmen (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--17 CPs/1PCP
Playtable -- Amazons (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--15 CPs
Zach--Alyssea's Sirens (Marienburgers). "The Lure of Fortune"--16 CPs
grtbrt--Wastelander Privateers (Sartosa), "The Lure of Fortune"--15 CPs/1 PCP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 18:25; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug 2012 - 23:59

Week 6.0--Battles on Ye Seas, in Ye Jungles and in Ye Dungeon Deep

Ye Jungle Ambush
playtable wrote:
AMBUSH

Amazons vs Cathayans Day time, windy (1- shooting, -1 more to shoot arrows), 5 Hazards.

Amazons are the ambushers, & go first. A little positioning, a lot of poor shooting and up pops a Vampire Bat Swarm in front of Palleria (L.G.T. hero).  Away goes her lucky charm and one wound, but she’s got more.  Palleria takes one wound away from the swarm.

Cathayans move, so does a Reptile Swarm.  He shoots things.  Not much else goes on.

Vampire Bat Swarm turn. Vampire Bat Swarm looses 2 more wounds and flies away.

Amazons move out again.  Zoat Uggh charges John’s Captain. A few Amazons move for better position. 

Anymone II gets shot by 2 pygmies and gets stunned.  Palleria shoots at the Pygmies so they will run away.  (I think this might have happened one turn later.)??? Other Amazons move and shoot at -3 for the most part.  Not much else happens with that.

Reptile Swarm turn. Reptile Swarm takes a wound or 2, I just don’t remember.  Surprise!

Cathayans charge 2 more into the Zoat.  Charges Musamba, the pygmy, the stunned Anymone II, and Toxaris (henchwoman).  The one who charged Pixie II attracts the attention of a River Troll.  He charged, the Troll charged…he has higher initiative so goes 1st...he knocks down Toxaris.  The Troll stuns him.

Pygmy, Musamba, gets fish hooked (or some such nonsense) in the shooting phase and gets knocked down and then taken OOA in HTH. Anymone II goes OOA. Zoat Uggh looses a wound.

Pygmies turn, they retreat.

Zerynthia (Champion hero) and Lycopis II (Totem Warrior) both charge one of the Zoat’s enemies.  Pixie II (henchwoman) charges the Halfling.

Toxaris stands up and moves out of HTH (her opponent is down in front of the Troll).  She shoots at another enemy but misses. Zoat Uggh goes OOA but Zerynthia and Lycopis II take their opponent OOA also.

Troll turn, Cathayan goes OOA.  But he is not lost since friends are close by.

Cathayans then charges 2 into Zerynthia and 2 (including his Captain) into Lycopis II. Somone steps onto a Giant Constrictor. Zerynthia holds out OK, Lycopis II knocks the Noble down.

Amazons have Palleria, Zoat Uggh, and 2 henchwomen OOA.  They pass the rout test and stay to have their best turn.

Shooting takes 3? OOA.  HTH takes 2 OOA. John routs.

Post battle:
John looses his Begger, henchman Clobba and Bill (the spearman).

Zoat Uggh dies.  John loots his mace and shield. Toxaris dies.   I know no more.
Except: I hire 2 new Scouts, Toxaris II and Kydomie II. 13 members, 1 hired sword. 278 rating.
0 gc left again!

+2cp = 17 campaign points
4 wins, 9 losses. 4 heroes replaced (3 died), 10 henchwomen and 1 hired sword dead. Gotta be a new record for me.
Ye Temple of Dooommm!
Ye Reiklanders battle Ye Westerlander Pirates for Ancient Treasure

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill TempleofDoom1

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill TempleofDoom2

Ye Lustrian Treasure Ship
Ye Protectorate, Ye Sea Patrrol and Ye Guardians battle on the High Seas

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle003-2

Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle004-2

The Elven crew flees the disaster in a jolly boat.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle005-2

A thin line of warm-bloods tries to hold the treasure ship against the vengeful Scaled Ones.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill RiverJungle007-2

Comments, casualties, etc to follow...

Last edited by Von Kurst on Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 0:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2012 - 5:16

I absolutely love the boats! Did you guys make them, or did you buy them assembled? Been thinking of incorporating boats in future campaigns, and any pointers/special rules for boats would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2012 - 7:04

Thanks! Playtable made these ships back in the General's Compendium days. We've used them in all of our Sartosan, Lustrian and Karibbean campaigns although they don't always get photographed. The ships have showed up a couple of times for this campaign although they played the role of wrecks a week ago. (Its kind of hard to tell the difference between shipwrecks and fighting ships from the photographs because we removed the sails for ease of moving and line of sight.)

We have used the rules from Warhammer Ahoy! since we started using ships for Mordheim. By now the original rules are a bit unrecognizable because of house rules, but what can you do?

If we are using just rowboats we use the boat rules from TC#24, sort of.
Back to top Go down
grtbrt
Youngblood
Youngblood
grtbrt

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2012 - 19:00

The Wasteland Pirates of the ship "Queen of Olati"
Heroes:
captain : "Madeira Bill" Dafoe
1st Mate : "Red" Meg
Priest of Manaan: Magister Wigbold
Master at arms (Cabin Boy ): " Horse Flesh " Griffin
Apprentice (Cabin Boy ): boy Jack Cornwall
LGT: (ex-gunner ) Serafina de la Mort
Henchmen :
Bosun : Touton Macoute
crewmen : Moonscar Mcwright, Xuthal
gunners : One -Eyed Jane , Old Ruggedo
Swabbies :
Amazons: Sancerre, Vouvray , Torrontes
Sea Elf patrol : Tokai
Protectorate of Sigmar : Dornfelder
Hired Swords :
Merchant -Silas
Tilean - Mercutio
Witch - N'Gona
Leviathan Hunter - Fedellah
Beggar : Blind Pew

Back to top Go down
grtbrt
Youngblood
Youngblood
grtbrt

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2012 - 19:52

The Temple of Doom : another chapter in the Saga of the Wastelander Purate of Captain "Madeira Bill" Dafoe

Having learned of the the temples existance from Vouvray, an amazon swabbie , and having some time with his ship -the Queen of Olati - being careened . Capt Dafoe decides to lead an expedition to gather what loot he can .

Slogging thru the jungle the crew comes upon the temple set in an overgrown clearing with but 2 entrances showing both wide enough to take 5 abreast . Being warned of possible traps by the amazon swabbies ,Dafoe decides to send in them and the other swabbies first followed by himself and the other heroes with the rest of the crew bringing up the rear .
Entering the long entrance tunnel during the midday sun ,it soon becomes very dark and musty in the temple hallway .Lighting torches allows some vision but not enough to see the end of the hallway .
At first cautious then being emboldened by the lack of any perceived danger ,Dafoe ordered a quick advance -as if that was what the guardians were waiting for things began to happen -arrows shot from the walls themselves -striking Dornfelder but their obsidian heads shattered on impact (no wounds) ,From the floors a wailing spectre arose causing Tokai to check her advance (ldrship passed) then a cage fell from the roof imprisoning her as Sancerre advenced to help her another cage fell and covered her as well . more arrows flew as the dcrew made their way to a now visible entrance to the main temple .
Upon entering a light was barely visible across the murky and oppressively humid temple . It was a lantern that seemed to be moving , distracted by the other light in the room -a greenish glow from a tomb- the crew advanced into the temple chamber . Suddenly a blast rang out -deafening everyone with the echoing of it's discharge . A blunderbus had been let off by what looked like Reiklanders, The noise and surprize were fortunaately more damaging than the bullets .Shouts and orders began to ring out in a plethora of languages and accents . The darkness , the reverberations of gunfire and the dank dusty still air all added to the confusion as each warband attempted to locate and attack . Dornfelder went down to a burst of gunfire , soon followed by Sancerre who took an arrow , Magister wigbold took a bi\ullet to the chest -but thanks to the protection of manaan was only knocked down -the 1st of 3 times this happened ( this was the theme of the reiks die rolling ). Horseflesh Griffin shot at and took down a reiklander , as did Mercutio the Tilean , Then Mercution went down from return fire .Serafina shot and killed another Reikie ,Magister Wigbold knocked down a reikie hero using a water blast prayer and more crew pumped bullets into the downed hero taking him OOA. Vouvray was taken down by another Reikie in close combat . Red Meg charged into combat with Reikie and killed him . The noise and confusion and curses grew and grew and it seemed the glow from the tomb increased as more and more humans fought and died . Suddenly as quickly as it started it was over - the Reikies were gone leaving 2 of their casualties behind 1 dead and 1 wounded (who would soon be another swabbie ) Realizing that time was not on his side Capt. Dafoe smashed open the tomb and grabbed the glowing plaque -Suddenly 2 zombies appeared as if by magic and attacked him -nimble stepping aside as they akwardly swung at him -he despatched one and red Meg decapitated the other. He Had The Artifact !!
On the way back to the ship they came across an empty skink village and found A SPEAR !!
Once back at the ship Dafoe was informed that they needed tar to properly seal the planking . Dafoe and his band rowed down the coast to a trading post and got the supplies needed ,trading Torrontes the Amazon for them ( had 1 too many swabbies and the Reiklander was better)
Post Game :
Artifact : Plaque of Tebeq
recruited the Reiklander as a swabbie
OOA : 3 -Mercutio,Dornfelder, Sancere- all recovered
treasures : 6 + 2 from temple (sold 5 at trading post )
looted the reiklander dead
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 0:34

Week 7--More Battles on Ye Seas, in Ye Jungles and in Ye Dungeon Deep

Ye Savage Jungles
Dems My Gubbinz!

Myth wrote:
In my first game against the Sartosans I managed to score an easy win by stealing the Sacred Gubbin and watched as a river troll devoured Chad's warband.

Ye River Troll surprises ye Sartosan Pirates.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Lustria049

Sartosan Pirates--1 CP

Cathayan Pirates--2 CP
Ye Sparkling Seas
Duel On Ye High Seas I

Ye Amazons sail to battle!
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Lustria011

Despite many distractions, ye pygmy Hired Sword bravely stays on course.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Lustria007

playtable wrote:
Elf shooting took 6 OOA in 2 turns, shark ate 1, no harm to his except a few knock downs, I failed my 1st rout test.
Amazons--1 CP

The Sea Patrol recovered one extra cargo from the Amazon vessel. In addition the patrol received confirmation that their endevour to rebuild an abandoned Elven temple was successful. (The Sea Patrol was missing 6 warriors during the battle, who were off re-building the temple.)
Sea Patrol--2 CP (+D3+1 that still needs to be rolled)
Tlax, Ye City of Ghosts
Chance Encounter

playtable wrote:
The weather killed me...Heavy Rain: all missles 1/2 range.  All my people were out of position due to weather.  1st Amazon to climb down fell and went OOA. A henchwoman KILLED his Swashbuckler.  I had 6 or 7 OOA (5 in 1 turn I think) and I ran.

The Pale Moons just before the monsoon hit.
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Lustria014

playtable wrote:
Post Both Battles:

DEATHS:  I lost 4 henchwomen (Celtos, Pisto, Anymone II, & Pixie II) and the pygmy hunter Musamba.

18cp, 6gc, 13 members + Musamba II. Rating 2 lower than before those 2 games, now at 276.

Sartosan Pirates--2 CP
Temple of Doom II
The Protectorate versus the Reiklanders
TJ wrote:
I found 3 spiked pits and 5 cage traps over the course of the game in the hallway.
Both times i tried to grab the main treasure in the center I got an abyss... My poor replacement archer who was fresh to the warband did not move fast enough and perished.
Bob also killed my Swashbuckler and Ser Jon the crusader.
My elven ranger and Sister Brienne survived
Brother Eddard the Templar became hardened and Brother Robbert made a full recovery.

I found 4 shards and collected 3 treasures. Selling 5 and opening 2 crates (ifound a blunderbuss ad some other thing that earned me multiple d6 gold)
I found the Pendant of the Old Ones thst I destroyed in the mame of Sigmar.
My exploration roll I encountered a group of goblins selling 2 of them to the hangmen and i gathered 6 spears 5 short bows and 3 shields

Oh and my bounty hunter finally cought a mark and I was nice and ransome him back to Bob for a mere 10 gold.

I know he collected 1 treasure from the temple and found some grog in a crate.
Protectorate of Sigmar--3 CP

The Reiklanders suffered heavy casualties. Their warrior priest of Sigmar died along with 3 or 4 henchmen.
Reiklanders--1 CP
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Lustria019

Campaign Points at the End of Week 7
TJ--Protectorate of Sigmar (Sylvania). Objective: Burn the Witch--26 CPs
Chadwicc-- Sartosan Pirates (Sartosa). Scourge of the Seas Objective--15 CPs
Myth --Cathayan Pirates (Sartosa). Objective: Scourge of the Seas--15 CPs/1 PCP
Smalls--Sea Patrol (Sartosa), Monarch of the Seas--23 CPs
Bob-- Reiklanders with a Monarch of the Seas Objective--27 CPs
Von Kurst-- Lizardmen (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--22 CPs/1 PCP
Playtable -- Amazons (Lustria). Cult of the Celestial Canopy--18 CPs
Zach--Alyssea's Sirens (Marienburgers). "The Lure of Fortune"--16 CPs
grtbrt--Wastelander Privateers (Sartosa), "The Lure of Fortune"--21 CPs(+an artifact and ship to roll for)/1 PCP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 21:32; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 0:50

OOOOH! COOL PHOTOS! cheers
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012 - 23:49

Gencon's 10th Year in Indianapolis IN
August 16, 2012 was the opening night of Gencon in downtown Indianapolis. Chadwicc and grtbrt were hosting Mordheim at the convention, Myth works for a small gaming company whose name I can never remember and TJ and Zach were heavily involved in the Privateer Press games.

So four of us met in Greenwood to get in some campaign games.

Week 8--Ye Larceny of Ye Ordinance in Olde Torktuga

Ye Great Gunne
The Guardians of the Silent Places
The skinks bobbed unseen amid the floatsam of the warm-blood harbor. The muzzle of the Great Thunderer could be seen pointing directly at them from its fortification on the edge of the crowded wharf. The weapon was unguarded. The Guardians swam toward the jetty with strong silent strokes. The warm-bloods would never know what hit them...

The Sea Patrol
The Commodore surveyed the teaming rabble. The day was extremely hot and humid, even for the Karibbean, still hordes of human and not-human scum swarmed about the pirate port. Despite the weather, the Commodore felt he had planned the operation well. A series of rickety but servicable ramps connected the shanties to each other. By making use of these structures his troops would not need to deal with the unpredictable crowds to secure the hated cannon...

Post Battle
The elves were a little off their game becase of the weather, but the storm of arrows still took a hideous toll on the T2 skinks. The Sea Patrol captured the cannon.

Chacatoo liberated a parrot from an unguarded merchant stall, but otherwise the attack was a disaster for the Guardians who suffered 7 casualties to the Sea Patrol's 1 (a zealot from thier new temple...) The skink brave Two Emerald Five was killed.

Sea Patrol--2 CPs
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Ye Great Gunne

An Interview with Miss Charity Snow of the Three Sisters establishment, Torktuga after the recent unpleasantness concerning the West Gunne.

"She was wild I tell ye, not wild like me, but WILD ye ken? I mean I likes the feathers and fur look too. Only I draws the line at wearing skink hide and shrunken elf heads! Oi! The smell! She had no shame, I tell ye that. I told her she would fit right in. Be a good earner right off, too, ye take away the elf heads and the sharp and pointy things. That girl had more knives than I ever seen before.

Sure we heard the ruckus. The windows was open after all. Still it was hot out and she was so interested in my dresses and such. I was trying to improve her make-up, just between us, the girl uses WAY too much eyeliner. We tried everything, khol, rouge, ye name it. She was so dark from the sun...

Oh yes the battle. Well we didn't pay much attention, ye ken? There be screams and shouting most days in Torktuga and the boys all love to shoot off their toys now don't they? Then there was this shrill scream and she said something un-lady-like and rushed off. Strangest thing."

Post Battle
playtable wrote:
I forgot to use 1 of my lasguns, BS6, all game.  I think Zerynthia fell asleep. Bob won, I failed my 1st rout test. Musamba II, pygmy hunter died again.

Glad GenCon is over! I couldn't afford another day.

The Reiklanders claim the cannon. Two Marksmen were killed. The cannon was sold to provide funds to replace them.

Pale Moons--1 CP
Reiklanders--2 CPs

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 21:49; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012 - 23:56

I'm afraid that means you HAVE to do a GenCon report complete with photos. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill   Karibbean Moonrise:  The Revenge of Bloody Bill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karibbean Moonrise: The Revenge of Bloody Bill
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next