Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Empty
PostSubject: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeThu 6 Oct 2011 - 2:52

So this is a pretty vane project. I wrote a pestilens list for my group the other week cause another player wanted to play one, and I ended up liking it so much that I picked up a box of plague monks and got to work. You can see the list here if you like: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5804p25-skaven-list-revising-clans-mors-and-eshin-lists-pg2-9-29 I'm starting off with 3 Monk Initiates armed with daggers, clubs, and slings, aka the cheesiest starting equipment possible. Made the slings out of thing strips of styrene. I think they look ok, though I wish I had started with darker greens, maybe something closer to how they look on the box.

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up DSC01594

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up DSC01605

I'm planning on making the Plague Priest out of the Pestilens special character (whos name I can't remember), the sorcerer out of the Plague Priest from the plague furnace, the plague monks out of more of these guys from the regiment and later replace them with censer bearers once they get censers, and eventually a plagued rat ogre out of a river troll with rat ogre parts. Whew. Comments and especially criticism welcome.
Back to top Go down
luckyjoe
General
General
luckyjoe

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeThu 6 Oct 2011 - 3:23

They look very nice. The slings are very well done, and I like the color scheme you used.
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeThu 6 Oct 2011 - 4:17

thanks man. Almost immediately after taking these pics I decided that their bases were way too boring, so I took them off and sculpted some sidewalk lookin' stuff on them which will hopefully help liven them up a bit.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeThu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:26

VERY COOL Rat Guys! I love the way you did the green robes & the sling color contrasts nicely; the overall effect is perfect for the Little Disease Psychos. The only critique I could have come up with you are already correcting; i.e., the plain bases. VERY NICELY DONE! I'm looking forward to your additions to the Crew. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2011 - 3:23

thanks deaf. I replaced their bases with new ones i sculpted some stone work onto, and the effect is much nicer.

Made up two Plague Monks (the champion versions). I decided since I'm making most of the band out of near identical models that I should color code them, I went with darker colors on these two. They're armed with slings, clubs, and plague swords. They'll be replaced with Censer Bearers once I can afford plague censers for them.

Skirit:

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up DSC01612

Viskt:

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up DSC01611

and my two Plague Novices (the youngbloods). Went with lighter colors on them. They're armed with daggers, slings, and clubs. Once my champions get their censers, these novices will be inheriting the plague swords.

Skleet:

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up DSC01610

Rhakis:

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up DSC01609

enjoy!

Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

Trading Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2011 - 8:19

Nice looking figures so far! Especially like plaguemonks scroll and book.
Those new bases are also looking way better than ones in first pics.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2011 - 11:59

VERY COOL ADDITIONS! I like the variation in colors on the Rat Guys robes...it seems more natural with differences from one mini to the next. The scroll & book turned out especially well. AND the bases look TERRIFIC! Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011 - 18:30

awesome plague rats! Did you ever make the river troll/rat ogre hybrid? Are those bases done with green stuff?
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilens Warband starting up   Clan Pestilens Warband starting up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Pestilens Warband starting up
Page 1 of 1