Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Traffic on TBMF

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Trading Reputation : 0

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011 - 0:52

How much traffic does this site get?
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011 - 23:47

More than the M25! Wink

Why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011 - 23:50

shotguncoffee wrote:
How much traffic does this site get?

Enough...why do you ask? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011 - 13:33

depends if there are roadworks and when rush hour is, Razz

Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011 - 15:17

I am just curious to see how much traffic a "dead" great game draws after 11 years. So please let me you if you can Smile
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011 - 21:54

I'm sure administrators can see stats for the site's traffic. if not you could keep record of bottom of the front page

this is a copy paste of a few seconds ago:

Our users have posted a total of 69010 messages
We have 1055 registered users
The newest registered user is Umbrage
In total there are 37 users online :: 7 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 2 Bots
Most users ever online was 87 on Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 13:47
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011 - 13:32

What I am thinking of it: How many VISITS does it get per day Smile

You would need a friendly admin to release that info. If they want.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011 - 13:56

shotguncoffee wrote:
What I am thinking of it: How many VISITS does it get per day Smile

You would need a friendly admin to release that info. If they want.

Actually, it would take an Administrator who was interested in the subject & had nothing else to do with their time. To be fair about it, I did make an effort to draw the Administrators notice to the subject.
You might get a similar report on forum activity by asking Asp how active his forum is. Deaf Nala Smiley
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011 - 13:57

actually, I think an admin can just copy-paste this out of Google-analytics.

but its okay if you don't want to. thanks for the effort though Smile
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011 - 14:46

I don't think TBMF has google-analytics set up - it doesn't look like it on a quick "view source".
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011 - 15:23

You are welcome. Cruel Reality is at the moment taking precedence in the lives of my fellow admins/mods. Reality & I parted ways a long time ago; SO I'll try to give you a somewhat more complete answer.

I think that the numbers would not give you a very accurate view of the state of "The Game"; e.g., we have 1,055 registered users. That sounds impressive; however, of those 1,055, I can fairly safely say that only 1/8 are actively involved on the forum. This doesn't mean that the remaining 7/8 aren't involved in "The Game"; it merely means that, for whatever reasons, they do not have the time or inclination to be more involved with the Forum itself.

I am working on the presumption that by a "dead game" you mean a game that is not being supported by its creator(s). Until recently, that sort of support thingy was an alien concept with moi. With virtually all the games I've been involved with over some fifty years in this grand obsession, the creator of the rules ended his support with the sale of the rules. Thereafter it was up to the purchaser/player to provide their own support/stimulus/motivation. Considering that G.W.'s focus is on securing their financial well being above all other considerations, it is probably healthier that they are not actively involved with Mordheim & its sister games.

Mordheim & games of its genre are alive & prospering because of the type of person that is drawn to them, folks for whom they, the game that is, are abiding passions. At the risk of casting a disparaging image on my fellows, I'm that sort of person...after all these years I love the Beasty as much as when I rolled my first die [actually, back then, we flipped pennies Suspect ]. If you'd like a decent idea about the health of "The Game" & the activity on the Forum, just check out how many posts I've made in my not-so-long stay here.
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011 - 15:55

DeafNala wrote:

... the creator of the rules ended his support with the sale of the rules. Thereafter it was up to the purchaser/player to provide their own support/stimulus/motivation. Considering that G.W.'s focus is on securing their financial well being above all other considerations, it is probably healthier that they are not actively involved with Mordheim & its sister games.

Mordheim & games of its genre are alive & prospering because of the type of person that is drawn to them, folks for whom they, the game that is, are abiding passions. At the risk of casting a disparaging image on my fellows, I'm that sort of person...after all these years I love the Beasty as much as when I rolled my first die [actually, back then, we flipped pennies ]..

Amen!
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb 2011 - 22:02

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Traffic on TBMF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traffic on TBMF   Traffic on TBMF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traffic on TBMF
Page 1 of 1