Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand

Go down 
+14
Trulsa
Myntokk
Andy
magokiron
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Konqueror
witch hunter commander
Ashton
cianty
Erkwin
matt
Tagnator
Admin Tom
DeafNala
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 13:01

I was first wondering - haven't I seen those before - And yes, I did Smile But I haven't commented on them so it is about time... I LOVE your gobbos deaf, and sometimes I wish that I could just come over to your place and look at your figures for real... And I am just longing to see more of your work...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 13:33

Trulsa wrote:
I was first wondering - haven't I seen those before - And yes, I did The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_smile But I haven't commented on them so it is about time... I LOVE your gobbos deaf, and sometimes I wish that I could just come over to your place and look at your figures for real... And I am just longing to see more of your work...

I was kind of surprised to see the Lads had escaped from the dusty back of this section myself.
They've grown to two full all-painted-up War Bands with a third underway.
I'm happy you like them...they're pretty pleased about it themselves.

Drop by whenever your in the neighborhood...wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 6:35

DeafNala wrote:
wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.
Man, oh man.

That will be a dream.

I think I'm THE ONLY Mordheim gamer in my country (Nearly got to blackmail some friend to have a game The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_sad).

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 8:41

DeafNala wrote:
Trulsa wrote:
I was first wondering - haven't I seen those before - And yes, I did The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_smile But I haven't commented on them so it is about time... I LOVE your gobbos deaf, and sometimes I wish that I could just come over to your place and look at your figures for real... And I am just longing to see more of your work...

I was kind of surprised to see the Lads had escaped from the dusty back of this section myself.

Drop by whenever your in the neighborhood...wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.

Yeah, if I ever go to the US I will for sure make my best to go to a place near gamers to be able to visit some Wink What else could you do in the states? Get shot at? Strange enough I have never had a wish to go there, except för Area 51, that would be really cool Very Happy But I guess that they wouldn't let me in and show me their secrets... but now as I write it on a public forum they will come and abduct me or something What a Face
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 9:02

Trulsa wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
Trulsa wrote:

Yeah, if I ever go to the US I will for sure make my best to go to a place near gamers to be able to visit some The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_wink What else could you do in the states? Get shot at? Strange enough I have never had a wish to go there, except för Area 51, that would be really cool The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_biggrin But I guess that they wouldn't let me in and show me their secrets... but now as I write it on a public forum they will come and abduct me or something The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Fresse

LMAO get shot at! Not everythng u watch on the news is how it is in this great nation. But there are good gamers who are gun toters The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_wink The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 53202
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 11:29

The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Lol Being a member of the TBMF community, in addition to being A LOT OF FUN, has been an enlightening experience as an American...it's proved to be like looking in the mirror & not seeing the person I expected to be looking back at me. To quite a great number of folk living outside of the States, we are apparently viewed as a nation of gunslingers. Once upon a time America was a refuge from oppression, a land of hope, & freedom...I think we MAY have screwed up BIG TIME.

magokiron wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.
Man, oh man.

That will be a dream.

I think I'm THE ONLY Mordheim gamer in my country (Nearly got to blackmail some friend to have a game The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_sad).

Best wishes.

That's my dream also, my friend. One of my possible relocation sites is Texas. For a REAL adventure, I could hop a bus loaded down with Mordheim gear & head South for the BIG SHOWDOWN in Mexico City, or you could head up North for the El Paso Shootout...sounds like a FINE dream to moi. The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 16:36

...Maybe Tom should organise (or co-organise) a huge Boring Mordheim Meeting that lasts for a week or so and we'll have the most HUGE campaign ever The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 18:46

We should get a mordheim showdown in the states sometime. I wonder how many of us live in Oregon, i know Mr.Chair and I both do Smile ?

That would be awesome, several tables, lots of minis, and lots of TBMF friends!
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 20:38

Well, I'm Belgian/European, so I vote for a US version and a European one The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 21:20

AND an Australian/New Zealand Meet; followed by THE BIG TOM INTERNATIONAL SHOW DOWN...if we do it equidistant, I figure it would take place somewhere in the jungles of Costa Rica. The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 1:01

...And then we'll make it a Lustria Campaign! The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 6:41

DeafNala, I don't know you that well, but your name regularly comes up in our Mordheim games as someone we would love to play with and meet.

It's awesome to finally see some more of your work! The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 7:11

Figgy wrote:
DeafNala, I don't know you that well, but your name regularly comes up in our Mordheim games as someone we would love to play with and meet.

I am best loved by people who don't know me...I'd NEVER willingly associate with me. That aside, I would LOVE to get to meet & game with SO MANY of the Guys & Gals that grace this Forum...yourself included. Who knows what the future holds? Maybe someday we'll meet across a gaming table. The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Figgy wrote:
It's awesome to finally see some more of your work! The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Glad you liked the Lads. I have somemore threads with photos floating around. Minis I do for other Folk tend toward a more realistic quality; my own stuff has a cartoony feel...I'm a fan of the absurd. The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 7:16

Right there with yah Deaf.

What proppa gobbo/orc player isn't a fan of the absurd? The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 17:22

DeafNala wrote:

Well, I guess the Night Goblins should look stoned, although not quite THAT stoned. Actually that's my latest priming tech: a wash type coat of black with a white dry brush. It kind of gives me the bright effects of a white undercoat & the shading of a black, but mostly it makes it easier to see detailing on the mini.THIS IS A SECRET TECHNIQUE: DON'T TELL ANYONE. Suspect

Then GREAT MINDS think a like deaf! I too stumbled upon this technique, whilst trying to mix black shading with white undercoat! I did one black undercoat with white drybrush (makes it VERY easy to see the details indeed!) and one with white undercoat with a black ink. The drybrush wins it by far!

Anyway, back on topic:

Awesome goblins! or Some Awe-ing Gobbo's! they are sweet! that is, if gobbo's can be described as sweet Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2