Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Free Brotherhood

Go down 
+9
Horatius
Soulblight
Pervavita
RationalLemming
Von Kurst
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Figgy
numbertenox
mweaver
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kitsunae
Warrior
Warrior
Kitsunae

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Oct 2014 - 23:36

Oh hey thornz! Wondering when I was going to bump into you here!

mweaver wrote:
But the Merchant is certainly well worth every crown. I have never played with a thief HS, and don't remember coming across the Trickster Priest before.

mweaver, I think he means the Trickster Priest of Ranald, found in the Miracle Workers supplement here.

Merchants and Thieves are pretty much staple for our group. Everyone loves to use them, and 90% of the time the Thief is incredibly helpful. The other 10% he just gets caught and hanged...
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Oct 2014 - 0:11

Thanks. Never seen that before - I assume it is a fan-made supplement? I will have to give it a read through.
Back to top Go down
Kitsunae
Warrior
Warrior
Kitsunae

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Oct 2014 - 0:25

Yes it is a fan-made one, done by the same guy(s) that made Border Town Burning. It's good stuff, never used it myself, but others in our group have made use of it.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Oct 2014 - 3:54

I appreciate your bringing it to my attention. It does look interesting.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Oct 2014 - 5:45

Still off topic... have a look here for more Mutiny in Mariengburg material which is where the Miracle Workers article comes from: http://libermalefic.blogspot.com.au/
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Oct 2014 - 6:03

Will do, and thanks.
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Oct 2014 - 2:13

I have just had a further look at the rules:

What about making Blunderbuss 0-3 and making them Humans only? Balancing blunderbuss availability and making humans a bit more desirable?

Keeping Heavy Armour off is generally a great thing! But a dwarf without heavy Armour... Really?

I love the inclusion of pistols (yarrrr!), but no duelling pistols?

Where are the Rapiers? I though they would be in there for sure!

Skills: I love a direct copy and paste from the original pirate warband! What about peg legs & hook hands?
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Oct 2014 - 17:11

Thanks for the suggestions, thornz.

What about making Blunderbuss 0-3 and making them Humans only? Balancing blunderbuss availability and making humans a bit more desirable?

I generally do take a fair number of human crew; they are good value for the gold, and are less likely to be restricted by the captains and first mates you choose.

Keeping Heavy Armour off is generally a great thing! But a dwarf without heavy Armour... Really?

Really! Heavy armor and fighting on the high seas do not mix. Also, remember all of these guys are not going to be inclined to fit with racial norms, which is one reason they are hanging out with the other weirdos.

Almost all of the captains and first mates can take dueling pistols. They are too fancy and expensive for the average flea-bitten crewman to take. I don't think there are any official GW warband where henchman can take DPs, are there?

Where are the Rapiers? I though they would be in there for sure!

Tilean captains and first mates can take them. Again, I figured it was not a good idea balance wise to make them generally available. Although I have never gotten back around to working on the FB skills list, one of the skills was going to modify the search-for-a-rare item roll, to emphasize their access to special, um, markets.
Back to top Go down
Caledore
Champion
Champion
Caledore

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:48

mweaver wrote:

Almost all of the captains and first mates can take dueling pistols.  They are too fancy and expensive for the average flea-bitten crewman to take.  I don't think there are any official GW warband where henchman can take DPs, are there?

Non-marksmen henchmen in human mercenary bands can. I've never seen anyone actually shell out the money to buy duelling pistols for henchmen, but it is available on their lists.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Oct 2014 - 21:15

I may have known that at one point, but long ago forgot it. Probably because I pretty much only hire marksmen and swordsmen. Thanks for pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2014 - 9:08

Hey man,

After a good review:

I think the maximum number of warband members is to many. This should be taken down to 12 or maybe 13?? The reason why is you can potentially have a lot of warband members with amazing base stat lines/elves & Ogres or Dwarves, and be the envy of everyone.

I LOVE the mongrel lot rule!

I think the hired sword list does need to be trimmed, I started a list but it got to long very quickly. Maybe only HS that you have represented as a race of the actual crew? Ghost Striders will get silly quickly!

Skills: just copy over the original pirate warband skills? However I love the skill where you can run climb and charge all in a single turn.

Keep up the good work and don't let the turkeys get you down!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2014 - 14:23

Thanks, thornz. You make a good point about the number of crewmen.

To be honest, I don't recall that I gave a lot of attention to the hired sword issue.
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Oct 2014 - 5:15

mweaver wrote:
To be honest, I don't recall that I gave a lot of attention to the hired sword issue.
Maybe even only give the warband access to the races of HS and DP that the warband has as Races of their HEROS,

It's quite limiting but simple and easy to write up. It will mean that I can only ever get a Ogre HS if my crew Ogre gets LGT.

It also means that I can't get any of the shadow elf HS (Ghost Strider...) or Chaos Dwarf ones, or Black Orks... They are all a bit silly/anti fluffy anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Free Brotherhood   The Free Brotherhood - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Free Brotherhood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2