Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916)

Go down 
+4
DeafNala
shanks
Tonka
folketsfiende
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 10:40

DeafNala wrote:
VERY IMPRESSIVE progress! While the assault vehicles are still my favorites, the air support really are FINE LOOKING. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Thanks Nala! The assault vehicles are lovely sculpts, but the real money spent-point value in games ratio is less than good... The feeling you get when gearing up for a skid across the board to eventually roast Marines with the heavy flamers is fantastic though!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2012 - 14:44

Being a sucker for Flyers in 40K (even before 6th ed buffed them insanely) the new Forgeworld Avenger Strike Fighter was naturally a must have. When I got hold of the rules and saw that it was meant for Imperial Guard and Sisters of Battle, my two main armies, I was even more excited. I bought one as soon as I could, and started painting. The (perhaps strange) colour combo is meant to reflect that it will see usage in two different armies. I attached some SoB details and two Missile launchers (for a grand total of two Missile launchers, one Avenger Bolt Cannon, two Lascannons and one Heavy stubber!).

folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Avenger4
folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Avenger3
folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Avenger1

The impressive weaponry as seen when standing in the arc of fire:
folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Avenger2

"Crush the enemy and hear the lamentation of their women!"
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:04

Thanks for the tip...that is just TOO COOL to be missed. I think that the 40K Flyers are among the best pieces in the game. Even without the double purposing in mind the color pattern is really striking. The brushwork is TERRIFIC...a bit of fancy scenic work on the base would make the model a centerpiece. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012 - 0:08

DeafNala wrote:
Thanks for the tip...that is just TOO COOL to be missed. I think that the 40K Flyers are among the best pieces in the game. Even without the double purposing in mind the color pattern is really striking. The brushwork is TERRIFIC...a bit of fancy scenic work on the base would make the model a centerpiece. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Thanks! The model is excellent (though a bit tricky to assemble), so I merely had to dab some paint on to make it look decent. I'm not much for fancy scenic work, but if you got some good (and preferrably not too complicated) ideas, I might try them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

folketsfiendes Elysian Imperial Guard (New pics 120916)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2