Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Vampires WIP

Go down 
+8
cianty
Popmouth
GreyWolf
Rudeboy
Citizen Sade
Pretaboire
DeafNala
TheNinthKnight
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Vampires WIP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampires WIP   Vampires WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 19:49

Here is a super easy Necrarch vampire conversion. Face from Corpse Cart and body from Empire Wizard kit.

Vampires WIP - Page 2 Vamp1
Back to top Go down
alveiz
Champion
Champion
alveiz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Vampires WIP   Vampires WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:02

Koyote, pretty nice conversion on the Necrarch vampire mini... I would like to ask you how did you hold the head of the mage and slice it? did you use a special tool or just handy held it while doing the knife slicing work?
Im pretty bad at self-made joints and I am afraid I will miss up when dealing with the greens.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Vampires WIP   Vampires WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 21:29

Nice work on Alyssandra! That's a great looking vampire, in my opinion. The "strategically placed ribbons" don't really bother me all that much - I mean since when have vampires not been seductors/seductresses? It's only natural that a female vampire would choose to appear seductive to lure her victims.

Actually, I like her much better than GW's current vampire models, which are mostly way over the top. I do like the winged vampire lord model, though, and I was a fan of the late 5th/6th ed. vampire models they put out.
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Vampires WIP   Vampires WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 21:42

alveiz wrote:
Koyote, pretty nice conversion on the Necrarch vampire mini... I would like to ask you how did you hold the head of the mage and slice it? did you use a special tool or just handy held it while doing the knife slicing work?
Im pretty bad at self-made joints and I am afraid I will miss up when dealing with the greens.
Just handy with a knife. I suggest that you use a sharp, straight blade and make many small cuts rather than fewer larger cuts.
Back to top Go down
TheNinthKnight
Warrior
Warrior
TheNinthKnight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Vampires WIP   Vampires WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010 - 2:41

Quote :
Here is a super easy Necrarch vampire conversion. Face from Corpse Cart and body from Empire Wizard kit.

That's a really nice job. Very impressed with the face switching. Smile Y'know, the corpse cart sprue also has a bunch of severed heads that would probably look great hanging off of the scythe.

I'm in the planning stages for my own necrach, Malvestrius. He'll have the head from the winged vampire and one of Konrad von Carstein's swords, and I'm gonna base the rest of him off of a flagellant body... once I get my hands on a spare flagellant body...

Quote :
Nice work on Alyssandra! That's a great looking vampire, in my opinion. The "strategically placed ribbons" don't really bother me all that much - I mean since when have vampires not been seductors/seductresses? It's only natural that a female vampire would choose to appear seductive to lure her victims.

Thank you very much. Speaking of, I finished painting her.

Vampires WIP - Page 2 Alyssandra-1
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Vampires WIP   Vampires WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010 - 20:05

VERY NICE piece of kit bashing...the new face is VERY in character. AND the Vampire Babe has progressed WONDERFULLY. WELL DONE! Vampires WIP - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires WIP   Vampires WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampires WIP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2