Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sartori
General
General
sartori

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Empty
PostSubject: Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)   Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2010 - 22:37

Hey all

I've never been a huge fan of the Random Happenings rules from Town Cryer, but I do like the idea behind it. I decided to take some of the ideas there, and create my own version that would use a deck of cards instead of die rolls. I used Twan van Laarhoven's Magic Set Editor to create the deck. It can be found at http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net

I like the idea of using a deck of cards because it's fun, visual, and my gaming group consists of quite a few ex-Magic: The Gathering junkies. Smile

My deck consists of 21 cards that have various events on them, and 21 cards that do nothing (called All is Quiet cards). If you decide to try using this deck (or making your own) feel free to adjust the amount of non-event cards to your liking.

If you want to use my deck or see an example of a deck, you can view the main event cards in a pdf here. The `All is Quiet' non-event cards can be found in a pdf here. The deck file for the magic set editor can be found here. I printed out the deck on heavy cardstock paper, cut them out and put them in card sleeves. The rules for the deck, and profiles for the various creatures found inside can be found here.

Just keep in mind that the rules were written for my campaign. Feel free to customize them for your own use.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyShaman
General
General
MonkeyShaman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)   Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 8:35

Oh no! cards! my other, other kryptonite!

Edit:
There seem to be a hidden word scrambler or language barrier here that Im not detecting.
The intended meaning being that it's my other personal weakness next to dice hoarding and
D1000 chart collecting.
It's been going on for weeks, I know my ability to communicate with other humans
after a longer stint of programming is decreased but I'm almost certain I make
sense most of the time at least. Suspect

Last edited by MonkeyShaman on Mon 11 Jan 2010 - 0:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ministryowaaagh.site50.net
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)   Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 11:22

MonkeyShaman wrote:

LOL
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)   Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 12:15

MonkeyShaman wrote:

Generally speaking I agree...I HATE card games & LOVE rolling dice. HOWEVER, as a solo gamer, the use of cards adds a random factor to an otherwise predictable game. Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Suspect
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)   Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 12:52

I like both cards and rolling, but for me the game has plenty of die rolling going on already. Like I said, my group is all ex-magic players so we are actually looking forward to something different (for Mordheim).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)   Random Happenings variant (rules + cards) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Happenings variant (rules + cards)
Page 1 of 1