Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim? Empty
PostSubject: Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim?   Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim? Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jan 2010 - 3:35

magokiron wrote:
As you have been playing this, do you REALLY recommend LotHS as a system?

Is is composed EXCLUSIVELY of human pirates or are there other fantasy races as well?

Thanks

I set up this thread to answer magokiron's questions. And the answer is... yes I do recomend this game and yes its exclusivley human pirates.

Now the system of LotHS is the LOTR skirmish combat system combined with a refinded version of the Mordheim campagin system. Your heroes and henchmen gain experience in exactly th esame way as Mordheim. They gain stat increases and skills in same manner too. In fact it even has the lads got talent henchmen advancement!

The LOTR system is very diffrenent from the Warhammer system in both how you register hits and resolve multiple combats. Two on one combats are faster and more streamlined in the LOTR system. The blackpowder rules are better than Mordheim in my view. You can force enemy models to duck for cover even if you fail to wound them. There are no rules for stunning models however.

Warband (called crews in LotHS) options are more limited compared to Mordheim, but they are still fun to play. Pirates get more close compat skills, the Royal Navy shooting skills and so forth.

Rob
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Trading Reputation : 0

Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim?   Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim? Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jan 2010 - 4:25

Well, thanks for that.

I can have some idea now, with the LotR reference, but without the option to play other fantasy races, I think I'll pass this rule system.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down

Legends of the High Seas how does it compare to Mordheim?
Page 1 of 1