Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here

Go down 
+17
Alex
Pervavita
Dribble Joy
d.j.
Shinobi_8745
smokezombie
Von Kurst
gewaltatron
BalrogTheBuff
Saranor
Meandzija
Wafflefanny
Dahag
Thorwald
catferret
Meister Ostalgie
cianty
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 11:19

I would say that if there are no skills that you can take ( ie you've allready taken them all ) than reroll the advance, if it's a case of there being skills left that you don't want to take than you probably have to suck it up and take one anyway Sad
Thats my take on it anyway.
Back to top Go down
d.j.

d.j.

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 17:06

First of all, hello everyone! Have some problem here in Poland with Hired Swords. Everyone here uses them in single game, outside campaign. What is the story with this guys? Can one use them in campaign only, or is it possible to put them in ones warband even in single battle?
Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 17:29

One off games are made using the normal warband creation rules as at the beginning of a campaign. You simply pay the Hire Price to include them in the warband.
Back to top Go down
d.j.

d.j.

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 17:38

So U actualy can create warband using only 3 heros and full hired swords party for single game? that is not much fair...
Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 17:50

Remember you can only have one of each type of hired sword. So you can't take 10 elf rangers.
Back to top Go down
d.j.

d.j.

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 17:53

Still, who's gonna take any one alse? It is always better to take HS then a regular, it's cheeper, better and U do not have to pay his wages after the battle Sad
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 20:27

Thats what house rules are for. You can limit to just 1 Hired Sword if thats what you want.
Back to top Go down
d.j.

d.j.

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2011 - 18:23

Damn it! I studied rulebook again and again and i see very clearly, that hired swords are only in one section: Campaign. There is not even a single word about them in single battle section. I guess the intention was to use Hired Swords in Campaign only from the very begining, why alse there is no mention of them in any other part of the rulebook? I read the campaign section and it says that i can hire them when i create my warband, or later during the campaign. Campaign! It is campaign section, so it covers warband creation in campaign, not single battle.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011 - 15:11

If you want to use the hired sword in a single game do so. There is nothing stopping you. However I think that using a warband with only three heroes and a bunch of hired swords would be a bit lame (although technically you can take a leader with dagger and two really cheap henchmen with daggers for more gcs for hired swords) Laughing

Since mordheim is anyway designed to be played as a campaign a lot of the rules are centered around that.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 14:05

I have a question about talented lads and limited henchmen groups, any help is appreciated:

Say you have 3 Beastmen in a Possessed warband, the maximum number allowed, and one of them is raised to become a hero, can his henchmen spot be filled by a new Beastman - ie raising the total number in the band to four?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 14:13

I would say no since you still have 3 beastmen in total even though one of them is a hero
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 14:20

Alex wrote:
I would say no since you still have 3 beastmen in total even though one of them is a hero

I'd agree, but when you get into less clear cut units in other warbands, I think it gets a bit tricky - for instance what about swordsmen in mercenary warbands? They're just humans but they do have superior CC skills.

I asked more out of curiousity than anything - personally I'd push any campaign the question was raised in to take a conservative route and say raised heroes count to the maximum, but I think its grey enough it could cause problems.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 18:32

it's not about race but about "what" the unit type is.
Take Mercs, you can have 0-7 Marksmen, if one gets LGT then he is still a Marksmen and thus counts to your 0-7 max.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2012 - 0:54

This is definitely a frequently asked question. Some members of my group ask every campaign just to see if the answer will change, but its easily answered. The new hero doesn't become something else just because he's now a hero, he remains whatever he was, be it a swordsman or a marksman or a beastman.
Back to top Go down
GodGoblin
Warrior
Warrior
GodGoblin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2012 - 14:02

The Witch Hunters rule Burn The Witch gives Hatred to spellcasters, does this include War-Priests and Sisters of Sigmar Matriachs?

I would say yes as if we were put against each other the Witch Hunters would justify it to themselves that the enemy is corrupt and impure etc. And from a purely mechanical standpoint I believe they are for all purposes Spell Casters.

Just wanted clarification as the campaign starting soon my Witch Hunters will be put against the Outlaws of Stirwood Forest who also get a War-Priest so asking in preparation.
Back to top Go down
Lemariont
Warrior
Warrior
Lemariont

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 0:25

Hello from Spain.

(I hope this will be the questions site..)

Have the Warplock pistol of skavens the rule hand to hand? in the description of skavens warband no apear it, seem only to shot, no for close combat. But is so strange... is a pistol... isn´t it?
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 5:30

i've always treated warplock pistols as a pistol variation in all aspects. But now that you mention it, it is rather strange that the weapon itself has so little in the way of discription.
However the dramatis personae uses his warplocks in cc Wink
Back to top Go down
Lemariont
Warrior
Warrior
Lemariont

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 11:17

Hello Stronzo,

Yes is so strange, in description of Vestik seem like he can use it.

But in the beginign i thougt was an errata but in englisg rulebook it the same, without hand-to-hand rule.

I usually play as a pistol with the rule hand-to-hand, but a club´s player speak about it and we have the dude now.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 14:33

With no official Rules Review in sight I am locking this thread for now. If things ever change it will be unlocked again.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here   Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim Rules Review & FAQ - Post your questions here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2