Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A few rules questions please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

A few rules questions please Empty
PostSubject: A few rules questions please   A few rules questions please Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 3:15

Our game group is a week into our Mordheim gaming and we are loving it. We have run into a few questions that we have not been able to answer with research.

Shooting: Shooting at a knocked down or stunned model. If I am able to shoot at a knocked down or stunned model how is this treated? Is the sequence carried out as if there is no difference than shooting at any other model? In close combat an attack against knocked down or stunned is handled differently so we are wondering. I don't see people dodging crossbow bolts whether standing or not.

Movement: "A model can leap over a barrier that is less than 1" high. This does not affect its movement in any way." Would this mean not just hopping a fence but leaping up onto a surface that meets the less than 1 inch rule? How about the mounted rule for horses leaping up 2 inches?

Movement: Very Difficult ground, movement is reduced to quarter rate. Will my dwarves still get movement of 3/4 inch or must it beincrements of a full inch?

Movement: We are coming from playing Songs of Blades and Heroes, movement cannot be broken at all so we are learning to change this way of thinking. If I charge can I break the charge distance any number of times to weave around terrain obstacles as long as I stay within the movement limit?

Skills: Shooting: Quick Shot and Nimble. Nimble states it cannot be combined with Quick Shot, may I have both skills but no combine them? As in I can stand still and shoot twice with Quick Shot, but if I move I cannot shoot twice but I can shoot my crossbow with Nimble?

Exploration: (3 3 3) Prisoners: "...one of the prisoners decides he wishes to join the warband. If you can afford to equip the new recruit with weapons and armour, you may add a new Henchman to any of your
human Henchman groups" I play dwarves, could he be a dwarf? I suppose we would house rule it and say yes, but if you think no is there an option for a non human warband that wouldnt zombie/sacrifice/enslave the prisoners?

Campaign: Snacking: Pretzels: Aren't these great for gaming? Tasty, and not really any residue to get on models, terrain, playsheets!

Thanks for any replies! cheers
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: A few rules questions please   A few rules questions please Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 4:13

Mike wrote:

Shooting: Shooting at a knocked down or stunned model. If I am able to shoot at a knocked down or stunned model how is this treated? Is the sequence carried out as if there is no difference than shooting at any other model? In close combat an attack against knocked down or stunned is handled differently so we are wondering. I don't see people dodging crossbow bolts whether standing or not.
Shooting at a Knocked Down or stunned model is treated the same as shooting at a standing model. You must hit, wound and roll to see the effect of that wound. The fact that the model is already wounded is not a factor.

Mike wrote:

Movement: "A model can leap over a barrier that is less than 1" high. This does not affect its movement in any way." Would this mean not just hopping a fence but leaping up onto a surface that meets the less than 1 inch rule? How about the mounted rule for horses leaping up 2 inches?
To your first question, yes. This is also covered under the discussion of stairs, What mounted rule for horses? Horses and large creatures follow the same 1" rule as far as I am aware.

Mike wrote:

Movement: Very Difficult ground, movement is reduced to quarter rate. Will my dwarves still get movement of 3/4 inch or must it be increments of a full inch?
I don't understand the question. 1/4 of 3" seems to equal 3/4" every time I divide 3 by 1/4.

Mike wrote:

Movement: We are coming from playing Songs of Blades and Heroes, movement cannot be broken at all so we are learning to change this way of thinking. If I charge can I break the charge distance any number of times to weave around terrain obstacles as long as I stay within the movement limit?
I don't know what cannot be broken means, but I think the answer is you can weave around obstacles as long as you stay within your movement allowance and use the most direct route possible.

Mike wrote:
Skills: Shooting: Quick Shot and Nimble. Nimble states it cannot be combined with Quick Shot, may I have both skills but no combine them? As in I can stand still and shoot twice with Quick Shot, but if I move I cannot shoot twice but I can shoot my crossbow with Nimble?
Of course. What you may not do is move and shoot twice with your crossbow.

Mike wrote:
Exploration: (3 3 3) Prisoners: "...one of the prisoners decides he wishes to join the warband. If you can afford to equip the new recruit with weapons and armour, you may add a new Henchman to any of your
human Henchman groups" I play dwarves, could he be a dwarf? I suppose we would house rule it and say yes, but if you think no is there an option for a non human warband that wouldnt zombie/sacrifice/enslave the prisoners?
We house rule that he can be a dwarf, otherwise no there is no other option for non-human warbands that are not evil.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: A few rules questions please   A few rules questions please Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 6:50

Quote :
To your first question, yes. This is also covered under the discussion of stairs, What mounted rule for horses? Horses and large creatures follow the same 1" rule as far as I am aware.

Mounted Rules, p. 119 "A horse or warhorse may jump over an obstacle up to 2" in height with no movement penalty.

Quote :

I don't understand the question. 1/4 of 3" seems to equal 3/4" every time I divide 3 by 1/4.

Again, probably our difficulty coming from another rules set, measured or hex/square movement. Round off, etc. Question answered.

Back to top Go down
Louis
Captain
Captain
Louis

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: A few rules questions please   A few rules questions please Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 9:23

Von Kurst wrote:
We house rule that he can be a dwarf, otherwise no there is no other option for non-human warbands that are not evil.

What about Shadow Warriors? They are only mean. Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A few rules questions please   A few rules questions please Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 16:41

Mike wrote:

Mounted Rules, p. 119 "A horse or warhorse may jump over an obstacle up to 2" in height with no movement penalty.

Doh! Thanks for reminding me.Embarassed

Mike wrote:
Again, probably our difficulty coming from another rules set, measured or hex/square movement. Round off, etc. Question answered.
I fully understand. I haven't played a hex based game in years and I forgot my own confusion when I started these tabletop games.

Louis@Yes Shadow Warriors too. Hate those gits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few rules questions please   A few rules questions please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few rules questions please
Page 1 of 1