Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Request for tool supplier

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
General
General
Ash

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

Request for tool supplier Empty
PostSubject: Request for tool supplier   Request for tool supplier Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 23:31

So I've started making buildings using 3/8" square lumber as the frame and I've found my ability to keep the building square is somewhat limited. So does anyone know of a tool and/or supplier that will help me glue my lumber and be squared? Preferrably a smaller tool that I can use to square the inside and something larger to square the outside. I've heard of some machinist tools that can do this but I've never seen any for sale. I live in California so if someone knows a supplier in the states that would be great. But i'm willing to look anywhere as long as it's in english cause I'm an ignorant american Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Request for tool supplier   Request for tool supplier Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 23:43

LEGO is your friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Request for tool supplier   Request for tool supplier Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 3:02

You might be interested in something like the Angle plates or the Magnetic Gluing jig.

Micro-Mark http://www.micromark.com/SearchResult.aspx?deptIdFilter=0&searchPhrase=square
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Request for tool supplier   Request for tool supplier Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 5:36

@Trulsa
I've used LEGO on my Hirst arts buildings but when I made a right angle with them I found they still had a bit of movement and it caused a problem when the building got taller. Each level of bricks was a bit more off. Luckily it was a ruined building and I could easily cover the mistake. (actually the building in my avatar) I was using 2 wide LEGO bricks, I wonder if I made it 4 wide that would help. Though I may not have enough, I had to "borrow" from my younger brothers already...

@HornedRat
Oooo thanks again! You are a great resource of knowledge. That site has very cool stuff. Steel square, gluing jig, and angle plates are all what i'm looking for! Request for tool supplier Icon_cheers

Edit: 45min later: I want so many cool things from that site...sigh...someday, someday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request for tool supplier   Request for tool supplier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request for tool supplier
Page 1 of 1