Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights

Go down 
+8
Mo!
Da Bank
Kaptain Dedgob
Duce
Myntokk
StyrofoamKing
someone2040
SeiFeR-NL
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 18:20

Da Bank wrote:
Lady Olania of Brionne

Seems ok... maybe i will try her out sometime Smile
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 18:46

The reason I suggested decreasing Knights Errant to 0-3 rather than 0-5 wasn't so much a balance thing as it was for thematic purposes. Knights of any rank should retain some level of uniqueness and individuality. While this can be achieved simply through differing colors and heraldry on the models, I feel that limiting their numbers goes a long way in doing so as well. Furthermore, it makes a small group of knights supported by a large band of peasants (the more realistic situation in my mind) more likely.

However, balance-wise I do feel that you're fine with Knights Errant as 0-5.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 21:09

@Serf...I do think she is a bit cheap so keep that in mind.

@Serf....Stryofoam has a pretty good Bretonnian warband on paper also and I have chimed in on with him and MASTER for the Happy Elf Setting (Athel Loren) and I wrote one up a long long time ago.

@Myntokk...you are correct it can go either way.

I had a crazy thought about "heroic" points for Knights. You know something they strive for recognition and etc.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 4:51

Well, the ooooold Warhammer Quest Bret Knight gained 'honor' points. It was nice, in that it covered both 'perceived honor' (in his fame and public opinion), as well as personal honor (honorable deeds, even when no one is looking.) Might be the same as Experience points, might be a whole 'nother scale.

Here's a few off the top of my head:

~Grant Mercy - If your hero is in contact with a stunned opponent, instead of making an attack, the knight may offer Mercy to the downed foe that the Knight could attack. If the opponent refuses, he is attacked and removed as normal, with +1 experience going to the knight. If the opponent accepts, the opposing model is still removed from the game, but does NOT roll on the serious injurary chart. The Knight receives +2 honor points, and NO experience points.

~Giant Slayer- If your hero takes an unmounted model that is Large out of action, he receives +1 Honor Point, on top of his usual amount.

~Fearless Sacrifice- If your hero successfully passes a Fear test in order to intercept an opposing charge, he gains +1 Honor Point.

~First Blood- If the first model of yours to charge or become charged by an opponent is one of your knights, the knight receives +1 honor point.

~Steadfast - If your warband did not rout this game, he receives +1 Honor Point.

~Cowardice - If your warband voluntarily routed, your leader receives -1 Honor Point.

~Hiding - If the knight hid at least once this battle, he receives -1 honor point. (Once per battle only.)

Maybe they can be exchanged for Experience points, but only after a win (which means they'll stack up for a while, and then boost you ahead after a dry spell.)

Not unlike my 'Couragio' Points for the William Shakestange bard DP, although those didn't really stack.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 5:00

Personally I would treat "honor points" as experience, but as Styro pointed out have a set of special conditions under which the knight has the opportunity to gain extra xp (I really like the "give quarter" one, very chivalrous!).

Conversely, you could do something along the lines of "Border Town Burning's" warband goals, but instead have three or so goals that can be chosen independently by each knight, so that whenever he performs certain tasks he comes closer to achieving his goal and eventually gets some specific benefit for it.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 13:02

It would make a great Bretonnian campaign rules.

Do you guys remember back in a White Dwarf about 5 years ago they did something like this?

It would be great for the stylish and trendy Elf Setting of Athel Loren. Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 20:02

For Athel Loren? Hmm. Possibly. We already have them getting the bonus from the 'Gifts of the Lady' already, one more seems too much. Maybe submit it to the Moussilon folks, see if they can do anything with it?

If you DID do it as 'each knight has his own path', version, I'd make it a default starting 'attribute', just like the 'Personalities' I just suggested. Though, in this case, you'd randomly role to see what kind of knight you had:

1D6
1 - the Merciful (see above) - Gains 2 experience for granting mercy.
2 - the Averger - Keep track of the first model of your warband to go out of action, and which opposing model inflicted the injury. If your knight takes that opposing model out of action, your knight receives +1 Exp.
3 - the Giant Slayer - as above
4 - the Fearless - as above
5 - the Bold - If he is the first model in your warband to declare a charge, he receives +1 Experience.
6 - the Pious - If the hero survives the battle without going out of action, you may choose to NOT have him add an Exploration dice to the exploration dice pool, but instead spend his time in thoughtful prayer. If you do, the Hero gains +1 Experience.

You could create a few more, and use a D10. Maybe the 'Steadfast' and 'Cowardly' rules automatically apply to the leader.

Could be fun, when you think of it. It might be a great way to test out the various Bretonnian warbands: a Pure Bretonnian Tournement, a la joust? Test the original warband vs. Seifer's vs the Moussilon versions vs. the Master/Styro 'Chapel Guard' warband. Throw in some jousting mini-games, and you'd have a fun weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Nov 2009 - 7:52

Honor Points are a cool idea... but i guess not really fair to other warbands.

But they are pretty nice in Warhammer Quest... anywayz.... i'll pass on them for now
Back to top Go down
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 2:09

Quote :
questing knight 85
sword

errant knight 55
sword

errant knight 55
sword

squire 20
sword

squire 20
sword

squire 20
sword

2 Bowmen 70
longbows

2 Bowmen 80
longbows,swords

2Bowmen 80
longbows,swords

Halfling scout 15

I was Thinking about this list for a new campain ... the costes and choices are from the TC rules , what do u think?
It doesn't seems too bad...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garathielpaints
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 5:08

Can you take hired swords from the beginning?

I must say I find Bretonnian Knights on foot alittle .... unfitting really .... I pondered this idea for my own teak of the TC list, but I'll suggest it here if I haven't yet.

Starting Bretonnian Warband

Warhorse ..... 50-60gc
Horse ........... 25-30gc

Sort of representing them riding off from fair Bretonnia where Knight without a horse is merely a peasant who stole some armour.
Back to top Go down
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 10:42

But the swords are underpriced at 5co ... I'ts like I've taken a 50co discount for the band.

Thats a good 10%!

I think that come virtues are good (but i don't really understand what "special skill" could take the squires , which are limited to the questing and witch are viable for the errants ^^) ... the benediction is a good thing too ... An errant Knight could became a good shield for the entire warband.

Step Aside - Sprint - Virtue of +1d3''
Fortune & Rabbid

He could be a problem for a shooting warband! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 13:14

I'm afraid the 5gc swords is a typo.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 13:20

Mortimer wrote:
I'm afraid the 5gc swords is a typo.

The TC warband for bretonnians says 5 Gc for swords
Back to top Go down
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 20:08

Seifer what you think of that list? Could you get some inspiration from it for your work?

I think its a good one to start with the original rules ... in a long trip everything could happen.

Being robbed and our Horses get killed also.

Our Quest could pass between some disgraces before it ends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 0:31

garathiel wrote:
Seifer what you think of that list? Could you get some inspiration from it for your work?

I think its a good one to start with the original rules ... in a long trip everything could happen.

Being robbed and our Horses get killed also.

Our Quest could pass between some disgraces before it ends Very Happy

Yeah that's how i would do it i guess. But i don't like the squires... as they don't exist in 6th edition any more!
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:10

After paying a few games with these rules, we find them very ballanced...
So we are keeping them around, and i even play them now as my main warband....

And i loved my Marienburger's Warband also... (but i need to start painting them).

Only one more knight and my warband is complete!!!
Take a look here if you want to see them:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/miniatures-f2/warband-bretonnian-questing-knights-work-in-process-t2769.htm
Back to top Go down
SirFische

SirFische

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 6:29

Which rules are these? The one's at the front of the topic? I'm interested, I've often wondered why my knight are so damned expensive and I don't seem to get much. 50 gold for a ws 3 champion and the like.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 7:09

SirFische wrote:
Which rules are these? The one's at the front of the topic? I'm interested, I've often wondered why my knight are so damned expensive and I don't seem to get much. 50 gold for a ws 3 champion and the like.

The rules in the beginning of this topic are writen by me. Our gaming group figured if the optional rules don't work, write your own!

We played a few games with it, and think it is balanced. So feel free to use them, and post your findings!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3