Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights

Go down 
+8
Mo!
Da Bank
Kaptain Dedgob
Duce
Myntokk
StyrofoamKing
someone2040
SeiFeR-NL
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 5:48

Hmm. Well, the Knights of the Realm as henchmen seem a bit odd. However, having 3 S4 heroes with two WS4 Realm 'champions' seems a little unfair. Maybe 2 Squires instead or only 4 Heroes?

It would mean finding a more fair mix for the heroes, but Knights Errant (WS3) would make a great henchmen group. If they gained TLGT, it's like they were made a full knight, rather than a probationary one (and they have normal Warrior stats.)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 6:15

On the "knights as henchmen" issue that seems to be creating an impasse here - this is what I would do to maximize your options while maintaining the same troop types and keeping the flavor of the Bretonnians:

Heroes
1 Questing Knight Paragon
0-2 Questing Knights
0-2 Knights of the Realm

Henchmen
0-5 Knights Errant
Men-at-arms
Peasant Bowmen

Then add the following special rule to the entire warband:

Feudalism: The Bretonnians following a strict heirarchy on and off the field of battle. To represent this, no Man-at-arms or Peasant Bowman may be promoted to a Hero while there are Knights Errant Henchmen in the warband. Additionally, if there are any Men-at-Arms or Peasant Bowman heroes in the warband, no Knights Errant may be hired as they are unwilling to subject themselves to the leadership of the lowly peasants. However, if there are no knights occupying henchmen slots, Men-at-arms and Peasant Bowmen may be promoted to Heroes as normal.

This way, you potentially have more than just 1 type of promotable henchmen, and avoid an otherwise "vanilla" warband that is just a bunch of knights running around.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 6:05

Hmm. An interesting concept. It's basically 'Lowly Peasant' on the Peasants OR the knights errant, but not both.

If he did decide to go with that, I'd add the rule, "If a henchmen does roll TLGT, you may choose to reroll the henchmen advancement until a non-TLGT roll is made." That way, if you have your heart SET on peasant or knight heroes, you're not forced to have the opposite type...

Unless that the was the whole point, Myntokk, and I completely missed it.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 6:54

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Hmm. An interesting concept. It's basically 'Lowly Peasant' on the Peasants OR the knights errant, but not both.

If he did decide to go with that, I'd add the rule, "If a henchmen does roll TLGT, you may choose to reroll the henchmen advancement until a non-TLGT roll is made." That way, if you have your heart SET on peasant or knight heroes, you're not forced to have the opposite type...

Unless that the was the whole point, Myntokk, and I completely missed it.
Ooh good catch. I forgot that I needed to provide a follow through in the event that a peasant henchie rolled LGT. So it should read like this:

Feudalism: The Bretonnians following a strict heirarchy on and off the field of battle. To represent this, no Man-at-arms or Peasant Bowman may be promoted to a Hero while there are Knights Errant Henchmen in the warband. If the result "The lad's got talent" is rolled for a Man-at-arms or Peasant Bowman while there are Knights Errant Henchmen in the warband as well, the result must be re-rolled. However, if there are no knights occupying henchmen slots, Men-at-arms and Peasant Bowmen may be promoted to Heroes as normal. Additionally, if there are any Men-at-Arms or Peasant Bowman in the warband who have been promoted to Heroes, no Knights Errant may be hired as they are unwilling to subject themselves to the leadership of the lowly peasants.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 7:31

Quote :
Ooh good catch. I forgot that I needed to provide a follow through in the event that a peasant henchie rolled LGT. So it should read like this:

Feudalism: The Bretonnians following a strict heirarchy on and off the field of battle. To represent this, no Man-at-arms or Peasant Bowman may be promoted to a Hero while there are Knights Errant Henchmen in the warband. If the result "The lad's got talent" is rolled for a Man-at-arms or Peasant Bowman while there are Knights Errant Henchmen in the warband as well, the result must be re-rolled. However, if there are no knights occupying henchmen slots, Men-at-arms and Peasant Bowmen may be promoted to Heroes as normal. Additionally, if there are any Men-at-Arms or Peasant Bowman in the warband who have been promoted to Heroes, no Knights Errant may be hired as they are unwilling to subject themselves to the leadership of the lowly peasants.

Ok, i will add this rule! It makes a lot more sense! Thanxs for the help.
Hopefully this will make a balanced warband. The only thing i am not so happy with is the 12 member limit. Would they be to strong if that was raised to 15?
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 7:45

Quote :
Special Rules
Before heading into battle Bretonnian Knights kneel and pray to the Lady of the Lake, avowing to fight to the death for honour and justice. Before playing a game of Mordheim make a Leadership test against the Leadership characteristic of the warbands leader. If the test is successful the Lady of the Lake has bestowed her blessing on the warband. The blessing takes the form of a powerful curse upon the enemies of chivalry, and in particular upon those that make use of the foul and dishonourable weapons of mass destruction. Any model in the opposing warband who wishes to fire a black powder weapon must roll a D6 and score 4 to overcome the curse, otherwise they may not fire the weapon. The opposing player must test each time they wish to fire such a weapon. Models armed with other shooting weapons, such as bows and crossbows, do not have to test unless they dare raise their weapons against the gallant Knights of Bretonnia. If any enemy model wishes to shoot at a Bretonnian Knight (Questing Knights, Knights of the Realm and Knight Errants only) , then they must first roll a 4 on a D6 to overcome the curse.

I think this rule will make the curse to strong, so i will change this in the following:
Special Rules
Before heading into battle Bretonnian Knights (Questing Knights, Knights of the Realm and Knight Errants only) kneel and pray to the Lady of the Lake, avowing to fight to the death for honour and justice. Before playing a game of Mordheim make a Leadership test against the Leadership characteristic of the knight (do this for every knight separately). If the test is successful the Lady of the Lake has bestowed her blessing on the knight. The blessing takes the form of a powerful curse upon the enemies of chivalry, and in particular upon those that make use of the foul and dishonourable weapons of mass destruction. Any model in the opposing warband who wishes to fire a missle weapon against that character must roll a D6 and score 4 to overcome the curse, otherwise they may not fire the weapon. The opposing player must test each time they wish to fire such a weapon.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 10:01

The first 3 posts are edited. So a starting warband could look like the following:

The cost for the warband 495 and contains the following:
8 members: 5 Heroes and 3 Henchmen
Heroes: 1 Paragon, 2 Questing Knights and 2 Knights of the Realm
Henchmen: 3 Men-at-Arms

Paragon - 80
Heavy Armour - 25
Shield - 5
Broadsword - 15
Dagger
Total: 125

Questing Knight - 50
Heavy Armour - 25
Shield - 5
Sword - 5
Dagger
Total:85

Questing Knight - 50
Heavy Armour - 25
Shield - 5
Sword - 5
Dagger
Total:85

Knight of the Realm - 35
Heavy Armour - 25
Shield - 5
Sword - 5
Dagger
Total: 70

Knight of the Realm - 35
Heavy Armour - 25
Shield - 5
Sword - 5
Dagger
Total: 70

Men-at-Arms - 15
Sword - 5
Dagger
Total: 20

Men-at-Arms - 15
Sword - 5
Dagger

Men-at-Arms - 15
Sword - 5
Dagger
Back to top Go down
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Champion
Champion
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 10:44

Sorry I know I havent had any imput previously but just to throw my two cents in.

I like how you have posted the warband list in your last post, but for me it would have to be 0-5 Knight Errant as the henchmen option and 0-2 Knights of the Realm as the heros option with the Knight Errant as the only henchmen who can get LGT.

I think maybe thats what you meant anyways Razz

I feel that this would work and be good fluff wise. It still means you have viable henchmen to be promoted and the lower classes stay where they should, after all there was little social mobility in feudal western europe unless you capturedand ransomed a high born enemy (too much hassle/un-fluffy to install this in Mordheim I think).

Also another good bonus for me is that this list will enable you to create a knight centric warband (more so than the current Bret list) with maybe a couple of supporting Men-At-Arms or peasants.

I feel a Monty Python themed warband coming on. Can you add an entry for a mount - a squire with coconuts lol! but not sure they have swallows or house martins in the Old World scratch

EDIT - people posting while I was. The heroes/henchmen list Myntokk has suggested is what I think it should be.
Back to top Go down
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Champion
Champion
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 10:51

[/quote]Feudalism: The Bretonnians following a strict heirarchy on and off the field of battle. To represent this, no Man-at-arms or Peasant Bowman may be promoted to a Hero while there are Knights Errant Henchmen in the warband. If the result "The lad's got talent" is rolled for a Man-at-arms or Peasant Bowman while there are Knights Errant Henchmen in the warband as well, the result must be re-rolled. However, if there are no knights occupying henchmen slots, Men-at-arms and Peasant Bowmen may be promoted to Heroes as normal. Additionally, if there are any Men-at-Arms or Peasant Bowman in the warband who have been promoted to Heroes, no Knights Errant may be hired as they are unwilling to subject themselves to the leadership of the lowly peasants.[quote]

Actually thats pretty good. I like that.

thumbsup[
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 11:24

Quote :

Actually thats pretty good. I like that.

Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 544694

I think this warband is ready for testing. Thanxs all for your help.
When it's tested i will post the result.
But if you have some ideas just post them... they might get added (changed).
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 18:41

One thing - I hadn't realized that the warband limit was 12. For one, I would make it 15 since 12 usually only applies to those warbands that are really elite warriors and have superior stats. While the knights are an impressive bunch, they're still just human and don't have the durability of dwarfs or the speed of the elves. Also, I would change my initial suggestion of 0-5 Knights Errant to 0-3 Knights Errant.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 2:57

I agree with the 15 limit, but not with the 0-3 Knights Errant. They have and warrior stats no special rules, so 0-5 seems fine in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 3:16

It is not a game killer at this moment 0-5 should work but playtesting is key.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 8:09

Da Bank wrote:
It is not a game killer at this moment 0-5 should work but playtesting is key.

Thanxs for the information guys. We'll change it to 15 and see how it's working out Smile
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 11:24

I'd of kind of wanted a Damsel amongst the hero(ine) choices myself.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 13:40

Mortimer wrote:
I'd of kind of wanted a Damsel amongst the hero(ine) choices myself.

In my opinion a damsel would make a great Hired sword. I don't really see her as a warband hero.
So i am going to write a hired sword as a damsel!
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 13:43

So when will we test them! Get over here!!!
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 13:44

Mo! wrote:
So when will we test them! Get over here!!!

If ur in Gouda tomorrow.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 14:53

Mmm i just might might... "scutters back into the sewer"...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 15:09

There is a Damsel Hired Sword written up. It needs a few things touched up.

VCCountblood wrote here up over 5 years ago. I posted it on one of Stryofoams threads for the Elf setting.

Stryo...you got that somewhere to pull quickly for them?

I agree she should not be a regular part of the warband but treat like a "warlock" or priest type.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 15:33

Da Bank wrote:
There is a Damsel Hired Sword written up. It needs a few things touched up.

VCCountblood wrote here up over 5 years ago. I posted it on one of Stryofoams threads for the Elf setting.

Stryo...you got that somewhere to pull quickly for them?

I agree she should not be a regular part of the warband but treat like a "warlock" or priest type.

Sounds great... post her if u like... my idea too like a warlock Smile

Great minds think alike Smile

Hey ratboy... get out of the sewers and on to my blade Smile
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 17:13

Squeek die-die manthing...
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 17:28

Mo! wrote:
Squeek die-die manthing...

BTW i got those 2 Green Knights... so conversion of the green knight is going to appear here soon Smile Maybe a dramatic person orsomething Smile

Hope the mail arives soon. Also another hired sword Grail Knight... who knows!
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 17:53

Beter order some plastic men-at-arms then! Get cracking!

Whip-whip faster-faster...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 18:10

Lady Olania of Brionne

Hire Fee: 30 gold crown to hire. The money is actually exausted helping peasants while looking for Lady Olania no mater if they find her or not the money is gone. Lady Olania will only join the warband if they send one or more knights to look for her in the normal manner, rolling under their leadership (representing the knights efforts to gain her companionship). She will stay with the warband provided they pay her upkeep of 30 gold crowns and the leader of the warband must pass a Leadership test, if the test is failed she will leave and takes the 30 gold crowns to get home. She will never return to a warband that fails the leadership roll for her to stay, but if the warband couldn't afford her and then decided to seek her out again she may join in the usual way (see above).

May be Hired: Lady Olania will only join Bretonnian warbands.

Rating: Lady Olania increases a warband's rating by +65

M:4 WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:4 A:1 LD:8

Weapons/Armor: Sword and Staff of Brillance (Opponents in base contact are -1 to hit the Damsel in close combat).

Skills
Sorcery and Mind Focus (Described in the Annual 2002)

Special Rules
Spells: Lady Olania knows the following spells Flight of Zimmerman, Silver Arrows of Arha, Luck of Shemtek, and Sword of Rezhelbel.

Blessing: If any enemy model wishes to shoot at Lady Olania, then they must first roll a 4+ on a D6 to overcome the blessing.

Entrall: At the begginning of the CC phase, select one model in base contact with the Lady Olania, The selected model must pass a Leadership test, or he will not beable to attack in that combat phase. This only works on living male models, this will not work on undead or possessed.

Lady Olania of Brionne

Lady Olania is the daughter of Baroness Louis De Gearld and Lady Elaina born in wealth and splendor. The Lady Elaina died soon after Olania was born, Olania grew in the care of her nanny Celine. Celine herself a damsel of the Lady of the Lake instilled a since of honor and respect for her fellow man in the young Olania. This new found respect didn’t please her father, she would often argue with him over the fates of the serfs and peasants and that they should ease their burdens. Her father although not evil felt everyone had their rightful place in the world weather noble or peasant and this is as it has always has been and always will be.

Displeased at what he considered the interference of Celine in his daughters moral upbringing, decided to send Celine away. Shortly after Celine left Olania received a vision of a beautiful woman made of shimmering water the Lady told her that it was time for her to leave and help those less fortunate then she was. Olania followed the guidance of the Lady ran away, while on the streets she found kindness from the peasants as they had taken her in a kept her safe from harm. She learned their ways and suffered their burdens living with them moving from village to village helping where she could, when she heard of her father’s illness, she decided to go and see him.

Olania returned to her home to see her father, her father begged for her forgiveness as he laid dieing. For it was his own servants that have been there for him, taking care of his daily needs and easing the suffering of old man. After her fathers death Olania relinquished her fathers lands, and sold their possessions.

She now travels the land helping those who are down trodden, and offering guidance to nobles who desire to promote fairness and opportunities to the peasantry. It can be difficult to find her as the peasants are the last people to see her and she will only help nobles willing to treat the peasants with kindness and to aid them in their suffering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights   Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warband - Bretonnian Questing Knights
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next