Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Call me FNATK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fnatk

Fnatk

Trading Reputation : 0

Call me FNATK Empty
PostSubject: Call me FNATK   Call me FNATK Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 6:15

Gentlemen, Ladies, and Rats:

Allow me to imbelish upon myself the many accolades of Champion, King, and Almost God. Then I wake up.

I'm new to the game, but a long lover of Games Workshops' creations from Epic 40K (n/k/a Epic Armageddon) to 40k, Fantasy, Fantasy Roleplay; not to mention Blood Bowl, Necromunda, Man-O-War, Titan Legions, and Space Hulk. I have played them all, but one. Apparently I have saved the best for last.

Discovered the site after purchasing my first ever copy of Mordheim, and long to read the 2002 Annual.

I live in FL next to the AL border, commonly (and comically) referred to as LA for Lower Alabama, or actually known as Pensacola. I'm an avid board gamer, table top miniature gamer, and dabble my practice and skills in mmorpgs: WAR, WoW, Conan, and SWG.

Been out of miniature gaming for about 13 years, but kept up with Dungeons and Dragons through 3.5, got the books for 4th, but I got WoW if I want to play 4th edition! Wanting more from my dnd but with less time at the table, I have decided to fill that niche with miniature gaming again. So I'm back...

So, glad to be here, hope I haven't bored any of you with my celebratory entry, and dull personality, but if I did,.. well eff you! LOL j/k.

Fnatk
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Call me FNATK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me FNATK   Call me FNATK Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 9:01

WELCOME BACK & ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Call me FNATK Sleep Yet with a Charm All Its Own Mordheim Forum. Have a LONG & MERRY stay! Call me FNATK Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Call me FNATK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me FNATK   Call me FNATK Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 18:41

Mordheim is a great alternative to DnD if you haven't got the time for the former. It's fun too in that there's not a GM, but instead each player takes his own party into the fray.

I think you'll enjoy it a lot, and while the game mechanics aren't perfect (far from it, actually, you'll find lots of info on rules reviews, house rules, erratas, etc etc etc.), the setting and diversity of warbands and warriors are really what makes it such a great game. If you like the other GW games, especially Necromunda, then you'll love Mordheim.

One good piece of advice I can give you is this: go straight to the Mordheim Resources subforum and see what all you can dig up on the internet, because there is a ton of content for this game that is no longer in print, but has been collected together and is available for download on various websites. Svenn & Tewfik's is particularly good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Call me FNATK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me FNATK   Call me FNATK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call me FNATK
Page 1 of 1