Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Imperial City, Mike-lopolis

Go down 
+5
Duce
Paluke
Da Bank
DeafNala
Mordheimer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 1:07

Deaf... I though you WERE being critical of the work... in a POSITIVE way! I mean... I like it!

Now that I read your thought (THANKS AGAIN!) I understand what you are saying... and you are right. The 2-3 story buildings are right for an Imperial 'town' but an Imperial 'city' should boast larger and grandeur structures. You are 100% right and my wheels are turning. GLUP! The Emperor have mercy on our souls! Fluff wise Mike-lopolis is not a city... rats! I need bigger & taller buildings!!!

The question I have is regarding game mechanics. If I have a 5 story Cathedral, then a typical model would take (using stairs) 4-5 Turns to climb... and only Sniper Rifles could shot to/from the highest location. So I need to find a balance between size and practical game use.

THANKS for the thoughts... I need all help I can get. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 1:24

It is going to be great to get all of Mordheimer's terrain and my terrain together as we will have enough for 4 tables of stuff.

We have a few more surprises for the game once we get past this final proofing of the living rule book and when I can finish the changes to the Kroot squad.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 4:26

Damnit Deaf... I can't stop thinking about what you said! confused

I need to find a solution... how to make couple HUGE buildings, without making their top layers 'playable'... so not to disturb the flow of Death Squads (or 40k). We had a game once in which one player climbed to a 5th floor... the monkey-wrench from hell! We resolved it, but we sweated blood.

I will make you a building... you see... nobody stumps me for long (hey, I can dream!) It will be known as "The Bastion of the Hearing Impaired Hollow Reed"

Castellum Alveus Palus Clangor
Deafnala's Castle

You see... I will come up with something! Razz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 11:49

One of the features on the Monkey Head [name of the Gaming store... I'd rather not think about why it was called Monkey Head Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Suspect ] table was elevator shafts. Rules-wise a model moves to the elevator door; on the next turn he/she/it was allowed to make a full move away from an elevator door on ANY level of the structure. To represent the less than perfect condition of the elevator, a die was rolled at the beginning of the ride; on a "1" some malfunction occurred & 1 of 2, depending on the direction of the trip, tables consulted: the results ranged from a 1 turn delay to an instantaneous arrival in the sub-basement with a rather messy end to the passengers.

On a practical level, the shafts gave an added stability to the structure. Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 17:51

Ahhhh! Another addition to the rules. I see it now!

Great work Deafnala.

Mordheimer...what you think?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 0:00

What can I say... I can't argue greatness! Razz

It is a good idea... nothing too complicated can be done. I mean, the elevator could take any models that their bases fit to any level by the beginning of the player's next turn on a 2+ roll (of a D6). On a 1, there is an 'incident'... one table regardless direction. Some things are not that bad (like fighters being available by the END of the player's next turn, thus no shooting), other indifferent (like elevators doesn't move) and others bad (like possible injury!)

We can work something out for sure. Let's put it on our to-do list.

THANKS DEAFNALA!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 7:21

I have finished the Hall of Valerium... lots of pics at the Death Squads Forum... will post few of them here soon. Gotta run... Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 23:18

Here are SOME pics as I promised. Sorry for the wait! Embarassed Seriously... there LOTS of pics on the Death Squads Forum. Smile Also... to say the least, I got 'creative' with the camera... sorry for the bad puns. Rolling Eyes Sorry for the multiple posts in a row...

Deathwatch members defending Valerium's memory against heretical desecration!
Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 CityBuildingC53

Who will dare to enter and defile Holy Ground?
Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 CityBuildingC55

Deathwatch members to pose for the camera besides the statue that honors Valerium, Great Hero of Mike-lopolis.
Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 CityBuildingC50
Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 CityBuildingC51
Deathwatch Space Marine tourism is alive and well in the fringes of deep space! Razz
Note that the statue is textured... I lost definition & detail, but gained that granite look I was looking for.
Beside the (unfinished) Space Marine models it can be appreciated how big the statue really is.

Valerium's holy relic, The Golden Bolter, shines the Emperor's Light upon us all!
Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 CityBuildingC54
BTW... The Golden Bolter is the name that I would gave my imaginary game store. What? People have imaginary friends...
mine just happens to be a store! Golden Bolters... my unnatural obsession!

Vintage Astropath Transmission.
Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 CityBuildingC57

You can follow the link and see a Slide Show of pictures. Comments, suggestion, constructive criticism, etc ALWAYS welcomed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 1:36

Great pics. I am reading another GW novel to give me some more inspiration for Death Squads and it is about this Imperial World that is infected with Nurgle but if you don't kill the bad guys out right they turn into Zombies. It is great. Only 30 pages into the book but it has already got my creative juices flowing and some more insight on a destroyed cities and terrain.
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 10:13

Is that big guy finnished?? What have you done with him??
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 14:05

Trulsa wrote:
Is that big guy finished?? What have you done with him??
You mean the statue? Yes is done. What I did to him? The ultimate abuse? lol! I wanted to create a granite statue... not only a visual, but a tactile conversion. Several years ago I saw a statue made of granite... with 'large' grain. Up close the statue was kinddda blah, but was still recognizable at a distance. The artist created it with simple tools (no mechanical grinders) and after adding all the factors together, it was very impressive! I know that I could had just paint multiple layers and simulate stone... but by adding some texture I could create that 'rough' sculpting look. The bolter is without texture... simulating that it was made of gold (or bronze). It becomes a nice focal point.

The model is NOT sealed... so if there is anything I could so... PLEASE let me know! I could still go back to it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 14:51

Oh, I don't know what you could do else, I actually like it a lot Smile But it looked so strange that I had to ask about it Smile
Did you use roughcoat on him or something like that??
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 7:25

I spotted some GF9 terrain over on The Miniature Page that MIGHT be of interest to you. It's reasonably priced AND prepainted for you Uberbusy types: http://theminiaturespage.com/news/806521/ . Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial City, Mike-lopolis   Imperial City, Mike-lopolis - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial City, Mike-lopolis
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2