Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
Von Kurst
Hamsterjoe
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2009 - 1:52

Hey McK--Joe,

Sad to run when you are ahead. Someday he will stay! Good job on the dwarf killing while it lasted. Yes you can buy a Dreg and you should do so.

I generally give my Dregs bows just to keep the shooters from standing in the open and shooting at me. The dregs will become killers if they live. Buy a Dreg and another ghoul unless you already have the 6th hero...
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2009 - 2:15

Thanks for the great report!

My undead opponent keeps dregs with bows until he can replace them with promoted ghouls. On occasion a dreg will advance really well and wont be phased out.

If you don't already have one, give your vamp (and eventually everyone else) a rabbit's foot. It'll greatly reduce your chances of routing if you save it for that test. Later on, unholy relics aren't a bad purchase either.
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2009 - 21:25

Hehe Von Kurst Razz.. .

hmm but i only have 60 GC to play with so I wouldnt be able to fit out the dreg with anything if i also buy a ghoul ... But getting the experience is important, so maybe i should buy a dreg and ghoul and then equip the dreg efter next game when i get more cash?
Next game im definitely going to keep my dregs hidden Razz
i havent looked much into the magic items yet, only the mordheim map Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.warhammer-empire.com
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2009 - 4:01

Well if you can swing it I'd buy the dreg and the ghoul and equip the dreg later. All you need to do is keep them alive for income. Its hard to play games with the intention of fleeing as soon as possible, but its a good thing in practice.

The other option is to buy the dreg and get Lucky charms for all of your heroes (or as many as can search for them). Lucky Charms are the must have item for saving that first hit.

pirat
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2009 - 18:46

Hmm I think i would get a dreg. I could recruit a ghoul into the group with only 1 XP. It would then gain a level after the next game.. It does require selling something though to gain the 1 GC i need.
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2009 - 23:22

Hamsterjoe wrote:
I could recruit a ghoul into the group with only 1 XP.
Noooooo! Then you only get a single advance roll for the both of them, and you're trying to get heroes. If you want a certain henchmen to promote, always, always, always, get them in groups of one.
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2009 - 12:14

Oh right...
What is the maximum number of heroes undeads can have?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2009 - 12:24

Hamsterjoe wrote:
Oh right...
What is the maximum number of heroes undeads can have?

The maximum number of Heroes is always six - irrespecive of the warband. The ony difference between warbands is the number of Heroes the warband can start with, which is normally five and there are few exceptions (Skaven: six, Orcs: four).
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2009 - 12:36

Okay then Very Happy... so i want to discard dregs if i get in a problem with number of heroes? Razz
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2009 - 13:29

Hamsterjoe wrote:
Okay then Very Happy... so i want to discard dregs if i get in a problem with number of heroes? Razz
This is generally correct. 9 times out of 10, a promoted ghoul hero will be better than a dreg hero that you have around. As dregs only get combat and strength skills, they must be used as melee fighters. Ghouls will almost always make better melee heroes for a few reasons. Statswise, they have an additional point of toughness, and a racial max of T5. This is a huge bonus. On top of that, they cause fear and have the ability to take speed skills. Fear is an incredibly powerful tool in combat versus certain warbands, and the speed skills list is, ironically, generally more useful for melee fighters than the combat list (although step aside is quite good). The ghouls' lack of the ability to take weapons is largely mitigated by their base 2 attacks.
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 12:10

AAhhh you speak wise words Identity Razz I'll take it into consideration!

Actually i have maxed out my heroes now!

My bone guy, ghoul has been promoted! So now i need advice on which skill tables to choose! :O

Report will follow soon, but updated the warband
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 16:21

Our latest game!
A skirmish between our undead warband and the thieving dwarfs!

I'm sorry but we both forgot about taking pictures during the game. So unfortunately there will be no pictures in this report.

Gregor had acquired new intelligence regarding the Dwarf warband. He had received word of one of their hide outs and base of operations, from where they sent out search parties for warpstone. He knew he had to attack them and take their territory and so he led his warband towards a fortified two floored ruin.
The dwarfs went on the defensive and Gregor saw the only way to win this fight was to use the plenty of cover there were between the two warbands.

The list used:
Gregor, sword, mace and bow
Ivan, Bow and dagger
Ivana, dagger
Club gnoblar, dagger
New Stash gnoblar, dagger

Steven the ghoul (ws3)
Not-Steven the ghoul (ws3)
Bone guy (ghoul)
New ghoul

2 zombies
1 direwolf
and Gunnar the warlock

The dwarves:
Noble, gromril armour and shield + hammer
Engineer with crossbow with two shots
Slayer with 2 wounds
Slayer with 3 Iniative
Beardling hero
Thunderer hero with crossbow with two shots

5 thunderes with crossbows
1 clansman with twohanded weapon
1 beardling

I rolled the highest when choosing which side to deploy on. And it gave me a lot of cover to hide behind when i had to move in and attack the dwarfs. The dwarfs got the first turn then, but all of my models were hidden so well that there were no targets to shoot at, except a thunderer against my Vampire, but he missed.

Again this time i used zombies as the front guys, but this time i used the Hiding rule alot. Half of my warband was always hidden. They moved slower of course but i only lost one zombie and later in the game, a direwolf to missile fire. My vampire and a ghoul moved together from a palisade wall to a large tombstone where they hid again, ready to charge the next turn (this was turn 3 or some).
But the rest of my warband was a turn behind compared to the two and i had a problem. Should i charge or move closer with the rest and risk a ton of missile fire, because they would be in the open?
I thought that both ways were a great risk but decided to charge with my vampire and ghoul.
My ghoul went up against a beardling henchman and stunned him (critical hits yay!) And my vampire bludgeoned a thunderer and took him directly out of action!
I moved the rest of my warband into a second wave of chargers. Just waiting for their turn to taste dwarf flesh.

The dwarf player quickly counter attacked! My vampire was charged by the slayer with I3 and the ghoul was charged by the slayer with 2 wounds. The ghoul got stunned! But the vampire was unharmed and quickly stunned his opponent. THe dwarf shooters were again ineffective (as they were the entire game!)

Some room problems complicated my second wave of chargers and the first priority was to save the stunned (now knocked down ghoul) but none of my warriors could get into contact with the slayer. So I had to stop the other dwarfs. Steven the ghoul charged the downed beardling. A zombie charged the noble and the 3 other ghouls went into position around a single thunderer.
My killer zombie didnt do anything (surprise! :O ) My vampire killed the slayer.
The downed ghoul survied because the slayer fluffed his attacks! The zombie was now charged by a thunderer and a clansman but still held its ground! By this time, he had succesfully taken his rout test.

My turn! 3 ghouls charge the lone thunderer but only stuns him! the vampire charges the second slayer and kills him with the aid of the ghoul. The Zombie does nothing.

The dwarfs then rout!

Aftermath was a bit bad for me. I didnt lose any warriors to serious injuries but rolled bad on exploration. So only got 60 GC and my leader got an extra Exp for killing a straggler.
The dwarfs on the other hand!. The slayer with 2 wounds rolls bad on his injuries and gets multiple injuries! He cant be in the next battle and for each subsequent battle he is participating in he will have to roll a d6 before deployment, on a 1 he cant join the battle because of old battle wounds.
But he got 90 GC Sad

Ivana got a second point in LD and is now on 9. Im thinking she is the one to get kicked out of the warband.
Bone guy (ghoul) got promoted! Havent chosen any skill trees or rolled for his advancement yet.

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 16:35

Cool Report even without the photos. Of course, WITH the photos it would have been a COOLER Report Suspect . WELL DONE nonetheless! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:29

Hehe yes it was a shame we forgot about the camera!

But now the question lies before me. Should I drop my newest dreg and see my 20gc go to waste?, Or drop Ivana Humpalot since shes pretty useless right now with her +2 LD.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:41

Keep Ivana; she IS a BABE [distant Wolf's howl pierces the still night air]! Deaf Nala Smiley
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:51

Hehe thats also my counter argument, but she is rather useless Razz
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 16:11

DROP! Joe, my man, do not be hasty.

We're talking long term here. Promoted ghouls replace Dregs AFTER you reach and sustain the 6 hero limit. So when you have 7 possible heroes in your band you make a choice to maybe cut the least useful Dreg. If you cut a Dreg now you are back to 5 heroes and no better off. (Unless you rolled 2 lads got talent ghouls, then go ahead)

Note you can only ever have 6 heroes. (unless you are playing with crazy Khemri rules...)
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 18:49

Oh right Razz...

No only 1 ghoul so far... Im still hoping for steven, the most proven ghoul to be promoted!
Back to top Go down
Hamsterjoe
Hero
Hero
Hamsterjoe

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Aug 2009 - 23:37

Had another game, after a long time!

Big victory to the vampires.

Some level ups and stuff.

Basically, i lost a couple ghouls but they recovered after the battle. I fought against the fierce orcs and whooped their butts in close combat.
My zombies made killer attacks again and knocked two orcs out. Pretty damn impressive Smile

No pics were taken unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog   Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hamsterjoes Mordheim campaign blog
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2