Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Need help converting SM into Chaos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 19:12

I've bought the 'Assault on Black Reach' battle box to get me a lot of orkz, and now i have some space marines lying around. I don't want that, i want chaos marines lying around!

Any easy ideas how to convert so it looks nice? I've tried a bit with giving them horns (fantasy bows modified and glued), but this doesn't quite seem to be enough.

Any ideas welcome - even if i can't do them (i suck at converting/painting, but i'm trying and learning hehe)
Back to top Go down
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 21:04

Add spiky ornamentation around the edge of shoulder pads, feet etc. with green stuff, add scary symbols onto the actual shoulder pad, add guts hanging out and pustules for Nurgle, MORE spikes for Khorne, bits of leather and kinky stuff for Slaanesh, eyes, twisted faces and flames for Tzeentch. Making the commander in the box set look chaos-like will be a challenge but definitely doable! Alternatively you could just do it by giving them a sinister paintjob. I've seen some really well done death guard marines that weren't that far off normal marines but with a plaguey paint rob and nice rust effects!

Other stuff would be to just add any sort of grim bits that you might have lying around ie skulls, different close combat weapons especially for the commander. It also depends how well your bitz box is stocked and what sort of chaos marines you're going for...

...if they're really bothering you you could just send them all to me, I'm sure I could find a home for them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 21:53

Tentacles! Woooooo! And skullllllllllllllllllls!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 22:43

For Alpha Legion, just paint them in Alpha Legion colours (blue with green rim and silver metals). I believe they do not have that many mutations.

For other chapters, I think painting them in the appropriate colour and adding Chaos symbols to the shoulder pads, as well as the odd spike, skull and mutation should serve you well Smile
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 1:55

Yeah I'm going for pre-heresy Emperors Children Karate
as in pre-heresy but on the edge of converting into chaos so they'll still have skulls and horns and the like! (that's the fun part of being a chaos marine, wearing horns on a helmet!)

The colours i'm using will be dark purple for armor and gold for trims - a bit sinister but still niiiice Smile Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 1:57

Btw, thanks guys Razz Appreciate the help!

I'm thinking about converting the terminators to possessed or obliterators, but i'll need a few years or ten to practice my greenstuff skills before that project haha
Back to top Go down
Lord Xi
General
General
Lord Xi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 6:50

Preheresy had no skulls or spikes, it was older armour. Check out Bell of Lost Souls and search for preheresy marines, they are the authority on it. They went so far as to write a preheresy rule set called Warhammer 30k Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://grimdarkvoid.blogspot.com/
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 10:09

Haha nice! And yeah i know pre-heresy was just plain marines, but i'm goin for the greyzone where they started using noise weapons and put horns on their helmets.. So it guess i'm going for mid-heresy Very Happy haha.. will chech the link out later today when i have time Very Happy thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help converting SM into Chaos   chaos - Need help converting SM into Chaos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help converting SM into Chaos
Page 1 of 1