Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
Citizen Sade
Wishing
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

Trading Reputation : 0

Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2020 - 10:01

Cool, thanks for the tip, I will check it out! And I can definitely post our rules in more detail in the rules forum. Most of it is written up, so it should be postable.

Looking quickly at the link you sent, there seems to be a concept of conquering and holding territory in there. That was one thing I specificlally wanted to avoid here, as I feel like that is one of the things that makes Mordheim different from Necromunda - in Mordheim, you just collect money and explore, unlike in Necromunda where it's about gangs fighting about territory.
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2020 - 13:41

Actually it might be a bit much to post it all in the rules forum in its current state. Better if I email it to you if you are interested. My email is lars.stroebaek@gmail.com.
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2020 - 16:44

Damn, i do live ur board!!! Amazing, this must be fun to have a game on there.
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2020 - 13:06

So far I have only played one game on it, but hoping for more!
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2020 - 11:39

I definitely agree about conquering territory -- it makes sense in Necromunda, where it's about rival gangs creating petty empires, but not in the ruins & scavenging of Mordheim. Basically every faction is gathering wyrdstone to send out of Mordheim, to an outside boss.

That said, I definitely think there'd be room for a territory-collection based system in a different setting. Something like Empire in Flames, where vital roads, bridges, villages, & watchtowers are the desirable holdings, or a riotous Imperial city with gangs openly brawling for control (Mutiny in Marienberg might lend itself to that, I'm not too familiar). They'd be different experiences, but potentially very cool.

I'll e-mail you for your rules -- thanks!
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2020 - 22:02

I agree fully, a map-based territory-control campaign should definitely work, as long as the background for the campaign supports it, whatever that might be. I assume something like Mighty Empires was like that? My main thinking is that it must require a group of reliably available players, since if I invade your territory on the map and try and take it, it seems unfair that I just get to take it because you weren't able to play a game to defend it because you were on holiday in Ibiza... (or that I'm not allowed to invade for the same reason.)

Email received and I sent you a share link I hope!
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2020 - 22:13

So, there are secret underground dungeon tunnels underneath Mordheim right? I actually made these for Khemri originally but I figure they can be used anywhere... and to play Dungeonbowl maybe...

Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 KNQ63GW
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2020 - 1:42

The looks TERRIFIC. It should be an exciting place to game. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2020 - 13:17

I think pretty much every player has assumed that there's a network of tunnels, sewers, & hidden lairs beneath Mordheim... I mean, it fits, right? But then Tuomas Pirinen put out a short story about the 'Court of Worms' (I think it was called), which expressly had a dark magician of the Count's court hiding from the comet in sunken tunnels. Who needs more confirmation than that?

Great looking tunnel segments there, & well built too!

(I'm finishing up going through rules documents, & should be back in touch soon -- work allowing...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim   Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wishing's Adventures in Mordheim
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3