HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Wests Mordheim Bands

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rhydderch
Elder
Elder

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Wests Mordheim Bands   Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 0:25

Those are some nicely done bases -- I think I recognise those floral tufts, which are quite nice for a little extra colour on the base. I also like the colour scheme on the elves, which is well balanced & a nice change from the usual bright blue/white/silver seen on High Elves. Well executed too.

But my favourite bit is the use of wardancers as swashbuckling elven seafarers. It's something I wouldn't have thought of, but it works really well, & your colours have given them a properly piratical look. Great work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friedrich Hetzenauer
Veteran
Veteran

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Wests Mordheim Bands   Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 1:49

Thanks I was a bit worried about the wardancer with the spear and feathers. He just looked so much like a wood elf that it was hard to convince myself to try it. But since I'm still short of the 10 my 3rd edition army can have I decided to go for it. He came out better than I expected. The female one for the MM80 range was a broken one that someone added onto a trade because he had no use for it. I really didn't think I did either, but once it arrived I realized she might as well be a sea elf.

White just didn't work on those sea elves for me, and I've been using the blues on all my sea elf type stuff. I decided on a royal marines from the 1700s look with the red coats.

I'm a big fan of the floral tufts. The don't really fit in the atmosphere of Mordheim, but since the elves are headed to Lustria I think they work. As to the Outlaws, I just thought a bit of color would work well with the greens and browns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wests Mordheim Bands
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4