Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:

Go down 
+13
Powerposey
vampirekhaine
Von Kurst
Katsuhiko JiNNai
floedebolle
Dreng Tromm
Eliazar
JoaoS
Ed
Alex
Spectre76
WarbossKurgan
DeafNala
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jul 2013 - 20:11

Ah, I didn't know about the barbarians. The goblins from Four A Miniatures are some of the best old school ones. Highly recommended. I have a whole bunch of them (obviously still unpainted) and it occurred to me to paint them sooner than later. One day, maybe. Glad you painted yours. A real beauty (in a goblin kind of way...).

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jul 2013 - 20:36

I love the Four A minis also. Their Piranha Boys are a trip to paint...I have them kicking around Crazy Mary's Cay.
David Soderquist at Bronze Age is having a 30% off sale by the way. clown 
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 1:21

It looks like the mushroom nearest the road said something it oughtn't to the lass with the axe.

Good to see these.thumbsup  I saw them on the LAF earlier, but forgot you had 2 threads on this forum.Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 3:13

Thanks, V.K.! I'm glad you like the new Folk. I'm going to do some shots of the Guys & Dolls sans the heavy scenery for a better view of the minis that I'll put up in he W.I.P thread.  What a Face 
To moi, it always seems like the Mushrooms are trying to chat up the passersby...or put the bite on them.  clown
Back to top Go down
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Elder
Elder
Katsuhiko JiNNai

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 23:42

An exquisitely painting style that enhances the miniatures. I especially like your painting in goblins, orcs, dwarves and other humanoid creatures, especially if vintage or with and old style look. Smile

I see darker pictures of the female gladiators, but they seem really nice. These miniatures are 32mm if I remember well, bigger that the usual GW scale miniature?
Back to top Go down
http://therealmofjinnai.blogspot.it/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 0:46

Thanks for the VERY kind word, Katsuhiko!  What a Face 
The Camera & The Lights were conspiring against The Babes; i.e., when the light was brighter their eyes went Zombie-like. I actually had to hunt for a based up human size G.W. mini to compare. The Druid from the Albion Giants was the first one I found. He's just about the same height & bulk as the Babes...I'll try to get a photo up tomorrow for comparison sake.  What a Face

Addendum: tomorrow came early today. Here you go:
Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 DSCN1875

clown

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 2:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 1:56

Ragweed!cheers 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 2:35

Ragweed was a Druid character of somewhat dubious moral fiber from my AD&D Days...Old Heroes never die.  clown
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 6:36

Hmmm... Ragweed seems to have taken in some special "weed" to have boldly taken such "liberties" with an Amazonian! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 14:51

Thanks, Dregg! What a Face 
The Holy Leaves he carries don't appear to be Mistletoe but rather a pointy leafed weed...then there's the matter of the rolling papers & hash pipe. clown 
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jul 2013 - 23:46

I love these deaf! Seriously nice work here.

There's something about this setting, I just can't put my finger on it. I looks familiar. Maybe it's some sort of retro image I have in my mind. I really like the way this turned out!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 0:34

vampirekhaine wrote:
I love these deaf! Seriously nice work here.

Thanks for the kind comments, Vampirekhaine! I'm delighted you like it.  What a Face

vampirekhaine wrote:
There's something about this setting, I just can't put my finger on it. I looks familiar. Maybe it's some sort of retro image I have in my mind. I really like the way this turned out!

A fair number of Guys have found that all those faces remind them of Labyrinth. There are a few other possible influences; Dark Crystal, Nightmare Before Christmas & some Bugs Bunny vibes....drug flashbacks are a less complimentary, but plausible possibility.
Be that as it may, I just purchased some 2'X2'X1" fairly dense insulation foam boards; SO the setting will be expanding...I hope that's taken as good news.  clown
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 19:07

wow, fantastic druid here, nice paintjob sir, not to mention those bags in the background.............Embarassed 

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 22:53

DeafNala wrote:

A fair number of Guys have found that all those faces remind them of Labyrinth. There are a few other possible influences; Dark Crystal, Nightmare Before Christmas & some Bugs Bunny vibes....drug flashbacks are a less complimentary, but plausible possibility.
Be that as it may, I just purchased some 2'X2'X1" fairly dense insulation foam boards; SO the setting will be expanding...I hope that's taken as good news.  clown

Absolutely! I would like to see more of that Smile . I'm also fairly certain I can speak for the entire community here!
Back to top Go down
Powerposey
Captain
Captain
Powerposey

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013 - 2:20

Very nice. Your imagination is incredible and the painting is excellent.
Back to top Go down
http://powerposey.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013 - 2:41

Thanks once more for your kind comments, Guys! That's my major source of motivation.  What a Face 

Tomorrow I should have a photo or two of the next W.I.P. section...the Isles of Langerhans. I'll post a link here to the Terrain Section.  clown
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013 - 16:49

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2014 - 17:05

If you go out The Woods today, you're in for a Big Surprise...well moderately big.   affraid  Suspect 
Having more ore less completed five terrain boards, I thought the time had come to start photo tale of the Folks wandering through & living in the Spooky Woods & other disreputable areas. SO...

It's been another Saturday Night at Heep's. Mungo, Bob the Blue Ox, & Spook the Wonder Talking Skull are homeward bound:
Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 DSCN2699

Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 DSCN2698

Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 DSCN2700

As designated driver, Bob gets a closeup:
Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 DSCN2693

A Mysterious Lady appears by Heep's Bat Poop Cave of Unimaginable Aroma:
Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 DSCN2691

Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 DSCN2692

While gaming on the boards may or may not actually happen, the possibilities for photos & related stories is a viable & attractive option...at least for moi. SO...this thread may be getting some further attention. Be that as it may, your kind comment, as always, would be most welcome...mostly.   clown
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2014 - 17:14

DeafNala wrote:
While gaming on the boards may or may not actually happen, the possibilities for photos & related stories is a viable & attractive option...at least for moi.

And for moi! Smile

Awesome work you've done (five terrain boards, bloody hell!!). Looking forward to seeing more!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2014 - 17:21

Thanks for the kind reply, JoaoS! The other boards are in in the Maudeheim links in my signature...I'm sure you've been there.   What a Face    
Searching for a particular mini, I discovered I have a LOT of minis that have thus far been spared the attention of my Diabolical Camera...this is about to change...or not.   affraid
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2014 - 23:43

Wow, Alan! The detail and warmth is great! Great painting. I love the fur and cloth details.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2014 - 0:16

Thanks MUCHO for the kind reply, Mike! Positive feedback is a major motivator for moi...anything that gets me moving in the morning is appreciated.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2014 - 14:16

I really love seeing the minis in their 'natural' environment. That little cleric is a really nice sculpt. Great painting and presentation, the skinny mushroom is a great touch.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2014 - 14:28

Von Kurst wrote:
I really love seeing the minis in their 'natural' environment.  That little cleric is a really nice sculpt.  Great painting and presentation, the skinny mushroom is a great touch.

Thanks, V.K.! I also am of the opinion that miniatures look their best in appropriate terrain; AND inhabited terrain is more alive.
I'm always experimenting with new mushroom types...variety is the spice of life & all that. When you mentioned the "skinny" mushroom, I picture him sucking in his gut to impress the passing Babe.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
lowenbraugh
Captain
Captain
lowenbraugh

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2014 - 14:52

Excellent paint job on the Druid model.  I had been debating picking it up for an alternate Warlock model, and after seeing your paint job I think I will.  All your models look awesome!  Very clean brush strokes and great layering!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:    Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wandering The Spooky Woods & other areas of my imagination:
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next