Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Possessed mutations weapon clarification?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Terdle
Youngblood
Youngblood
Terdle

Trading Reputation : 0

Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Empty
PostSubject: Possessed mutations weapon clarification?   Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 3:41

Hey guys,

I am new to mordheim, and after having tried witch hunters/shadow warriors. I am now playing the Possessed, and plan on doing so in the future.

However at the moment me and my group are having some issues with my mutations, as we're not sure what to classify it as.

Scorpion Tail:
The mutant has a long barbed tail with a venom tip, allowing him to make an extra Strength 5 attack in each hand-to-hand combat phase. If the model hit by the tail is immune to poison, the Strength of the hit is reduced to 2.
At the moment we're treating it as unarmed weapon. Basicly as if you're punching with your fist.
And is the poison part of it just roleplay, or does it actually do something?

Great claw:
One of the mutant’s arms ends in a great, crab-like claw. He may carry no weapons in this arm, but gains an extra attack in hand-to-hand combat with a +1 Strength bonus.
We are treating it as a sepperate attack from the mainhand weapon.

Are we doing it the right way, or do you guys know the correct/best way to deal with it?
Back to top Go down
Terdle
Youngblood
Youngblood
Terdle

PostSubject: Re: Possessed mutations weapon clarification?   Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 3:46

Also would like to share my beast, which got my a victory over our strongest player (rating 252, against my 91)

Possessed:
M WS BS S T W I A ld
5 5 0 4 6 2 6 2 7

Axe, mace, dagger.

Skills:
Scorpion Tail
Fear
Mighty Blow
Strike to Injury
Sprint

This thing, I guess i was very lucky with rolls, or it's the nature of the possessed creatures. My first ever scenario, I was just planning to instantly route and grab the gold. But the group didn't allow "it's supposed to be fun" So I played against another newbie, and he had his 4 heroes charge this 1 guy succesfully. 1 of them killed himself due to my scorpion tail. And in my turn I killed the other 3.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Possessed mutations weapon clarification?   Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 6:11

Welcome to the forum!

Quote :
The mutant has a long barbed tail with a venom tip, allowing him to make an extra Strength 5 attack in each hand-to-hand combat phase. If the model hit by the tail is immune to poison, the Strength of the hit is reduced to 2.
At the moment we're treating it as unarmed weapon. Basicly as if you're punching with your fist.
And is the poison part of it just roleplay, or does it actually do something?
The tail does count as an unarmed attack for the purposes of critical hits. The in game affect of the poison is the strength of the attack: S5 if the target is not immune to poison and S2 if the target is.

Quote :
One of the mutant’s arms ends in a great, crab-like claw. He may carry no weapons in this arm, but gains an extra attack in hand-to-hand combat with a +1 Strength bonus.
We are treating it as a sepperate attack from the mainhand weapon.

That is correct.

Back to top Go down
Terdle
Youngblood
Youngblood
Terdle

PostSubject: Re: Possessed mutations weapon clarification?   Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 11:47

Okay thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Possessed mutations weapon clarification?   Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012 - 8:45

Your possesed may not use any weapon:
Quote :
Weapons/Armour: None. The Possessed never use
weapons or armour.

He always strike unarmed, but suffer no penalties for it.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Possessed mutations weapon clarification?   Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012 - 2:51

I completely missed the weapons listed in the second post. As quoted above the Possessed may not use weapons or armour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possessed mutations weapon clarification?   Possessed mutations weapon clarification? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possessed mutations weapon clarification?
Page 1 of 1