Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bean965
Hero
Hero
Bean965

Trading Reputation : 0

CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Empty
PostSubject: CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting   CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010 - 0:36

I'm making a possessed warband and want to make sure I understand the rules right.

I just finished reading a short thread in Rules & Gameplay that suggested that a Possessed, which cannot wield weapons, fights with its natural weapons but does not incur the penalty of the "fists" rule, under the "zombies and creatures exemption."

Do I have this correct?
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting   CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010 - 1:25

That is indeed correct. Also note that while they cannot use weapons or armour they can use weapon-like and armour-like equipment. For example, in the RAW Toughened Leathers are technically equipment and not armour. Likewise, the Firebomb is technically a piece of equipment and not a weapon. Although legal in a RAW kind of way, some groups may allow this, some may not - YMMV. Some groups (mine included) house-rule Toughened Leathers to be a form of Light Armour.

Lucky charms are in the base rules and are not even slightly dubious to give to a Possessed.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting   CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010 - 22:25

rope and hook possessed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting   CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010 - 1:02

Oh totally. Every hero should have a rope and hook - it should be the first thing you buy all your heroes. I don't know anyone that doesn't get one for all their heroes after the first game if they have the money.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting   CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010 - 1:56

thats right. its totally underpriced
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting   CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010 - 3:05

Given how much other things cost, I think 5 gold is close enough for a piece of rope with a hook on the end. A hook takes less iron and less smithing to make than an axe does and 5-4 meters of rope can't be much more than a few silver.

If you want its gold price to reflect its utility then really what you should be doing is make pieces of equipment in Coreheim have two values. One is the gold cost and the other is how much the piece of equipment adds to your warband rating. Or just make it that each piece of equipment adds one point to your rating and rope has a rule that makes it count as two or three items or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting   CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoP Possessed non-weapon fighting
Page 1 of 1