HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 
 

 Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bitxo
Champion
Champion


Posts : 54
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-09

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general   Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 9:50

I started playing Mordheim with Possessed, but after a few games getting destroyed I left it and starting playing other warbands. Now I intend to start playing again, I want to recover that proyect, and the build advices I read were awesome to make this band competitive.

The thing is, I have many questions regarding their rules I solved reading old posts in this forum, but I couldn't find answers to many others.

· I've read in one FAQ the spells affecting Possessed affect the whole warband. That seems unfair compared to the Undead, where necromancer, dregs and ghouls are not affected. Any thoughts coming from someone experienced playing with/against Possessed?
·When you gain control over an enemy model using "lure of chaos", do you use that model in your turn or in your rival's turn?
·Not really about Possessed, but Beastmen may gain a mutation instead a skill. I've never had a Beastman player in my group, but seems OP to me. Wich mutations you allow, only the ones from Possessed or Chaos Carnival also? do you limit the number of mutations per model they may get? do they have to pay the gold for the mutation? do you allow the centigor get mutations also?
·"Stream of corruption" from Chaos Carnival seems pretty bad like it is described. Do you allow to run and shoot with this abbility or avoid the -1 to impact while moving at least?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord


Posts : 253
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-30

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general   Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 11:20

1. In groups I've played with, we've always played that just Possessed (and sometimes mutants have been included) are affected by spells that say they affect Possessed. I don't know how well that meshes with the official ruling, but I've never heard anyone say they feel like it gives the Cult too much of an advantage.

2. good question

3. CoC don't technically have "mutations", they have "blessings of nurgle", so thats not really an issue, as the rule specifies "mutations". It is a little over the top, but RAW they don't have to pay for the mutation, they just get to choose one. Again RAW, nothing keeping Centigors from getting one, as they have access to the Beastmen special skill table.

4. Probably getting tired of reading this by now, but RAW, you can't run and shoot, and you're subject to all regular shooting penalties, as the rules specify it as a shooting attack, with no other modifiers like thrown weapons, for example, have.

A lot of these questions really don't have much of an official answer, and you and your group basically just have to rule on them yourselves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Citizen Sade
Elder
Elder


Posts : 333
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-04-19
Location : Hitchin, Herts, UK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general   Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 12:29

1. The old FAQ about who's effected by blessed water & weapons might help though you'll have to house rule it. Discussed on an old thread here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord


Posts : 265
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-12
Location : Sweden

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general   Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 12:36

3. Concerning beastmen and mutations. The skill itself actually says that the beastman man buy one mutation, so it should cost them gold to do it. Also, remember that a skill can only be chosen once per hero so they can't stack multiple mutations on the same model.

Edit: And like Whiskey says, it's limited to the possessed mutations. No Nurgle's rot for you! Bad beastman!

Edit 2:

1. Now I can't seem to find it anywhere but I've read a recommendation from somewhere that vampires, zombies and dire wolves should count as "undead" while magisters, mutants and actual possessed are "possessed". The reasoning for the latter being that they're the ones directly in touch with daemons. It might seem unfair when you compare it to lowly zombies and dire wolves but I'll also say that the vampire is more important to the undead than any single warband member is to the possessed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord


Posts : 253
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-30

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general   Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 13:53

MasterSpark wrote:
3. Concerning beastmen and mutations. The skill itself actually says that the beastman man buy one mutation, so it should cost them gold to do it. Also, remember that a skill can only be chosen once per hero so they can't stack multiple mutations on the same model.

Edit: And like Whiskey says, it's limited to the possessed mutations. No Nurgle's rot for you! Bad beastman!

Edit 2:

1. Now I can't seem to find it anywhere but I've read a recommendation from somewhere that vampires, zombies and dire wolves should count as "undead" while magisters, mutants and actual possessed are "possessed". The reasoning for the latter being that they're the ones directly in touch with daemons. It might seem unfair when you compare it to lowly zombies and dire wolves but I'll also say that the vampire is more important to the undead than any single warband member is to the possessed.

Good lord, it does say "buy", not "get". I was way off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient


Posts : 571
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-04
Age : 26
Location : Denmark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general   Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 12:40

bitxo wrote:
· I've read in one FAQ the spells affecting Possessed affect the whole warband. That seems unfair compared to the Undead, where necromancer, dregs and ghouls are not affected. Any thoughts coming from someone experienced playing with/against Possessed?

That seems a bit too harsh. We play with Possessed/Mutants/Magister/Beastmen counting as 'Possessed', while the Brethren do not. Not too much of a change, but still something that makes a difference.

bitxo wrote:
·When you gain control over an enemy model using "lure of chaos", do you use that model in your turn or in your rival's turn?

Your turn. Otherwise it would create some tricky situations (who charges/shoots/casts first). This means that it's usually best to take over a spellcaster or shooter, as you can benefit from controlling them immediately instead of waiting for your next turn, where he's either KD/Stunned or control has been lost.

bitxo wrote:
·Not really about Possessed, but Beastmen may gain a mutation instead a skill. I've never had a Beastman player in my group, but seems OP to me. Wich mutations you allow, only the ones from Possessed or Chaos Carnival also? do you limit the number of mutations per model they may get? do they have to pay the gold for the mutation? do you allow the centigor get mutations also?

We allow *all* mutations from Possessed, Carnival, BtB supplement. But we're pretty open to a lot of new additions in general. Don't know if that's recommendable to every gaming group though Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general   Today at 11:37

Back to top Go down
 
Some questions about Possessed and mutations in general
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Possessed and Mutations
» Possessed warband
» mark 3 questions
» A General Thought Re: Poetry
» Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: