Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012 - 14:48

Thanks for the info...I haven't bought any new stuff from G.W. in quite awhile SO I'm not up to date. The emphasis on making their minis rank up & assemble easier is good news for Army builders & somewhat unfortunate for converters. C'est la vie, eh?! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 19:22

New book, new pics and motivation to paint again Razz Been painting my new house for the last week and still got loads to do but I got new models waiting for me when I am done Very Happy

Been painting and playing Dystopian Wars the last two months Very Happy

This is just 1500 points, the BSB is a new small conversion that is why he is not painted and the Shaggoth still needs his base to be done but it will be done of course Very Happy

Anyway enjoy the pics and I will update it as soon as I painted something, the BSB is next on my list and after that the Warhounds and another unit of 18 Warriors with ADHW.

Enjoy!!!

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000308u

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000309

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000310j

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000311z

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000313

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000314m

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000316r

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000317mg
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 19:45

The Chaos Guys are LOOKIN' GOOD! You've given them an impressively sinister appearance...appropriately. The high points cost of the Evil-Doers & the fewer minis needed does give you an opportunity to spend more time on individual minis...a plus in my books. GREAT WORK! thumbsup

How do you like Dystopian Wars? I've been checking out the ground forces...VERY COOL STUFF! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 3:23

YES! Another fine army of the Dark Gods! The warriors are looking sweet. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 17:04

Thanx guys, I am really happy people like the look of them Very Happy

@Deafnala, Dystopian Wars is a really fun game to play but we only play the Naval version of it with some Air units. The system uses a Damage Rating system which you have to get more hits then the Rating in order to do damage. Now you might think well that is easy but it is actually pretty hard to get to the Damage and Critical Rating. But the game uses a exploding 6 mechanics that means that every 6 you roll it will count for 2 hits and you can reroll every 6 you roll. So it is a pretty fun game with some fast going action and some really nice models Very Happy

Some pics for you.

I went for a WW II Pacific style look with the grey ship and red bottom. I did my essay on the war in the Pacific that is why I chose that painting scheme. The Tiny Flyers also got a little red block on there tail but it does not show in the pics. I want to tie everything in with the grey and red.

I got 3x Gunships, who are a lot better then the Cruisers on the left in the pics and I got a giant squid called Ika Very Happy

BTW I play the Japanese of course Very Happy

Anyway I hope you like them.

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000291e

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000292p

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000293

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 17:15

Thanks for the photos. The ships, both air & sea, look TERRIFIC; nice choice of colors. One of the Fellows that haunts the Great Hall of Games has a Fleet based on the Spanish American War Great White Fleet...it's very impressive. This definitely is the Golden Age of War Gaming. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2013 - 16:04

Your right there that this is the Golden Age Very Happy Some really nice models keep coming out Very Happy

Anyway since I only had one Sorcerer and I see a lot of lists that are 2000+ with two I decided to get another one.
Well this is her in all her glory Very Happy I know it is nothing special but still I hope guys like it.

Her hair and boots need some highlighting and the base needs to be done of course.

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000329p

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000330n

This Wednesday she is getting her first battle of 2250 points against Undead of High Elves. My opponent is still deciding what to bring.

I made a nice list that looks really great on the table that is an all comers list that will be going with me to some tournaments this year. Most tournaments are 2000 points but when they are bigger I will put another Sorcerer with it and maybe my Warshrine.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2013 - 16:26

The Witchy Woman look SPLENDID...GREAT flesh tones. You might get away with just doing a gloss finish on her boots; there doesn't appear to be much in the way of undercuts on the things. FINE WORK! thumbsup

Have FUN at the game! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2013 - 17:41

Thanx mate that gloss finish is a great idea I will give that a try.
As you can see she is just a simple Dark Elf Sorceres Razz but hey if it works it works Very Happy

I will try to get as much done as possible and keep posting but I am also busy with moving and taking care of my new house so it will be a bit slow. When I am all settled I will paint faster and more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013 - 13:18

I was checking if I got everything ready and in my bag for the game for tonight and I decided to make a couple pics of my 2250 points army that is going for a good fight this evening. The red unit in the middle is bought from my mate and it needs a repaint and a unit filler but I will make that when everything is painted so I can really only concentrate on making a sweet unit filler for my army.
Anyone got any nice ideas I want it Slaanesh themed.

I just love the look of all plate Very Happy

Hope you guys enjoy it!

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000335s

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000336o

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000337

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000338

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000338g
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013 - 13:50

The Chaos Lads are coming along VERY nicely. What troop types are you planning on adding to the Warriors? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013 - 18:11

Glad you like them Very Happy
I really would like to add a chariot or two but I first want to finish everything before I start buying new stuff.
Still got a warshrine that needs some paint and I just got Sigvald in to lead them in bigger battles Very Happy
So the list is:
Paint the ADHW Warriors, Warhounds and do all the bases, build unit filler.
Paint Sigvald and the Warshrine and then I am set with everything I got.

After that I will look at other stuff Very Happy March 9 I am going to move so when we got that done I got some more time to paint so stuff will be done in a quicker rate then it is going now.

When this army is done I will concentrate on the Middenheimers I started to build Razz

I will keep you updated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 10:25

Forgot about the Hero's and Lord so here they are.

I also got Sigvald in and he will be painted somewere next week I hope (if I can find some time in between moving house) cause he will be leading my army in a mega battle that we are gonna play in 3 weeks. I will be fielding 3000 points of Warriors and we are probably gonna play about 5000 or 6000 points.

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Wp000339u
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 22:45

The Command Groups looks suitably IMPRESSIVE in an EVIL sort of way...VERY WELL DONE!
thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos   First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Fantasy army: Warriors of Chaos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2