Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive

Go down 
+11
christian
Da Bank
Gatlag Stonetooth
Alex
floedebolle
DeafNala
Stronzo
Spectre76
folketsfiende
Grimscull
WarbossKurgan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 12:39

Thanks Alan!

The Skinny-men

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170201_074456_zpsmtlyqtko

I have finished painting the last three kit-bashed Van Saar gangers for The Skinny-men. They will not be expanded to a "full" Necromunda gang in the foreseeable future as they will be used in our Inquisitor-themed "open play" Kill Team games. They will mainly feature as NPCs but I may use them as my Kill Team this week, to introduce them to the campaign.

Shaw Crompton

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170201_074602_zpsx1qrvime

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170201_074606_zpsqefben8x

Clayton Hall

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170201_074610_zpsmjxizwhq

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170201_074614_zpspmjcuyxp

Heaton Park

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170201_074617_zpssydiotge

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170201_074622_zpsatvufj3q

With this small group completed I will start looking for parts to make The Gothermogs (Escher) and the Slipgibbets (Scavvies).

The gang names come from this page by John Blanche.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Tumblr_mgfwjmA9LU1s28zqmo1_500_zpsua9hee1g
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 13:19

The Latest Lads look WONDERFUL. They are some of the FINEST of your recent brushwork. VERY WELL DONE!  thumbsup
The names back up my theory that writers, particularly rules writers, have no concept of what makes a good color scheme, AND artists should stick to their craft...they are pretty forgettable names.  Suspect
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 14:34

DeafNala wrote:
The names back up my theory that writers, particularly rules writers, have no concept of what makes a good color scheme, AND artists should stick to their craft...they are pretty forgettable names.  Suspect
The names will have more significance to residents of Manchester... Wink tongue
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 19:31

WarbossKurgan wrote:

The names will have more significance to residents of Manchester... Wink tongue

I would imagine so. Does John B. hail from Manchester?   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 21:55

Good job on the skinny-men. The paintjob is nice, but why is the front right one's skintone different fron the others'?
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Feb 2017 - 11:07

DeafNala wrote:
Does John B. hail from Manchester?   What a Face
I'm afraid I don't understand the reference. Who is John B?
Question

Grimscull wrote:
why is the front right one's skintone different fron the others'?
He was painted as a test and I went a with a different recipe for the rest of the group. He doesn't look so different in real life - the lighting in the photos seems to have exaggerated the pinkish colour of Abraham's skin and the yellowish colour of the others'.
pale
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Feb 2017 - 13:34

WarbossKurgan wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
Does John B. hail from Manchester?   What a Face
I'm afraid I don't understand the reference. Who is John B?
Question

...John Blanche...you remember the Artiste Guy you mentioned in your previous post;  

WarbossKurgan wrote:

The gang names come from this page by John Blanche.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Feb 2017 - 12:53

Did you hear that noise? That was the sound of me slapping myself! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Yes, re-reading now it's pretty obvious you meant that John B!!

No, as far as I know Mr Blanche is from the Nottingham(ish) area originally. Sir, yes sir!

I misunderstood your comment about unmemorable names: I thought you were talking about the names of my individual gangers Embarassed  (they are all named after Metrolink stops in Manchester). The names Skinny-men, Gothermogs and Slipgibbets were probably not chosen by JB to be gangs. It's more likely they were just written as part of an "atmosphere" piece to sound weird, with no further meaning assigned to them. Mr Blanche likes to provide hooks to trigger the imagination, rather than "facts" about the Warhammer universes.

When I was writing some background about the Mancunius Dome I came across the page of artwork from JB at the time I was coming up with lists of local gang names.
study

Anyway... Godfather Viktor and I have game 2 of "The Guardian's Network" campaign scheduled for today. I'll try to get some photos and a quick report up this afternoon.
pirat
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Feb 2017 - 13:55

WarbossKurgan wrote:

Anyway... Godfather Viktor and I have game 2 of "The Guardian's Network" campaign scheduled for today. I'll try to get some photos and a quick report up this afternoon.
pirat

OH BABY...I do enjoy your battle reports even is it is just to stare at the photos.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Feb 2017 - 17:08

The Guardian's Network - campaign game 2

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_123556_zpslbmzfo3k

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_131411_zpsfdco4wtt

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_130926_zpsgztaqvby

(report incoming...)
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Feb 2017 - 17:51

The Guardian's Network

Campaign game 2: "Forward Push"

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_125749_zpsbiyndnum

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_125537_zpserdfk4oc

Water dripped noisily in the darkness. Newton Heath and his Van Saar gang advanced cautiously through and tangled mess of dead power conduits and broken reinforced concrete. Their suit-lights were set to low so they could still see but hopefully not draw too much attention to themselves.

Static crackled in Heath's ear, a broken voice spoke quietly over his comm-bead: "Cloak." He keyed his mic twice in acknowledgement but did not speak. It was Clayton Hall with the prearranged signal that he had emerged from the underground tunnels somewhere and he had found a suitable place with good cover.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_125818_zpsq9tkn5pa

Heath looked behind him to where Bowker Vale stood, double-checking his Plasma Gun. Abraham Moss and Shaw Crompton hovered either side of the red-robed Dalton.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_125907_zpsxwfnurpg

Static again: "Arrow." Two mic clicks acknowledged again. Heaton Park was ready as well: somewhere with a clear path to the target. Everyone was ready. Heath keyed his mic again, this time he spoke: "Trespass."

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_125900_zps8o4yhvej

Park burst out of his hiding place and sprinted into the open. Heath and his group advanced at a walking pace; they fanned-out as the moved, in low-crouched firing stances, weapons shouldered at the ready and sweeping the area.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_130904_zpsgpnafhca

Park quickly found one of the three items they were looking for, but it was rigged with explosives, so he backed off rather than risk getting killed by it.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_130909_zps2plozcsd

Heath and Crompton rushed towards the shrine.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_130926_zpsgztaqvby

While Vale, Moss and Dalton headed toward another ruined factory structure that looked ripe for looting.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_130955_zpsh5smnazm

Fanatics from the Cult of the Divine Illumination also made their way to the shrine.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_131005_zps3m5qv7e3

More of them (including their Wyrd and mercenary) headed through the shattered factory.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_131343_zps5glt5mmb

Magister Scillas pounced on Clayton Hall and cut the unfortunate ganger down.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_131354_zps3vycjzfv

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_132037_zpsokfux6nk

Bowker Vale took up position in the building at the edge of the factory.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_132045_zpsljvw26xb

Heaton Park took cover and fired on the Cult's Heavy Stubber, that was in cover and on a higher level.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_132338_zpstj2fryuq

Heath and Crompton moved into position to assault the shrine.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_132323_zpsokphqvux

The Cult's Wyrd hurled pyromantic fires into the building...

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170203_132612_zpsgcpmcsjs

And Vale went down!

+++

After the loss of Vale the Skinny-men fell back, in good order, but fully aware they were beaten today.

+++

Viktor scored 2VP (First Blood for killing Clayton Hall, and Objective Secured, for the loot in the shrine) and I scored zero.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Feb 2017 - 19:39

SPLENDID! That was a WONDERFULLY cinematic game. The scenery & minis are BEAUTIFUL. GREAT STUFF!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2017 - 14:34

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_130846_zpsldhp0wly

The Guardian's Network - part 3 "Alone in the dark"

Inquisitor Lenk pushed through the crowds in the Shambles market, closely followed by his retinue. Hordes of local underhivers filled the winding narrow streets: traders, miners, guilders, gangers, beggars and thieves. Flickering neon signs above windows with open shutters illuminated the customers around each business in garish colours, while hand-carts pushed by merchants shouting their wares jostled for space in the throng. Lenk was here to investigate reports of another "miracle" performed by an agent of the so-called Guardian. His informant had not been able to go into specifics but the rumours were persistently centred on the Shambles market.

Gunshots roared, echoed off the metal walls. The power for the whole area went off, plunging most streets into darkness and chaos. Panic spread through the crowd as people tried to escape the darkness. The crowds quickly dispersed and the dark streets were left empty. Lenk found himself separated from his party and alone in the gloom.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_131044_zpsny882rwj

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_131049_zpsgvaxav6n

Tarkloth the Servo-Skull Collector and Fishgutter of the Sumptreaders were far off on Lenk's right but out of sight of the Inquisitor.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_131100_zps9intkv9o

Rockwell, the moonface-masked Bounty Hunter quickly found his employer.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_131108_zpsj4zynqw6

Servitor Drone Mordrux floated slowly through an area that had, just minutes before, been filled with locals using empty oil drums as card tables.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_131113_zpseucyqj2l

The gunfire that caused the panic may have been the work of Quintus Severus' henchmen, some of whom appeared out of the darkness.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_131123_zps2ni9r5fz

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_132525_zpsx2m3akln

Tarkloth and Fishgutter investigated some ancient archeotech, left behind by traders or miners.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_132530_zpsf0uxxwj6

Lenk also found some abandoned gear.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_132535_zpsj3gcst3e

Quintus Severus made a dramatic entrance as Servitor Drone Mordrux's plasma weapon blew itself up!

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_132541_zps3na0c5bx

Rockwell the Bounty Hunter was gunned down!

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_132554_zpsnnfog9nj

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_132606_zpsx2stbixm

Tarkloth panicked!

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_133450_zpsnrtbftau

Severus's Scribe attacked Fishgutter but Bull Lansen came to his aid, the huge Sumptreaders Gang Leader appeared out of nowhere and body-slammed the weedy scribe to the ground!

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_133832_zps3z9wcdm9

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_133454_zpsoqwdbdlp

Balthasar Tirpitz, Rogue Trader and gunslinger, opened fire on the Sumptreaders.

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 20170216_133509_zpsgnnqwhod

Severus made for lenk - hoping to face his old colleague one-on-one. But Inquisitor Lenk could see that the day was lost and ordered his retinue to fall back. They slipped away in the stygian underhive blackness.

+++

Godfather Viktor scored 1VP for "First Blood" and 2VP for 2 "Objective Secured".
I scored 2VP for 2 "Objective Secured".

So Viktor won this round 3:2.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2017 - 14:59

GOOD LOOKING GAME! The scenery & miniatures are GORGEOUS. GREAT STUFF!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr 2017 - 1:17

Love the pics and updates Warboss.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr 2017 - 11:15

Nice to read from you Da Bank.

@ Warboss Kurgan: sorry for this very "basic" question but I couldn't find the answer while browsing through your last posts. What exactly is it you play? I mean the rules, is it standard 40k, or Kill Team, or Inq28 or something else? I never played any of those. Are you going to give this "Shadow War: Armageddon" a chance?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr 2017 - 4:07

Grimscull hello, been a long time. Hope all is good for you. I have been busy for the past few years.

Warboss kurgan has been playing old school necromunda. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive   Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome underhive
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7