Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+98
Csilva
ryryak
Rhydderch
Heretical
Lorka
Dapper
MagicJuggler
Sampson97
Citizen Sade
The Hobo Hunter
2704ENG
Yodhrin
Athanatosz
bitxo
mitokun
Calimbandil
Lord 0
Braddoc
FioredeiLiberi
Nordheim
Ranez
Grimscull
floedebolle
MasterSpark
Caledore
Josiah_Blessed
wrinklestiltskin
xarly22
Darthvegeta800
butthole_serfdom
DB 2.0
NoisyAssassin
beninator
Pikey
Aipha
avarua
Arathorn
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Mayonnaise
Pan Domingo
totzro
Jonadams2
Vagabond
qazbnm
BigD
Drut
tuxedokman
Nasse
HumanFly
WarbossKurgan
havre
Spectre76
brokenv
Pervavita
chaos wolf
aviphysics
plainoldandrew
Plutz
Lucas Blackwolf
Pilgrim Pod
Per
Pararoxy
Katsuhiko JiNNai
xlins
siredge
luckyjoe
Dribble Joy
Montegue
Eliazar
Pfreck
Soulblight
Bjornur
TreGod
felixjaeger
Alcaeus
Alex
BeanoMcsheff
Valtiel
Colonel_kex
Horatius
CountBale
Edyy
Rhoaran
smokezombie
jkeg
Commander Von Drake
BalrogTheBuff
Odin Morgrimmsson
Von Kurst
Louis
caratacos
SerialMoM
folketsfiende
Vissah
Saranor
Nexie
Skavenslayer
Dahag
102 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 26 May 2014 - 19:19

Ha! This is one of those instances that I feel advice would be counter-productive. You are winning so I figure that your opponents aren't asking for advice on the internet (or they got bad advice if they did).

Plus I don't know what house rules you might be using, etc.

So keep up the good work!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
DB 2.0
Youngblood
Youngblood
DB 2.0

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 27 May 2014 - 6:21

Third round in my W/L/D stats are now 3/1/2. my loss came the game I loaded up on Zombies, half of them got downed and of those casualties most of them where non recoverable, the survivors went down and all where non-recoverable next game.

the tactic that works for me is rush soft targets with my Dregs keeping them engaged then rock in my Vampire to knock them down or stun them then move on to the next engaged target wile the previously engaging target dose a Coup-de-Grace. tried the same thing with going 2 on 1 with Zombies, it didn't work out due to the lack of Parries and Armor Saves. next time I Zombie up I'll have to try 3 on 1.
Back to top Go down
butthole_serfdom
Youngblood
Youngblood
butthole_serfdom

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2014 - 9:18

A friend and I stumbled on Mordheim the other day, and we're in the process of picking warbands, making lists, and creating a table. I'm going to play Dwarf Treasure Hunters (or Ostland but leaning more towards DTHs), but as I've never played any table-top games let alone made a list I'm having trouble putting it all together. Any critique would be much appreciated.

Heroes

Dwarf Noble - 2 * Dwarf Axe

Engineer - 1 * crossbow; 1 * club, mace or hammer

2 * Troll Slayers - 1 * Dwarf Axe; 1 * axe

Henchmen

3 * Beardlings - 1 * axe; 1 * club, mace or hammer

Thunderer - 1 * crossbow; 1 * club, mace or hammer

Total cost = 500 gc
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2014 - 10:51

butthole_serfdom wrote:
Any critique would be much appreciated.

Dwarves are one of the races that can be a little diffcult to get going in Mordheim. The first few matches they will be struggling, but with the right strategy they can really perform well eventually.

One problem with dwarves are that the warband members (except for Beardlings) are expensive. This means it's difficult to get many members in the starting gang. (It's preferrable to have nine or more, due to the routing rules.). You seem to have lots of beardlings, though, which means you've got that part right. In the long run the beardlings will die off and be replaced with other better members.

Dwarves are slow, but tough. This means prolonged ranged fighting is good for you. In the long run you should aim for more crossbows. You will have better range, and your opponent will have a hard time taking you out from a distance. It's very difficult to squeeze one more thunderer into the starting warband without reducing your starting numbers to seven, but save up some gold for the investment.

If you would like to save some gc, then perhaps your Noble won't need two dwarf axes.

So, the short answer: I think your starting list looks fine.
Back to top Go down
butthole_serfdom
Youngblood
Youngblood
butthole_serfdom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2014 - 11:20

Thanks for the help folketsfiende.

butthole_serfdom wrote:
If you would like to save some gc, then perhaps your Noble won't need two dwarf axes.

If I was to drop the dwarf axes altogether, and pick up a two-handed axe with a shield it would save me 10 gc. Is that worth it? I figure if dwarfs are going to hit last most of the time I might as well hit hard and have a 6+ save as back-up.

EDIT: Just read that the 6+ shield save is against shooting only with the two-handed weapon. I'm lost. What's a good cost effective combo for a Dwarf Noble?
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:02

You're right about twohanded weapons being a good choice for low-I warriors, especially if they're also slow and less likely to charge than being charged. A 2h-axe might work well for the Noble, but also on any warrior that you can sneak up towards the enemy to take out one or two enemies that you've stunned or knocked down with croosbowfire.
Back to top Go down
butthole_serfdom
Youngblood
Youngblood
butthole_serfdom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Aug 2014 - 12:50

folketsfiende wrote:
You're right about twohanded weapons being a good choice for low-I warriors, especially if they're also slow and less likely to charge than being charged. A 2h-axe might work well for the Noble, but also on any warrior that you can sneak up towards the enemy to take out one or two enemies that you've stunned or knocked down with croosbowfire.

I was thinking of putting a two-handed weapon on the noble and one of the troll-slayers, whilst getting rid of the noble's shield. This'll save me 20gc, which I can put towards buying clansmen or thunderers when the beardlings die off.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Darthvegeta800
Champion
Champion
Darthvegeta800

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2014 - 15:28

My initial choice for Norse. With 500 GC starting budget, meant for a campaign.
I'm entirely new to the game.

Not sure on what skills to take.
I'm using the Dunlending Warriors and Rohan heroes from the Lotr miniatures range.
Going for light fantasy Vikings.

Also are throwing axes / javelins worthwhile?

HEROES:

1) Jarl (has 20XP)

Cost 70 GC
Sword 10GC
Free Dagger
Shield 5 GC
Helmet 10 GC

total 95 GC

2) Ulfwerenar (has 11XP)

Cost 90 GC
May not wear equipment

total 90 GC

3) Berserker 1 (has 11XP)

50 GC
Double Handed weapon 15 GC
-> hoping to use str/frenzy
Free Dagger
Can't wear armor

Total: 65 GC

3) Berserker 2 (has 11XP)

50 GC
Double Handed weapon 15 GC
-> hoping to use str/frenzy
Free Dagger
Can't wear armor

Total: 65 GC

5) Bondsman 1 (has 0XP)

15 GC
Sword 10 GC
Free Dagger
Helmet 10 GC

Total: 35 GC

5) Bondsman 2 (has 0XP)

15 GC
Sword 10 GC
Free Dagger
Helmet 10 GC

Total: 35 GC

TOTAL HEROES GC:
185+130+70 = 385GC

-------

HENCHMEN: (115 GC left)

Hunter 1

25 GC
Bow 10 GC
Free Dagger

Total 35

Hunter 2

25 GC
Bow 10 GC
Free Dagger

Total 35

Marauder 1

25 GC
Shield 5GC
Helmet 10GC
Axe 5GC

Total 45 GC

Henchmen total 115 GC

WARBAND TOTAL 385 GC + 115 GC = 500 GC

What do you guys think? Decent enough?
Back to top Go down
http://ronalddelval.wordpress.com/
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2014 - 11:49

Hi!, this is the Marienburg Starting warband that i use to prepare for campaings:

Heroes:

Captain: Helmet, sword, bow 90

Champion: sword, bow, helmet 65

Champion: hammer, bow 48

Youngblood: sword, 25

Youngblood: hammer 18

Henchmen

5 Warriors: axe, bow 200

2 Marksmen: long bow, aditional dagger 84

Hired Sword

Tilean Marksman 30

Elf ranger 40

Total: 600

initial warband value: 153

the strategy is simply: Use the elf ranger and the tilean marksmen to hunt the enemy missile troops.
We have 10 more men with bows. Theese men are going to go on slowly using their bows for shooting the enemies that are nearest, and if it´s possible to stun the enemy before charging to the colse combat.
The warriors are equiped with bow and axes becuase i like to use the kislevite kossaks warriors for them Wink.

It is really expensive to have 2 hired swords at the starting of the campaing, but, that two men are a really good option at the starting becuase they have really good skills for hunting the marksmen enemies.
Back to top Go down
wrinklestiltskin
Youngblood
Youngblood
wrinklestiltskin

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep 2014 - 14:10

Hey Guys,

Bought a box of savage orcs and I liked them so much I decided to make a Mordheim list of them. I'm using the regular O&G list, I was tempted to use the black orc list, but I felt the O&G list was more in line with what I wanted to get out of the list. This is what I came up with:
Heroes:
Orc Boss(125), Crossbow/Light Armour/Shield/Axe
Shaman (50), Sword
Big 'Un(55), Axe/Bow
Big 'Un(70), Sword/Sword/Light armor
Hired Sword:
Black Orc Overseer(60)
Henchmen:
Orc Boy(40), Shield/Spear
Orc Boy(30), Axe
Orc Boy(35), Bow
Orc Boy(35), Bow

So the idea is to have 4 guys providing fire support, The black orc overseer snuffs out animosity, so that should give me 5 guys that can go out and hopefully be reliable in combat or other stuff.

EDIT: our group has armour at half price. So the numbers are correct and add up to 500.
Back to top Go down
Josiah_Blessed
Youngblood
Youngblood
Josiah_Blessed

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep 2014 - 19:58

Keep in mind these are just my opinions, I have less experience with Orcs than other bands, but I have played them a few times. That being said, I've never really had an issue with animosity hitting me that badly with the orcs, not sure if the Hired Sword is necessary for the cost.

Also, unless your group has another house rule that buffs shields or armor, I'm still not sure how helpful it is in a starting warband, lots of strength 4 attacks from the beginning makes light armor not so good.

The only other thing I might say is that I have had great success in the past with taking a troll at the start. Having a killer tank like that from the beginning means he can personally route most warbands as long as your boss runs up with him and you get him in combat to ignore stupidity. As long as you keep the coin to keep him fed he can't die due to the OOA portion of his regenerate ability.

I don't see anything wrong in this list, just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
wrinklestiltskin
Youngblood
Youngblood
wrinklestiltskin

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep 2014 - 20:48

Thanks for that.
I've been kitbashing so I did model some of the orcs with armour plates, but I can leave it off in the list for sure.

I've never played orcs before, but I used to play Beasts of Chaos; I had a terrible habit of failing my unruly rolls. So I'm worried if I have to roll for animosity, I can see myself rolling double 1's every other throw.

Starting with a troll? I didn't do that as I thought more bodies was better than big bodies. A list like that would be troll + 4 heroes. That would paint up quickly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Josiah_Blessed
Youngblood
Youngblood
Josiah_Blessed

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep 2014 - 21:11

No problem. My standard list starting with a troll was this:

Boss with 2 clubs = 86
Shaman with club = 43
Big'n with club = 43
Big'n with club = 43
Troll = 200
Boy with club = 28
Boy with club = 28
Boy with club = 28
Total should be 499

Equipment is light but everyone can still make 2 attacks to support the troll as it tears up the other side. Shooting can be a problem, but the troll is pretty fast and can get up to them fast. I put the 3 boys in separate groups to hopefully get Lad's got talent. I spend the next few games getting equipment (especially bows or x-bows if you want a shooting hero for range support) and I keep a small reserve in case a game goes poorly and the troll needs food.
Back to top Go down
wrinklestiltskin
Youngblood
Youngblood
wrinklestiltskin

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 7:47

Thanks for that, some definate food for thought.
On one hand I like trolls. Five games into our campaign I still don't have the gold that would buy a troll, so that supports getting him sooner rather than later.

On the other hand, I had planned to do a 1 box warband. I would need to get a troll extra, I'm a big fan of WYSIWYG, so either I keep working on the miniatures or I buy a second box....... desperate

I'll think about it. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. If nothing else, I see I missed the errata that Orcs can take clubs. That'll give me some nice new modelling opportunities. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pikey
Youngblood
Youngblood
Pikey

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2014 - 20:24

Ok looking at a Cult of the Possessed warband for a new campaign starting in November. Can I get some comments on the below; wanted a bit of variety with the mutations.

Magister, sword, free dagger

Possessed, tentacle

Mutant, extra arm, 3 hammers

Mutant, tail, axe, free dagger

2 Beastmen, 1 hammer each, free dagger each

2 Brethren, free dagger each

500gc on the nose.
Back to top Go down
Josiah_Blessed
Youngblood
Youngblood
Josiah_Blessed

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2014 - 23:02

I think this list could work well, my standard starting list is different, but I don't see a problem here if this warband fits what you want.

My thoughts are these, if you are looking for advice from someone who plays possessed, or use to at least.
1) scorpion tails give you the best bang on a mutant. They can't learn strength skills so having the str 5 attack is incredibly helpful even later in the campaign, I think it is much better than extra arm unless you have special dual wield/shield rules.

2) Great claw is the way to go on possessed. Extra attack at str 5 from the outset crushes.

3) Two possessed on the field can wipe entire warbands out, so I start with 2 with great claws and nothing else, I find that getting them in early for the extra exp is worth losing the oppertunity to create a monster with multiple mutations. I start without a second mutant instead and have only a single beast man as a henchman, but I found I would beat pretty much any other starting warbands consistently. I then buy the 2nd mutant for game 2, and 2 more beast men ASAP.

4) I try to not buy brethren until a beast man get lgt, but that is my preference and bad luck can keep you at 5 heroes for several games.

5) I don't like tentacles, but I guess that's personal preference.

I apologize for grammar and spelling as I am on my iPhone.
Back to top Go down
Pilgrim Pod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Pilgrim Pod

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2014 - 15:16

Hey there. I'm a newbie to Mordheim so if anyone could just help me a little with my list that would be appreciated. I just want to know if it is legal and not overwhelmingly underpowered.

Marienburg Mercenaries

Captain 120
-Dagger
-Brace of duelling pistols
-Sword

Champion 60
-Dagger
-Pistol
-Sword

Champion 65
-Dagger
-Bow
-2 swords

Youngblood 35
-Dagger
-Bow
-Halberd

Youngblood 31
-Dagger
-2 maces
-Bow

3 Marksmen 129
-Dagger
-Long Bow
-Mace

3 Swordsmen 135
-Dagger
-2 swords
-Bow

Total - 575 gold crowns

I'm just looking for a fun warband with which to paticipate in a campaign whilst learning the ropes. Thanks for any help in advance!
Back to top Go down
Caledore
Champion
Champion
Caledore

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:39

It looks pretty good. Well balanced, a good number of people, and some nice equipment for the leader.

If it were me, I'd strip the bows off the swordsmen and youngbloods and give the champion with a pistol a brace of dueling pistols instead, at least if you have the models for it. Dueling pistols are so wonderful and one of my favorite things about Mercenaries.

Youngbloods with BS2 won't hit much with bows - just two negative modifiers (cover, long range, moving) will mean they can't even hit. With the right advances, they can become good ranged heroes, but starting out the BS2 is just so unreliable.

Swordsmen aren't bad with bows, but with their expert swordsmen skill they reward playing aggressively. I just don't like investing that much on a model that can die on a 1-2 - even without the bows they are a hefty 55 gold each. That's a personal preference though; the bows do give them some firepower when the enemy is outside of charge range so they aren't a bad choice.  

You may consider not starting the 2x sword champion with the 2nd sword, as a 2nd sword provides him with no bonus compared to a mace or axe, at least until he gets the expert swordsman skill.

Those are all just minor tweaks however. Even without them I think the list will serve you well.
Back to top Go down
Pilgrim Pod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Pilgrim Pod

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:47

Thanks for the pearls of wisdom Caledore! I'll be sure to implement a lot of your suggestions. Now to purchase some Empire this weekend and start kitbashing!
Back to top Go down
Caledore
Champion
Champion
Caledore

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014 - 15:42

No problem! Marienburg was my very first warband, way back in 1999, so I have a soft spot for them. Your starting list is much, much better than mine was when I first started.

Enjoy kit-bashing...Mordheim is the perfect game for it.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Dec 2014 - 17:02

I used the following Undead warband to start with in the currently running campaign I'm playing in. It has served really well so far. We use house rules to cut armour and some other costs in half but you could replace the heavy armour in this list for something else, it really didn't make that much of a difference.

Vampire 155
-halberd
-bow
-heavy armour (25g in our play)

Necromancer 35
-dagger

Dreg 25
-sword (5g)
-dagger

Dreg 25
-spear (5g)

Dreg 20
-dagger

Ogre Bodyguard 80
-double-handed weapon
-light armour

4 Ghouls 160 (split them up as you see fit)

500 gold on the dot.
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Dec 2014 - 18:13

Ah, undead , good choice and fun to play! Hope you´ll get them throught the starting phase, and the ogre will help for sure, good muscle!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014 - 21:00

I've used them for 11 games now and they certainly did get through the starting phase!

I tend to play very conservatively with my heroes, and especially the vampire, so the ogre was extremely helpful for bringing the muscle I needed to attack with confidence. The constant drain of his upkeep is a bit of a pain, though, but he has made some good advancement rolls so I believe he's still worth the while.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Feb 2015 - 12:29

I'll be beginning a Restless Dead warband in a couple of weeks and I think I've come up with a pretty cool starting lineup.

Liche 125

Necromancer 40
-weapon

Grave Guard 45
-halberd

Grave Guard 45
-halberd

Grave Guard 45
-halberd

Warlock 30
-staff

3 Wights 90
-weapon

4 Zombies 60

Totals 480gc

You have 20 gc over so you can add some kind of weapon(s) to the necromancer and wights. In our campaign we've levelled the prices of the common hand weapons (sword, axe, mace) to 5 gold, so I will be going with a mix.

It's already at the maximum number of 12 models with a hired sword to bump it all the way up to 13!

One thing I've been thinking about is how to split the wights up, if at all. Since you can only have 3 of them, and they're the only chance to get a 6th hero, you want to make as many advance rolls as quickly as you can with them. However, if you run them all in singles then you risk losing your entire investment much more.

I have rolled my spells and ended up with Living Horror and Call of Vanhel for the liche, Deathly Visage for the necromancer (Sad) and Fireball + Silver Arrows on the Warlock. I think he's going to prove useful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2015 - 5:05

Quote :
One thing I've been thinking about is how to split the wights up, if at all. Since you can only have 3 of them, and they're the only chance to get a 6th hero, you want to make as many advance rolls as quickly as you can with them. However, if you run them all in singles then you risk losing your entire investment much more.

In a warband like this keeping your only LGT candidates together in one group doesn't seem a good plan. One chance versus three chances, even I can do that math. I never worry about the investment in henchmen being lost, but then most of my henchmen have +1 Ld and I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next