Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective Empty
PostSubject: BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective   BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 5:07

Hey,

In our Border Town Burning campaign we have a Restless Dead warband pursuing the Silent Threat objective. A big part of how warbands following this objective can gain bonus CPs is through the use of poison. The trouble is that the Liche and Necromancer are the only two warriors capable of searching for rare items and poison is always rare. This severly restricts the warband as opposed to other warbands that can follow the Silent Threat objective that can potentially have six heroes searching for poison.

Our question is... should Wight Blades be classified as a form of poison for the purpose of this objective? They have the same effect as Black Lotus (but caused by the weapons being laced with dark magic) and this would be fairly equivalent to a skaven warrior with Weeping Blades which is always coated in Black Lotus.

Thanks,

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective   BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 8:02

I think rule wise, its gonna be a no - but balance (fun for the player) wise i let it go in my group.

Fluff ? I dont really know...

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective   BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 18:45

Yes, I think so. Wight blades should indeed classify for the CP bonus and the objective's fluff (and rules!) should be adjusted accordingly.

However, I don't keep track of this kind of stuff anymore. If anyone cares to note down this answer, feel free to do so and collect them in an unofficial FAQ. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective   BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2011 - 2:14

Thanks for your response. Very Happy

Sad about no more erratas in the future for BTB but I understand that there needs to be a point to move forward. I might start a TBMF thread to act as a BTB unofficial FAQ and link to all of the answers that never made it into the BTB 2.0 release.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective   BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2011 - 8:14

Yes, please go ahead and do so. I'll put a link to your thread in the BTB main thread then.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective   BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB - Restless Dead and the Silent Threat Objective
Page 1 of 1