Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband

Go down 
+9
Myntokk
Anthonius
Eliazar
Kpok
folketsfiende
Von Kurst
Jacko' lantern
DeafNala
vidrian
13 posters
AuthorMessage
vidrian
Youngblood
Youngblood
vidrian

Trading Reputation : 0

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Empty
PostSubject: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011 - 20:06

Well what better way to start on this forum then show of the warband that I'm working on right now?

This my orc warband: da toof digga's. It started out with a very small band because i took a troll to start with making the total starting band only 4 orcs, 3 goblins, and 1 troll big...but after a few games it started to grow, and grow and right now it's a 15 man (14 orcs and 1 troll ) band of green savages! although only half the band is painted, I figured I might as well show it all.

HEROES!
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Heroes1y
From left to right: The Shaman, Orc boss, big'un, big'un and the beserker. Apart from the shaman these are pretty heavy conversions, both the big'uns are made from a combination of black orc and normal orc parts making them look a bit bigger and more badass. the Beserker has the arms from the boar chariot set (i was very glad i found those) and the axe is also from the black-orc set. all of them have been doing amezing in the campain, with T5-T6 they're almost impossible to wound and they know it!

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Xbowhero1
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Xbowhero2
Now this guy is a heavy conversion, this is my crossbow hero with loader goblin on his back. the Xbow is completely build from scratch since all the crossbow parts i could find where either to small or not very orky. the goblin is standing on a small platform with bolt quivers on both sides. he's got his first game tomorrow, and he probably won't do much, but a shooty orc hero just sounded wacky enough to try.

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Troll1
The painted troll. He is not as bright as all the other orcs who are just as fibrant as my O&G army. I had really trouble figuring out how to paint him, but the darker sceme isn't tobad, i just wish i had some more bright detail on him.

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Warbandgoblinsbows1
Goblins with bows, these little runts keep the enemy from shooting my orcs. some small conversions with backpacks, extra knifes and whatnot. however after a few games they where either dead, retired or eaten by a troll...I didn't really care for them to stay in the since they never really do...anyway but dying.

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Orcboyz1
The Orc boyz with axe and shield, these guys are amazing in the campaign, though and still pretty cheap, right now their the ones that shield my heroes from harm. As you guys can see all of them have gear and loot strapped to them, i imagine them going through the city taking with them what they want to sell or use. their not very converted, but a lot of kit bashing and swapping did make them a lot more personal.

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Orchalberdiers1
These are the newly created halberdiers, the hencemen group got an extra attack on their profile and we have changed the mordheim rules a bit to make 2handed weapons a better option, and i went for it. although the blades aren't very clear now that they are still white so you guys will have to wait for when they're painted.

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Arrerboyz1
And finally the last 2 henchmen: arrer boyz. even though shooting is very underpowered in mordheim, it's still handy to have at least a few archers in the warband, and these models are just very cool so i had to use them.

Most of the painted models still need a dullcoat which will take off the shine.

One of the greatest things about this warband is that all the models can be used in my O&G army which uses the same colours! So while making henchmen, i was also starting up my 20 man orc unit with 2 handweapons! :)

But that's the news up untill this moment, tomorrow there is another big game and we'll see how the warband does after that :)

I'd be happy to answer any question and Stay tuned for more!

Vid.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011 - 21:22

Hey Vid! WELCOME ABOARD! Enjoy your stay! cheers
That is a GREAT way to introduce yourself. All the Lads look FANTASTIC, although I must admit the Cross Bow Team is my favorite. Keep up the FINE WORK...it will be a pleasure watching the War Band develop. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011 - 10:36

wow! affraid
these are great!
that crossbow wielding orc is amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011 - 3:25

Very skillful use of plasticard! Welcome aboard, always nice to see another greenskin band. Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband 665330
Back to top Go down
vidrian
Youngblood
Youngblood
vidrian

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011 - 11:18

Ha thanks everybody, it's great to finally find a mordheim forum, since the hobby seems pretty dead out on the net.

Actually played 2 games the day after the post, got massacre in the first and my T5 big'un got shot right between the eyes with a crossbow-bolt. The doc couldn't do anything for him so it was time to find a replacement. however the orc boy that stepped up to the job was thrown into a well to search for some stones and came up ill and unable to fight his first game as a hero Razz
The second game went alot better as it actually turned into a giant shootout in the streets of mordheim. Since i got my crossbow hero i've been able to compete in a shooting battle and he got revenge and shot down one of the enemies heroes. Since his men where all hiding to stay out of my firing lanes, and my orcs where not planning on fighting his mercs without cover. So we shot some bolts over and back and eventually i noticed i was starting to loose the shoot-out, so i bolted! having already killed one of his heroes gave me alot of extra money (chance encounter scenario) and it was time to kit out this gang for some real heavy fighting!

I made the new list and upgraded some guys with some light armour, spears and shields which i will all model in de next 1-2 weeks and kitted out a new hero with 2 hammers or maces which will also be converted soon.
My crossbow guy got the quickshot skill, meaning he can now shoot 2 bolts every turn which is great!, he's already a dangerous individual now.
i also decided to retire the shaman, he's not been doing well and getting killed in the first game and not getting any spell of in the second made me want to slap him in the face. Since he's gotten some stupid skillups ( LD, I that kind of stuff) and a spell he almost never got off (fire of gork). so i retired wizbang da crazy and hired a new shaman: zigzag

Right now the warband looks like this: rating: 212

-Gorgat Gut-stabba: Orc boss w/ WS 5, BS 6, resilient with axe, sword, bow, crossbow, light arm, shield
-Rotzog: Big'un w/ Mighty blow, Resilient with axe, sword, shield
-Gorka da cleava: Orc boy w/ strongman, resilient, ws4 and A2 with a 2handed-axe and the hardened injury
-Dizbag: Orc boy w/ quickshot and BS4 with a crossbow and shield
-Borak: Orc boy w/ S4 with 2 maces ( he's the new guy with only 2xp yet but i expect great things from him)
-Zigzag: Orc shaman w/ Clubba spell with a sword

-Da gutta's: 2man orc boyz w/ WS4, A2 with spears, shields and light armour
-Da Basha's: 2man orc boyz w/ A2 with halberds
-Da Stompa's: 2man orc boyz w/ A2 with axes and daggers
-Da Chukka's: 2man orc boyz w/ A2 with bows, axes, daggers
-Trogg da immortal: Troll

Been having great rolls on my henchmen and most of my heroes and since we decided to turn down the max size of an orc warband to 15 all i have to do is keep upgrading their weaponry and armour and buy reinforments when some get killed.

That's it for now, so stay tuned and keep playing mordheim you all!

Vid.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011 - 15:25

Very, very nice warband. Your conversions are top notch, and your painting very well executed. I'm looking forward to updates!

re: goblins:
They do tend to die a lot, don't they. My son, who is running a Ork warband, has abandoned them save for the necessary amount to handle any squigs. They can be very characterful, but gamewise they're probably best used as embellishment, like on your crossbowork.
Back to top Go down
Kpok
Hero
Hero
Kpok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011 - 19:33

I really like your crossbow conversion.
Well done sir Smile
Back to top Go down
vidrian
Youngblood
Youngblood
vidrian

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011 - 21:33

Alright guys! i've painted a bit more, made some pictures, and decide that it is time to introduce the band properly.

Over the next few weeks I will post pictures of the newest painted models with a short description of their life in mordheim up until that moment.

First up! a full warband shot with the painting progress so far:
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband 76226232
How ever, since we decided to reduce the max member amount of my Orc warband back to 15 the goblins are not fighting anymore.
If you look closely you can see that there are 3 models who still need an undercoat, and 3 models in the final stage of painting: the warboss in the middle, and the 2 big'uns on each side of the troll. other then that the rest is painted and protected!

Tomorrow i'll introduce the first few henchmen and the beserker, stay tuned!

Vid.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011 - 22:02

Wohoo, that's awesome! I really LOVE the bright green, nice and fresh colour scheme. And the conversions. Great job!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011 - 23:02

LOOKIN' GOOD!...a FINE choice of colors. Keep'em coming! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anthonius
Youngblood
Youngblood
Anthonius

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011 - 0:41

Awesome poses you've made there and very nice colours (biased as my first warband orcs thats sitting in my case is exact same colour scheme :L)
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011 - 5:53

Haha, very nice looking warband and Dizbag is an awesome conversion! I love the little "crow's nest" on his bag for the loader gobbo, and the scratch built crossbow looks perfect. Can't wait to see painted shots of him.
Back to top Go down
vidrian
Youngblood
Youngblood
vidrian

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011 - 11:38

Thanks for the reply's you all
@ Antonius: i'm glad you noticed the poses, i spend alot of time to create them this way and the orc models give alot of freedom to cut and paste body parts in order to create a certain pose. but the 2handed weapons are and poses are difficult since you need to allign the fists to fit the weapon.

It's time for another update!

I've been modelling to reinforce my orc warband, after last game i was able to spend my gold on gear and weapons and have made a henchmen group with light armour, shields and spears, my interceptors
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Orcspearmen1

since my one of my halbediers already looked more like a spearmen then a halbedier anyway, i decided to put those 2 together and make another halbedier model:
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Orchalberdier1
so right now i have 4 henchmen orc groups: halbediers, spearorcs, arrer boyz and axe and dagger boyz

but one orc also got promoted to a hero after the last game, thus Borak was created:
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Kegger1
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Kegger2
He's already got S4 and is walking around with 2 maces ( well 1 mace and a metal fist which works about the same) I wonder how he is going to be ingame

On top of this progress i also came up with an idea to incorporate my mordheim gang in my orc&goblins army. I am planning on building a special movement tray for these baby's ( all of them) where they actually will as "rank and file" and making them count as big'uns with 2 hand weapons. the Orc boss and unit champion, borak as musician ( beating on his keg that is) and some model as banner carrier...but i'm not sure how to use a banner in mordheim, but i'll figure something out once i need to make another hero ( which will happen for sure). The idea of the toof digga's comming out of mordheim loaded and experienced to join the fray of Waaagh Gazgar is just to good to pass up on!

stay tuned and i'll keep updating!

Vid.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011 - 13:33

VERY COOL additions to your War band...Warboss Kurgan uses his Lads for W.H.F.B. units also. The halberds look TERRIFIC, &, as always, the animation you bring to your minis make then OUTSTANDING little creations. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011 - 14:52

Hoho! That barrel-drummer is a top idea. I have to have one of those! IDEA LOOTED! Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband 665330

I don't use the standard bearers in Mordheim but each Warband does eventually get one so they can take to the battlefield in Warhammer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011 - 22:45

Most impressive! I love all the little conversions you've done so far, I especially like the Crossbow Hero.

The painting is top notch as well, looking forward to see more!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
vidrian
Youngblood
Youngblood
vidrian

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011 - 10:30

It's been a while since the last update, it has been a buisy month so i didn't have alot of time to work on the warband. But there was some progress!

We played some games yesterday, i played 2 of them myself, against a skaven band and my usual enemy the mercs. I won both of them and only lost 1 henchmen in the progress.

The orc boss is a badass shooter now, with the quickshot skill, a crossbow and normal bow he managed to get 4 kills in 2 games, which allowed me to pick another skill: weapon expert! I want him to walk around with an elven bow with hunting arrows to get the most out of his BS6, he will be my most versatile member both a killer in close combat, but also a big threat from afar.

The orc crossbow hero also did amazing, getting a total of 3 kills in 2 games with his crossbow, which allowed me to pick some new skills aswell! With eagle eye, trick shooter and dodge he is now a great sniper. I love putting him in a tower somewhere just shooting the hell out of everything below.

The rest of my heroes also got upgraded with bows and armor, although nothing great, and some skills to increase their killing power. One of my heroes got a +1 Toughness so I decided to make him a tank, making a new model for him with lots of armor, shields, and the resilient skill.

All in all the gang did great again, actually outshooting an aveland merc gang and gaining a lot of exp because of the underdog bonus.

I also finished painting some more model and finished the 2 big-uns, and the orc boss. I’ll post the pictures as soon as I make them.

Stay tuned!

Vid.
Back to top Go down
vidrian
Youngblood
Youngblood
vidrian

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeFri 4 Mar 2011 - 18:13

Owkee so it took a bit longer then I expected BUT here's another update:

the finished Boss:
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Warbandbosscolor1
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Warbandbosscolor2
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Warbandbosscolor3

He took ages to finish, but then again, i did have alot of projects next to this boss ( like the rest of the gang Razz )

I also made the Standart bearer/hero for my warband, since i want to use them in my normal FB battles i had to make a standart. in mordheim he is the most 'ard boy around, with T5 and resilient, heavy armour and shield he's the tank of the gang. Since the banner makes it almost impossible for him to get into cover i decided to play him as a tank too, cover is for pansy's anyway!
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Bsb1
Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Bsb2

So that's the update for now, i forgot to take pictures of the biguns, but i'll make those the next time i update.

Stay tuned!

Vid.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeFri 4 Mar 2011 - 19:09

EXCELLENT job on The Boss...the choice of color is perfect. The Standard Bearer looks cool; Warboss Kurgan also has his War Bands set up for use as units in W.F.B.. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeSat 5 Mar 2011 - 0:03

Great models, but Orcs using Panzee bows?! Wotz all dat about den?! Wink
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitimeSat 5 Mar 2011 - 12:52

Gotta love the Orcs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband   Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Da toof digga's, vidrians Ork warband
Page 1 of 1