Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Game of Thrones

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sartori
General
General
sartori

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010 - 20:20

For those of you not familiar with the books, or the upcoming TV series, or that have read the books, but are not familiar with the TV series:

A Song of Fire and Ice is an epic low-fantasy series (meaning, magic and monsters exist, but are not commonplace), written by George R. R. Martin. If I used movie-ratings I would definitely go for a straight up R-rating as it has a lot of adult content. The characters, the POV writing style, the fact that you can never tell if most characters are truly good or evil, are all huge draws for myself and the rest of the fans. Unfortunately, we have been waiting a very long time for book 5.

What I am most excited about though is that HBO is adapting the series into a show. Each season will cover one book, and it should be starting some time next spring. The cast is amazing, and the production values will be top notch.

Teaser trailer is here

Behind the scenes featurette is here

Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeSun 3 Oct 2010 - 19:32

Reading the books right now... first 3 books in little over 3 weeks... this is really awesome cant wait for the series!
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010 - 22:46

So just to clarify, the book series is called A Song of Fire and Ice, and the first book is called A Game of Thrones. This is really getting me amped up, and they just released two new trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNhgIjyEock&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43LW7a_NKMk&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010 - 0:09

I admit I have yet to read the books, but the minis by Dark Sword look UBERCOOL...of course a Spring release conflicts with Baseball...decisions, decisions. Suspect What a Face
Back to top Go down
The_Ferret
Veteran
Veteran
The_Ferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011 - 13:35

Just hanging out waiting for George to complete the next book ... an awesome series!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 1 of 1