Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Stupidity test failed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

Trading Reputation : 0

Stupidity test failed Empty
PostSubject: Stupidity test failed   Stupidity test failed Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar 2010 - 15:15

Hi again,

Worryingly the rules for stupidity have me stumped. Stupidity test failed Icon_scratch

If my troll fails a stupidity test, and drools for my whole turn, does this means he wont fight back in my opponents turn if engaged in hand to hand?

Also, if the enemy has models in base to base contact with the troll when he fails his test, can they move away from combat without the troll getting a free hit against them?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Stupidity test failed   Stupidity test failed Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar 2010 - 15:24

If a stupid troll is charged in your opponent's turn it will fight back. The rules for stupidity cover your turn only.

Since an enemy may only use the optional rules for leaving combat in his turn the troll has recovered enough to strike the free hit.
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: Stupidity test failed   Stupidity test failed Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar 2010 - 15:55

Thanks for the help VK.
Back to top Go down
inkwolf
Youngblood
Youngblood
inkwolf

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Stupidity test failed   Stupidity test failed Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010 - 16:01

Von Kurst wrote:
If a stupid troll is charged in your opponent's turn it will fight back. The rules for stupidity cover your turn only.

Since an enemy may only use the optional rules for leaving combat in his turn the troll has recovered enough to strike the free hit.

But what about the last sentence of the "stupidity" rules which state, "Regardless of whether the test is passed or failed, the result applies until the start of the model’s following turn (when it takes a new Stupidity test)".

It seems to me like the model should be drooling until the start of the player's next turn. Has there been a clarification to this somewhere else?

I'm a new player, so I don't doubt I'm wrong here. I have an intrest in the answer to this though, 'cause I'm playing in a BTB campaign and one of my heroes is currently holding on to a chaos artifact which has the unfortunate side effect of making her stupid.

Last edited by inkwolf on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 18:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Stupidity test failed   Stupidity test failed Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010 - 17:35

Actually you are right and I am wrong because I checked my bound rulebook not the living rulebook. This gets me in trouble often enough that I should know better. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Stupidity test failed   Stupidity test failed Icon_minitimeFri 8 Mar 2013 - 20:13

Cry
I was hopping I was reading the rules wrong as I remembered them from the bound rule book (allows to still fight) but double checked them with the PDF and scratched my head but wanted to check.
Too bad, Stupidiy sucks but this made it even worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupidity test failed   Stupidity test failed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupidity test failed
Page 1 of 1