Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Stupidity & Frenzy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Stupidity & Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Stupidity & Frenzy   Stupidity & Frenzy Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:24

I was reading through the rules while on the bus, and I came upon something in the rules for Frenzy. I've always been under the impression, that Frenzy makes the warrior immune to psychology, until Frenzy is lost. However, this paragraph made this picture crumble:
"Once they are within charge range, frenzied warriors are immune to all other psyhology, such as fear, and doesn't have to take these tests, as long as they remain within charge range."

First of all, 'as long as they remain within charge range' is a weird definition, since if they're within charge range, they charge, always. They can't really 'remain' within that range, except of course in close combat, so I presume that this is what it means - they're immune to all other psychology while in close combat and right before being charged or charging into a close combat.

The problem I see, and why I'm making this post, is how this affects Stupidity. Stupidity is tested for in the beginning of the turn ("Models that are stupid test at the start of their turn to see if they overcome their stupidity"), while Frenzy charges are measured after charges have been declared. This would mean, that you have to measure whether you're within some sort of charge range before testing for stupidity. Is this correctly interpreted? And that you're not immune to stupidity tests before you're within this charge range.

Would be nice if someone could clarify this down to the detail! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

Stupidity & Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupidity & Frenzy   Stupidity & Frenzy Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:39

I suppose you would need to check the charge range if it is in question at the beginning of the turn even though you would declare charges before measuring normally. It's one of those contradictions to Mordheim rulings that we handle in a gentlemanly manner.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Stupidity & Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupidity & Frenzy   Stupidity & Frenzy Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 2:43

I thought we just talked about this, but I've been back to p.4 and don't see anything. Of course it may have been a side topic in another thread about spears or lucky charms too, so what ya gonna do?

Long ago I swear GW promised to clarify how Frenzy worked before the release of 5th edition Warhammer. They didn't. In fact 5th edition frenzy rules looked just like 4th edition rules (and awfully familiar to Mordheim players as well). And from my memories of 6th an 7th edition Warhammer games confusion remained even in these enlightened days of internet FAQs.

So yeah, we measure to see if our nutter is in charge range, when it looks likely, before taken a stupidity test.

Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Stupidity & Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupidity & Frenzy   Stupidity & Frenzy Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 9:11

Sorry, you're absolutely right. I usually search before posting a topic, but I seem to have forgotten to do that in this case.
I believe this is the post you're searching for: Frenzy + Stupidity

I agree with your solution - Mike & Von Kurst, to measure if you think it's in range, but I'd let the opponent do it, while looking away, so I won't be able to use this for my own advantage - even though I'm a gentleman and wouldn't misuse this Wink 
I wish the rules were just 'immune to psychology' while Frenzied, which I believe it was when I played Warhammer in 7th ed. - much easier!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stupidity & Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupidity & Frenzy   Stupidity & Frenzy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupidity & Frenzy
Page 1 of 1