Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

FEMALE MINIATURES

Go down 
+68
Hunger
renfield286
Nanod
Pervavita
folketsfiende
Mike
Montegue
Boreas_NL
HarryMason
Paboook
Captain Bernhardt
Grimscull
Mephysto
Speckie
Chemical Nova
Wyrdstone Dave
Omens
Mo!
Plague Docter
5pointer
cianty
vampirekhaine
SomeOrc
Drugart
Pirexian
drakkol
mweaver
the bearded snot
Dmig
Skavenblight
jbfasta
dwi
Paluke
Fungomungus
MonkeyShaman
Mithras
blessed knight
ChildOfKhorne
Mr_Sinister
JAFisher44
Pathfinder Dubstyles
magokiron
frog
Jadex
Figgy
BossFacePunch
elChelli
Burlok Blackaxe
Myntokk
Von Kurst
Joker2and53
Trulsa
HornedRat
Eliazar
Imbued84
No Time
toemasss
Mordheimer
DeathHead
lord siwoc
Milliardo
Gobbo Freak
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Kaptain Dedgob
Popmouth
hero
DeafNala
pascal the rascal
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 11:22

pascal the rascal wrote:
Wall of text

Thanks for understanding. Feel better to get it off my chest. Also I think I rephrased my words incorrectly when I said that it's like drooling over women, I meant that it only gives the impression of it (english is not my native language and all). It's just that sometimes the main comment on a miniature is sexy or beautiful and not the compliment on paintwork. I do admire the painting on many of these miniatures myself as well.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 11:36

Kaptain Dedgob wrote:
Thanks for understanding. Feel better to get it off my chest. Also I think I rephrased my words incorrectly when I said that it's like drooling over women, I meant that it only gives the impression of it (english is not my native language and all). It's just that sometimes the main comment on a miniature is sexy or beautiful and not the compliment on paintwork. I do admire the painting on many of these miniatures myself as well.

Glad you got that off your chest, Amigo. Repressed feelings lead to ulcers & resentments...you don't need either of them...trust me on this.
I can usually tell a non English speaker's posts simply by the fact that they spell better & are more grammatically correct than us English speakers. AND quite often they frame their comments in a charming way. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 544694
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 11:47

LR's Vampire Wench has put me in a Halloweeny, Horror Flick state of mind.
Every Vampire needs a Necromancer to aid her in her efforts:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02925_af
painted by Anne Foerster
02925: Thora, Necromancer ($5.99)

Gotta admit I'm not all that crazy about the choice of colors, but the mini HAS definite potential...I LOVE the scroll. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Fresse

ANOTHER Vampire type:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02826_af
painted by Anne Foerster
02826: Terezinya and Familiar ($4.29)
Werner Klocke
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02826_G

They never seem to show the familiars in the painted versions...he/she/it needs some love too. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 12:52

Perhaps it's another debate (I might post it on the Opinion Box?), but it could be great to make a locked section of the forum with themed photos of minis.
I explain : if someone is searching for cool female pirate minis, he can find a thread with a lot of beautiful minis he can use, it can be the same with dwarves female, nordic minis, or warhounds !
Because most of us know just a few of the ranges avaible FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

'cause sometimes I feel like a flooder there, without any goal, just post the mini ! FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_redface

My necro female prefered is from CMON :
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Img49354377cc49d
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 12:58

The Poor Girl seems to be having a bad hair day, a skin problem, AND a tenacle infestation...other than that a COOL MINI. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 544694

I did a "necromancer" search at Reaper. Some of the stuff was posted already & some were Guys, but this one was kind of cute...for a Necromancer, that is:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 03110_G
03110: Nathrae, Dark Elf Cleric ($8.99)
Bobby Jackson
Her Henchperson seems a bit on the undernurrished side. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Suspect
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 14:46

AND just when a good bite on the neck seemed in order, the Forces of Morr appear:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 03149_justinewinterheartundeadhunter_pk_f
painted by Patrick Keith
03149: Justine, Undead Hunter
Matt Gubser ($4.99)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 15:12

The Evil but Alluring Sorceress type NEVER goes out of fashion:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 03025_dsfront
painted by Derek Schubert
03025: Pharess, Fire Sorceress
Werner Klocke ($5.49)
I LOVE the base on this one...I wonder why he didn't carry that flame effect through to the torch thingy.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 18:18

SO after browsing through Reaper & wondering why some minis were painted & others left unloved,Idecided to wander off to Dark Sword...from the Elmore Masterworks:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Fan_set4_redcloak_TD

Although there are quite a lot of individual pieces, some are only available as box sets, forcing you to buy more beautiful minis than you might have otherwise. The only other caveat is the bases are an intregal part of the mini & are quite thick.

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Fan_set7_FemMage1_ali

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Set9_female_thief_f_ali
Painted by Alison Scheirman.

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Fan_set4_journey_TD

The minis are GORGEOUS though. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Herz

Last edited by DeafNala on Wed 14 Oct 2009 - 19:05; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 18:54

I don't really like the sculpt from Dark Sword, I don't know, the faces don't convince me FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_redface
(even if the paintjob of Thomas David is ahhhhh FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Herz)
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 19:13

Nala, you've been a busy boy today !!
love most of them, particularly 03110: Nathrae, Dark Elf Cleric ($8.99)
and 03025: Pharess, Fire Sorceress
Although it seems a bit weird for a non-fire creature, to be standing inside the flames and not having her skirt and scroll like thingies go up in flames.
02925: Thora, Necromancer ($5.99) is less my style ; don't like naked women most of the time, her "mace" is kind of cartooney. The scroll (the painting) is awesome !

For Dark Sword, I guess I have the same opinion as Lanyssa ; I'm not quite fond of them.

been browsing reaper a bit (yeah, yeah, you got me alright !) ; seem to be 25/28 mm figs. That's a bit of a bummer because I think they are a bit smaller than GW and a lot smaller than Rackham.
Is this correct ?

Lanyssa, would that be a conversion and not a produced mini ?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 19:24

Nice thread.
Reaper and scale--Actually the models are all over the place scale wise just like GW. If you want something to match you have the same chance as you would buying a GW vampire from the current range to use alongside skeletons from the current GW range. The skellies will look tiny.

Most miniature companies are just recommending a scale at present.

Most Reaper minis will look just fine alongside GW Mordheim range figures.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 20:07

I went & did a match up with the minis I have on hand. Sizewise Reaper matches up pretty well with both GW & Rackham. They have about the same heft as the GW but are ever so slightly taller & are about the same height as Rackham, but slightly heftier. The older Reapers; i.e., the lower #s, are slightly shorter than the newer minis. Ral Partha & Mega Minis are true 25mm minis; ergo shorter than all the 28mm/32mm minis.
The thing is that as far as height & heft go, like real people there is & should be a difference in height & build. Where they don't work together is in the things like detailing; eg., Rackham minis have all that finely wrought filigree stuff whereas in comparison GW are rather plain.
One other little problem is the way different mini makers measure their minis. A lot of the newer makers measure to the top of the minis head; older mini makers measure to the eyes. SO...a company like Wyrd calls their minis 32mm while Reaper says 28mm, but they're just about the same height. Therin lies the benefit of actually seeing the minis in the metal/plastic.
Confusing, ain't it? FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 20:53

Justine the Undead Hunter is awesome! The pose is just really, really cool. Is she mounted on a standard 20mm base? I would kind of like to get her, but if so then she looks like she might be a tad small...

I like Terezinya a lot too - the facial expression is priceless! It's rare that a mini is actually so expressive, mostly the faces are bland or angry.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 21:07

Myntokk wrote:
Justine the Undead Hunter is awesome! The pose is just really, really cool. Is she mounted on a standard 20mm base? I would kind of like to get her, but if so then she looks like she might be a tad small...

Reaper's bases are 25mm plastic with a slightly indented top for scenicing purposes. GW & Mega Mini are pretty much the only folks that go for the 20mm bases.

Myntokk wrote:
I like Terezinya a lot too - the facial expression is priceless! It's rare that a mini is actually so expressive, mostly the faces are bland or angry.

I rather like her expression also...facial expressions are one of the first qualities I look for in a mini. When you're trying for character/personality, a good expressive face is vital. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 544694
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 21:45

DeafNala wrote:
Fenryll DOES INDEED make some REALLY great minis that are nearly impossible to get outside of France. C'est la vie, eh?! FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Suspect

http://www.frpgames.com/new/cart.php?m=product_list&mfg=FEN

Carries or rather is able to special order Fenryll minis, I think they are located on the West Coast of the US. Also I have been able to pick a few up from some local hobby stores.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 22:03

@HornedRat:THANKS MUCHO! It looks like they have or could get just about EVERYTHING Fenryl makes. OH BABY! FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Burlok Blackaxe
Veteran
Veteran
Burlok Blackaxe

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 1:59

DeafNala wrote:
Kaptain Dedgob wrote:

Glad you got that off your chest, Amigo. Repressed feelings lead to ulcers & resentments...you don't need either of them...trust me on this.
I can usually tell a non English speaker's posts simply by the fact that they spell better & are more grammatically correct than us English speakers. AND quite often they frame their comments in a charming way. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 544694
A bit off topic, but no, actually, they don't. It was proven that the cause of ulcers are bacterial, not stress related, I'll look for the article later and pm it if you want.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 8:51

@Burlok Blackaxe: YET ANOTHER Old Wives Tale bites the dust...adding credence to the rumors that Old Wives hit the cooking sherry pretty hard.

Well...thus far I've had no luck finding an Old Wife to go with the theme of this post, but I DID find a Sorceress with a bit of an attittude:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02810_Hyrekia_cs
painted by Chris Smith
02810: Hyrekia, Sorceress ($4.99)
Werner Klocke
"Burn the Witch...go ahead & make my day." FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 842536
Back to top Go down
elChelli
Hero
Hero
elChelli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 9:12

@deafnala like the colors, specially the eyes make up
really COOL!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 9:21

elChelli wrote:
@deafnala like the colors, specially the eyes make up
really COOL!

We ARE definitely on the same page on this one...the way the eyes are done gives the mini a aura of menace. The choice of colors is fantastic. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 544694
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 9:49

One of the more annoying things about the Rules for Mordheim is they make armor SO EXPENSIVE as to be beyond useless...then their designers make most of the minis encased in armor FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Suspect . That aside here a Battle Babe...in armor:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02725_Alaine_jh
painted by Jennifer Haley
02725: Alaine, Female Paladin ($4.99)
Werner Klocke

I LOVE the way the sword was painted.
Another Iron Lady; with this one I LOVE everything except the base:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02823_lt
painted by Liliana Troy
02823: Rasia, w/Spiked Chain ($3.99)
Werner Klocke
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 10:04

Now Orcs or, in this case, 1/2 Orcs are generally not linked to the Babe thingy, but this one MIGHT go a ways to changing that misconception:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02708_Janara_mg
painted by Michael Genet
02708: Janara HalfOrc Female ($3.99)
Jim Johnson
Of course, a GREAT paint job helps also. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Suspect
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 10:20

This is one of my FAVORITE Towne Folk Blisters:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02583_w_1
02583: Townsfolk I ($14.49)
Bobby Jackson

With the less well endowed Wench in full color:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02583_2583_townsfolki_1_ai
painted by Angela Imrie

The set is also available in the P65 (lead) range for $4 less AND now in a boxed set with most all of the other Townies.
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 02583_2583_townsfolki_3_ai
painted by Angela Imrie

Okay so he ain't a Babe, but he is SUCH a DELIGHTFULLY grubby Guy I had to put up the painted mini...he said so FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Suspect .
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 11:40

NOW some Dark Sword femme fatales:
http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/store.html

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 V_7414_f_p
DSM7414 - Visions in Fantasy - Female High Elf Warrior with Sword and Shield - $7.99 Sculpted by Jeff Grace

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 V_7210_f_p
DSM7210 -Visions in Fantasy - Female Warrior with Long Sword and Shield - $7.99 -Sculpted by Gael Goumon

The facial expressions on these two are somewhat softer than the Dark Sword norm... rather pretty, eh?! FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Herz

Last edited by DeafNala on Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 12:00; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 11:52

pascal the rascal wrote:
Lanyssa, would that be a conversion and not a produced mini ?

It's a produced mini for the CMON10 contest FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_biggrin I ordered her some time ago, but they told me they hadn't her in stock FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_cry And now I see they have a few more ! FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes

A great witch from Enigma Miniatures :

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 30-19-1

Rather pretty, too, uh ?FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Lol (I really like this mini FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 509466 )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FEMALE MINIATURES
Page 10 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next